$uper Ally

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why would he ask that? 

They all knew what each other was getting paid and the bonus clauses in place. 

Bain was writing outrageous contracts for all his pals, Ally being who he is would just run his hands ask when it was his turn and say go the deal. 

Players were on contracts £25-£30k at the time also.  That was the business model at the time.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Players were on contracts £25-£30k at the time also.  That was the business model at the time.

You are seriously trying to compare a players wage to Bain & Ally writing their own ticket with outrageous clauses as the club was talking admin. 

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why would he ask that? 

They all knew what each other was getting paid and the bonus clauses in place. 

Bain was writing outrageous contracts for all his pals, Ally being who he is would just run his hands ask when it was his turn and sign the deal. 

Is that true though or just Internet stories? Smith made out he didn't know what Ally was being paid.

I agree they were all on too much money with outrageous clauses but if I was offered a large contract I would be assuming the company could easily afford it.

I just hope mismanagement of the club is well behind us. No amount of looking back will change anything. 

15 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Is that true though or just Internet stories? Smith made out he didn't know what Ally was being paid.

I agree they were all on too much money with outrageous clauses but if I was offered a large contract I would be assuming the company could easily afford it.

I just hope mismanagement of the club is well behind us. No amount of looking back will change anything. 

Walter was at board meetings he knew the club was going under so did Bain. 

The 3 of them where good friends they all knew the club was in a bad way, to still be writing and signing contracts that they did is just unforgivable imo. 

First post on here.  I think the questions we need to ask, especially following the farce that ended yesterday  is where to do we go from here.  It seems to me that when Murray decided to get rid (and it must have been obvious to those on the inside that it was get rid at any price) then the whole climate changed and everyone who was anyone got on the bandwagon and in effect wrote themselves blank cheques .  The worrying thing about it is, that some of those who stood by and let the train crash happen are still in place to let it happen again and as fans we seem to be unable to do a thing about it.

Very sad place to be. 

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Walter was at board meetings he knew the club was going under so did Bain. 

The 3 of them where good friends they all knew the club was in a bad way, to still be writing and signing contracts that they did is just unforgivable imo. 

OK.  I didn't know that. It is unforgivable if they were lining their pockets when they knew funds were being stretched.

But we have to move on. There's really no point in regurgitating endless threads about Ally's salary.

McCoist was a horrific manager but I can't not like the guy, I was born in 1982, my early and best memories of Rangers are moulded around him scoring goals and winning us Titles and Cups.

Ally McCoist is in the Rangers Hall of Fame because he earned it on the field over a vast number of years, I understand why many don't like him anymore, particularly younger Bears and older ones, ones with their own childhood heroes but as a child of the late 70s early 80s I'd imagine Ally will always be a Hero.

Martin Bain is yer man who drew up those contracts, there's yer villain.

5 hours ago, MisterBlueSky said:

For those who still can still accept this man as a legend despite his penny shares, media interviews, and being the worst manager in our history, check out some info from the court case...

Ally McCoist's "golden contract"

The trial heard that when Rangers legend Ally McCoist became the club's assistant manager under Walter Smith, there was a penalty clause put into his contract that said if he did not become manager when Smith left, the club was going to have to pay him an "enormous" amount of money. Smith, McCoist's long-term mentor, only seemed to learn the full extent of the deal when he was given details in the witness box. He told defence lawyer Donald Findlay QC: "Mr McCoist obviously negotiates his own contracts, so he's possibly a bit brighter than I am

The man is not a legend. He is a fraud and has only ever been after one thing.

He should be removed from the HOF and never let near Ibrox again. 

so who put the clause in his contract? last time i checked, employess don't write their own contracts you tit.

33 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

McCoist was a horrific manager but I can't not like the guy, I was born in 1982, my early and best memories of Rangers are moulded around him scoring goals and winning us Titles and Cups.

Ally McCoist is in the Rangers Hall of Fame because he earned it on the field over a vast number of years, I understand why many don't like him anymore, particularly younger Bears and older ones, ones with their own childhood heroes but as a child of the late 70s early 80s I'd imagine Ally will always be a Hero.

Martin Bain is yer man who drew up those contracts, there's yer villain.

Bang on mate. Was born 1986 so feel exact same 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You are seriously trying to compare a players wage to Bain & Ally writing their own ticket with outrageous clauses as the club was talking admin. 

Nope.  Just pointing out the disregard for finances at the time...head in the sand "it'll be alright" type of financial management.  So long as income streams were maintained and debts were being managed it was the way it was.  Singling out individual employees is ridiculous.  The buck stops with the board....Murray and Bain in particular.

10 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Nope.  Just pointing out the disregard for finances at the time...head in the sand "it'll be alright" type of financial management.  So long as income streams were maintained and debts were being managed it was the way it was.  Singling out individual employees is ridiculous.  The buck stops with the board....Murray and Bain in particular.

The board were talking about admin hardly maintaining a steady financial stream or managing debt. Bain was writing contracts without the board giving final ok and writing in huge monetary bonus clauses. 

If I can call Whyte Green Ashley and all the rest money grabbing cunts then Bain and Ally should fit right in alongside of them. 

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Honking thread full of the usual boring pish ..... 

It never ceases to amaze me.......a week where we are bringing new faces to the club with plenty of positivity a good feeling that we may just be moving in the right direction.......I think I will start a negative thread about McCoist just so we get can get everycunt arguing again.......what a walloper:britney:

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It never ceases to amaze me.......a week where we are bringing new faces to the club with plenty of positivity a good feeling that we may just be moving in the right direction.......I think I will start a negative thread about McCoist just so we get can get everycunt arguing again.......what a walloper:britney:

Honking.... posts it like a taig, doesn't reply again and sits back touching himself watching the usual bores pile in....

unbelievable

37 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The board were talking about admin hardly maintaining a steady financial stream or managing debt. Bain was writing contracts without the board giving final ok and writing in huge monetary bonus clauses. 

If I can call Whyte Green Ashley and all the rest money grabbing cunts then Bain and Ally should fit right in alongside of them. 

You can call anyone anything you want.  There's a subtle difference in that all the rest were decision makers when it came to authorising the spending of money and sanctioning salaries.  McCoist was merely an employee.

3 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

It wont change anything, but we can learn from it, and the fact that two of the oldco board who watched this shite happening are on the current board while trying to invite back another ex board member who is being accused of dodgy dealings while in the chairmans seat, is a sign that we are learning fuck all

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

You can call anyone anything you want.  There's a subtle difference in that all the rest were decision makers when it came to authorising the spending of money and sanctioning salaries.  McCoist was merely an employee.

You really believe that? 

Bain writes one of his best mates a golden contract and Ally was just an employee. 

If that's what you think mate then fair enough, it's beyond naive imo.