Prosecution rests in Craig Whyte fraud trial

Bad Robot

I thought I'd put this here so most Bears know a verdict is coming soon and the Mods can move to the B&F forum as they see fit.

I'm unsure how long the jury will sit but perhaps others might take a guess. 

I also presuming this case is open to an appeal is certain circumstances and again, I'm sure others such BNB will know better than me.

If this cunt gets a guilty then our association and clubs really need to have a right look at the way these bastards treated us.

The prosecution case against former Rangers owner Craig Whyte has concluded at the High Court in Glasgow.

Advocate Depute Alex Prentice QC told the jury of eight men and seven women that no further evidence would be led by the Crown.

Mr Whyte is accused of acquiring Rangers by fraud. He denies the charge and another under the Companies Act.

A total of 17 witnesses have given evidence so far - including Sir David Murray, Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

During the conclusion of the prosecution's case, Mr Prentice made a number of changes to the charges faced by Mr Whyte, including the date of the alleged fraud.

Locations were also deleted from the charges along with a number of individuals said to have been "representatives" of Mr Whyte.

Mr Prentice concluded: "With that, I formally close the Crown case."

Jurors were then sent away for the day as legal discussions took place.

The trial, before judge Lady Stacey, continues.

I wasn't confident of a conviction prior to the trial starting but held out hope that the prosecution had an ace up their sleeve - but so far, what we've heard hasn't exactly contained bombshell allegations of misdeeds by Whyte.

I'm now convinced he's walking.

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I thought I'd put this here so most Bears know a verdict is coming soon and the Mods can move to the B&F forum as they see fit.

I'm unsure how long the jury will sit but perhaps others might take a guess. 

I also presuming this case is open to an appeal is certain circumstances and again, I'm sure others such BNB will know better than me.

If this cunt gets a guilty then our association and clubs really need to have a right look at the way these bastards treated us.

The prosecution case against former Rangers owner Craig Whyte has concluded at the High Court in Glasgow.

Advocate Depute Alex Prentice QC told the jury of eight men and seven women that no further evidence would be led by the Crown.

Mr Whyte is accused of acquiring Rangers by fraud. He denies the charge and another under the Companies Act.

A total of 17 witnesses have given evidence so far - including Sir David Murray, Walter Smith and Ally McCoist.

During the conclusion of the prosecution's case, Mr Prentice made a number of changes to the charges faced by Mr Whyte, including the date of the alleged fraud.

Locations were also deleted from the charges along with a number of individuals said to have been "representatives" of Mr Whyte.

Mr Prentice concluded: "With that, I formally close the Crown case."

Jurors were then sent away for the day as legal discussions took place.

The trial, before judge Lady Stacey, continues.

i am no legal expert but from what i heard and saw in reports i think the bastard will get off  it annoys me that the juries were asked if they had any link to rangers but no one questions if they had a link to the tims you can bet your boots that any juror supporting that mob will want him found not guilty

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Sounds ominous but fingers crossed the weasel gets what he deserves. 

Yeh, the throbbing dick from the 6' 8" convenor of the Trinidad & Tobago RSC planted right in his dung funnel with absolutely no lube within 30 miles of the deed. 

5 minutes ago, billscott said:

i am no legal expert but from what i heard and saw in reports i think the bastard will get off  it annoys me that the juries were asked if they had any link to rangers but no one questions if they had a link to the tims you can bet your boots that any juror supporting that mob will want him found not guilty

Are these guys not from Scotland - no doubt it's a fucking timmigrant asking such a stupid fucking question.

I think he will walk to be honest with you. The sensors of.cuntsnin life seam to meander through shit whereas others In our own close networks and friends would be hung out to dry. 

I fear the worst and hope for the best  . 

13 minutes ago, billscott said:

I thought it was a quick trial which again leads me to believe the prosecution was weak, especially as I believe Whyte was hand picked to do a job. I hope I'm wrong.

Yes the jury should have been asked for their own allegiances as the cunts hate us and have no shred of decency or morals which is evident with their own looming law trials.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Fenian rat of a brother in law tried to noise me up about this the other night saying "craigy whytes a legend he's gonni walk"

Crossed the line, fell out with him and my sister now.

I honestly couldn't discuss the football at the weekend with any of them as I know I'll say things which will make me fall out with whoever it is. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I honestly couldn't discuss the football at the weekend with any of them as I know I'll say things which will make me fall out with whoever it is. 

Mate, i was dropping my boy off for a sleepover and the wee rat bastard had been sitting out in the sun all day bevvying so starting thinking he could get wide with his mouth dressed.

If there weren't kids present i would have punched his cunt in but i was sober and sensible.

The wee idiot usually sits and says fuck all when he is sober.

10 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

He may give evidence if we get to a defence case

What does that mean?

Did the PF not call him or was that restricted due to the defence using him and are there more witnesses to appear ?

I'm erring on the side of caution here but my view is to refrain from commenting on the case until it is concluded.   Reporting facts as stated in court - as the media has done throughout - is one thing, like those repeated in the OP.   But drawing opinion or assumption or conclusion etc from the facts is, imo, best left until after the case has been concluded.    

From what I've read of the case as reported I'd be surprised if we had to wait long before the case is concluded.     

28 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

What does that mean?

Did the PF not call him or was that restricted due to the defence using him and are there more witnesses to appear ?

The case isn't over yet. The defence can now call witnesses though he may choose not to. 

The crown can't call him. Only the defence. It's unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

The case isn't over yet. The defence can now call witnesses though he may choose not to. 

The crown can't call him. Only the defence. It's unlikely. 

Cheers, probably the thread needs locked.

2 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

I wasn't confident of a conviction prior to the trial starting but held out hope that the prosecution had an ace up their sleeve - but so far, what we've heard hasn't exactly contained bombshell allegations of misdeeds by Whyte.

I'm now convinced he's walking.

I'm 100% convince judging by what a few bears have been hearing .

Getting selfies taken with the scum ,walking around the streets with that old sleekit arrogant look .

Mentioned it before and OP was taken off .

I know with  absolute certainty ,we are never going to be allowed to be the victims here . No chance

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Fenian rat of a brother in law tried to noise me up about this the other night saying "craigy whytes a legend he's gonni walk"

Crossed the line, fell out with him and my sister now.

You really need to deal with this brother in law. 

I've only read two of your posts mentioning him, don't know either of you, and even I'm starting to hate him!

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I thought it was a quick trial which again leads me to believe the prosecution was weak, especially as I believe Whyte was hand picked to do a job. I hope I'm wrong.

Yes the jury should have been asked for their own allegiances as the cunts hate us and have no shred of decency or morals which is evident with their own looming law trials.

Yes mate . I forgotten about that . The jury .

Was watching the movie " Runaway Jury " last night .

How easy it was to manipulate the jury . This is Scotland . The PF is full of them . That is all I know

2 hours ago, billscott said:

If they were asked this question in Scotland . That in itself is a scandal knowing this City is divided