Travel club emails out

Escobar

7 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

See if you apply for a ticket but don't get allocated one, do you still get a point?

Yes. Penalised a point if apply, succesful, then reject.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/06/2017 at 4:10 PM, M0NTY said:

Aye mate if it let you upload it then its fine. A had to take a pic on ma phone then download a fuckin resizing app then it made me crop it on the website when it uploaded. Some old boys would be fucked if they wanted a ticket. 

What's the name of the app? 

Sorry just seen earlier post

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Seems daft doing that when selling those kind of tickets is quite easy I imagine

First time I've joined up

You have to pick them up over in the country with passport on some occasions supposedly.

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Wouldn't call that penalised tbh

Sorry didn't explain that well, you don't get the orginal point either. So say you start on 5, apply, are succesful but don't pick it up - you go down to 4. You're worse off than you were originally, it's to discourage people applying with no intention of going.

18 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

What's the name of the app? 

Sorry just seen earlier post

I cant mind mate, if you google android pic resize if on android its one of the first results. A deleted the app after using it i hate having apps on my phone i use once on a bluemoon ?

32 minutes ago, BEE said:

You have to pick them up over in the country with passport on some occasions supposedly.

Sorry didn't explain that well, you don't get the orginal point either. So say you start on 5, apply, are succesful but don't pick it up - you go down to 4. You're worse off than you were originally, it's to discourage people applying with no intention of going.

Really? :lol: 

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Didn't know that, fair enough

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Think so @K.A.I and @southdown 1916done more euro trips than I've had hot dinners - they'll know.

Can understand the aims behind a system like that but seems quite harsh if you've got someone who can't make it last minute because of something like health or family emergency

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Think so @K.A.I and @southdown 1916done more euro trips than I've had hot dinners - they'll know.

That was the case for the last few euro trips I've done, Manchester was Wigan pickup, Valencia was a city centre hotel and I got my PSV ticket on the official flight, sure it will continue that way now.

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Can understand the aims behind a system like that but seems quite harsh if you've got someone who can't make it last minute because of something like health or family emergency

I'm sure if that was the case you would be able to show your insurance trail and get your point back, though if it was such a dramatic emergency that I missed a paid for Euro trip for I wouldn't be worried about my travel club point personally 

Imagine we got Ballymena, Crusaders or Coleraine :lol: sash bash..

Well I know these clubs aren't specifically protestant, like Linfield, but my guess would be they're supported mostly by the prods.

19 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

16 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

I'm sure if that was the case you would be able to show your insurance trail and get your point back, though if it was such a dramatic emergency that I missed a paid for Euro trip for I wouldn't be worried about my travel club point personally 

You lose the point for rejecting the ticket I think, not sure if it would happen if you didn't collect it at all.

7 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Or I have no intention of going however I will take the ticket pass it on or lose the money so I can get the point and then deprive someone of a ticket for a future game because I am a wideo

29 minutes ago, southdown 1916 said:

Or I have no intention of going however I will take the ticket pass it on or lose the money so I can get the point and then deprive someone of a ticket for a future because I am a wideo

Indeed, not really possible to differentiate the different cases

On 02/06/2017 at 10:33 PM, Wearethepeople72 said:

I'm in two minds whether to join or not, my brother has no annual leave left so I'd be travelling myself. 

Don't want to not join and later regret it but.

I travelled myself to Portsmouth a few years back for a pre season friendly, I ended up meeting the legend that is @Rfc52 and done his nut in for the day. :lol: 

point is you'll neve be alone for long distance away games. 

9 hours ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

That was the case for the last few euro trips I've done, Manchester was Wigan pickup, Valencia was a city centre hotel and I got my PSV ticket on the official flight, sure it will continue that way now.

Ososuna was the same and got IT on the flight.

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

I travelled myself to Portsmouth a few years back for a pre season friendly, I ended up meeting the legend that is @Rfc52 and done his nut in for the day. :lol: 

point is you'll neve be alone for long distance away games. 

I Was The same mate. Went on the glassy bus. Hardly knew anyone and only kind of knew two boys I was with. 12 hours later I'm chasing the young team with you 

Some of my best night have been following Rangers around Europe  Villarreal away was cracking so was Eindhoven with ma old man as a pup.

some places can be a little heavy handed /under prepared for the invasion like Osasuna bears getting battered over the nut and tear gassed etc but to be honest those incidence have never took the shine off seeing us take over town/city in Europe gives me a buzz

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, Wearethepeople72 said:

I'm in two minds whether to join or not, my brother has no annual leave left so I'd be travelling myself. 

Don't want to not join and later regret it but.

Expensive it is mate but you'll not regret joining bud. Taking over pub's in whatever Europe city with a band of bothers is fuckin brilliant and win loose or draw its a cracking atmosphere

loud and proud sign up mate

17 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I Was The same mate. Went on the glassy bus. Hardly knew anyone and only kind of knew two boys I was with. 12 hours later I'm chasing the young team with you 

Yaaas.  What a trip that was. :lol: