Welcome to Rangers Alfredo Morelos

Guest Lloyd72

On our national sport channel Win Sports last night they show small part of his interview. The local newspaper show announcement on instagram but nothing in the newspapers yet, maybe they have today.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, denya said:

On our national sport channel Win Sports last night they show small part of his interview. The local newspaper show announcement on instagram but nothing in the newspapers yet, maybe they have today.

Good to see the club getting a bit of a profile boost in South America. Always thought we should sign more players from that part of the globe as they are usually the best at producing great players.

I've got high hopes for this kid as his record is superb. Hope he becomes a legend for us and breaks through into the national team.

I know it's too soon for Morelos but are Columbia qualified or likely to qualify for the World Cup?

Just now, William McBeath said:

Good to see the club getting a bit of a profile boost in South America. Always thought we should sign more players from that part of the globe as they are usually the best at producing great players.

I've got high hopes for this kid as his record is superb. Hope he becomes a legend for us and breaks through into the national team.

I know it's too soon for Morelos but are Columbia qualified or likely to qualify for the World Cup?

Today I see a small article in my local newspaper about him. The national newspapers not yet. We are very close to qualify for the World Cup, we should be there. Like you say it is too soon for Morelos because he is behind Bacca, Falcao, Miguel Borja, Muriel and probably now Dayro Moreno for spot on the team but him and Santos Borre have good chance if they continue good form to get on the team for the next Copa America. 

• 3 weeks later...

Half a game, he looked very unfit and was struggling on the state of the pitch, he didn't get any service at all either which didn't help. I was incredibly harsh on him in the match thread and said he looks dug shite. I think it might have been the anger talking to be honest.. 

He'll be a good player for us I reckon, having seen the way he can put the ball away and he looks very quick when he's fully fit, still excited about this signing even after Tuesday. 

36 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Half a game, he looked very unfit and was struggling on the state of the pitch, he didn't get any service at all either which didn't help. I was incredibly harsh on him in the match thread and said he looks dug shite. I think it might have been the anger talking to be honest.. 

He'll be a good player for us I reckon, having seen the way he can put the ball away and he looks very quick when he's fully fit, still excited about this signing even after Tuesday. 

Supposedly took a knock early on. That might have had something to do with him seeming unfit as well.

He looked amateurish in his movements. 

The sort of runs you'd make at under 13 level and get away with it but at professional level it's easy to defend against. 

You could see Miller get extremely angry with the way he was moving. 

Give him more time certainly, but hoping to see big improvements. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

The sort of runs you'd make at under 13 level and get away with it but at professional level it's easy to defend against. 

You could see Miller get extremely angry with the way he was moving. 

That's rich from Miller considering he stood out the left wing all first half and never once got in behind a defender..

Even when he got moved centrally he didn't get in behind

Just now, Ryan_1 said:

You could see Miller, get extremely angry with the way he was moving. 

TBF, the Finnish League isn't great, but it's better than that Luxembourg team. If he could move well enough to score the goals he did against Finnish teams, he should, all things being equal, have been able to do the same against Progres. Which suggests that knowing how to move better than an under 13 player wasn't ,and isn't going to be, the issue.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

TBF, the Finnish League isn't great, but it's better than that Luxembourg team. If he could move well enough to score the goals he did against Finnish teams, he should, all things being equal, have been able to do the same against Progres. Which suggests that knowing how to move better than an under 13 player wasn't ,and isn't going to be, the issue.

Exactly.

He looked to me like a player who wasn't even close to being fully fit

Once his fitness levels improve, he'll become sharper and then we'll see what he can really do 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There is no way that he should be unfit tbf.

I wasn't suggesting he was unfit. Quite possibly wasn't is my point... thathHe may have just seemed it because of the knock. Apparently took the knock early on.

Just now, Inigo said:

I wasn't suggesting he was unfit. Quite possibly wasn't is my point... thathHe may have just seemed it because of the knock. Apparently took the knock early on.

Fair enough, read it wrong, think he did take a knock in the first minute or something.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Fair enough, read it wrong, think he did take a knock in the first minute or something.

Does look slightly chubby, but some guys  just naturally have that look. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Agree with all that. Playing up front as a lone striker on his debut, with very little service, against a team banking-up was always going to be a tough ask of him. Hindsight is a great thing, but I wonder how the game would have transpired had we not started with two holding midfielders, and played Herrera alongside Morelos instead. Anyway, I've still got a feeling it will come really good for this guy.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yeah he got a sore one. I didn't think he was going to get up.

5 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Agree with all that. Playing up front as a lone striker on his debut, with very little service, against a team banking-up was always going to be a tough ask of him. Hindsight is a great thing, but I wonder how the game would have transpired had we not started with two holding midfielders, and played Herrera alongside Morelos instead. Anyway, I've still got a feeling it will come really good for this guy.

I don't think enough emphasis was put on the fact he took a knock early on. He did not loom comfortable at all after that on Tuesday. 

More worried that Pedro couldn't out-fox their manager than I am individual performances. 

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Edited the post to make it clearer as well btw. Was quite easy to read wrong tbf.

13 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

We had a youth player in central defense.  A lad who hadn't even played 10 games at senior level.  We went in to the game knowing that if we didn't concede we would win the game.  You don't think two CDMs were a good idea?

20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

he took a bad knock in the 1st min at one point i thought he was being substituted he never looked the same after that  think thats why he was off at half time

2 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

I don't think enough emphasis was put on the fact he took a knock early on. He did not loom comfortable at all after that on Tuesday. 

More worried that Pedro couldn't out-fox their manager than I am individual performances. 

I said something similar in a different thread mate. They broke the play up and slowed the game down to a crawl, which suited them down to a tee. As the game went on, like a lot of bears, I had a bad feeling it was going to end the way it did. We didn't get beat by a better team, but by an opposition coach who seemed more savvy over the two legs; and a big slice of lady luck too, but I guess you make your own luck in football.

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We had a youth player in central defense.  A lad who hadn't even played 10 games at senior level.  We went in to the game knowing that if we didn't concede we would win the game.  You don't think two CDMs were a good idea?

Nope. I don't. I said to my mates at the start At times they were playing a 5-5-0 with the occasional 5-4-1, so we could easily have coped with just Jack doing the job of a sitting midfielder. They were rubbish on the break with just a couple of shots at goal. Just my opinion though. 

Just now, Truth_is_out_there said:

Nope. I don't. I said to my mates at the start At times they were playing a 5-5-0 with the occasional 5-4-1, so we could easily have coped with just Jack doing the job of a sitting midfielder. They were rubbish on the break with just a couple of shots at goal. Just my opinion though. 

I'm certain most managers are happy to defend a lead away from home in Europe.  Progres were going to come at us at some point during the game and out strategy would've been to get a goal once things started to open up.  The way we set ourselves up seemed reasonable enough we just couldn't execute it.