Rangers launch bid for Kenny McLean

The Dude

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yeah but at 1.5 M that's quite a lot for us . As an aside , is this instead of Dorrans ? 

Trying to find out on that. I think it'll depend on where Pedro sees him playing. If he's further forward I don't think it'll have any effect, if he's looked at for one of the two 'sitter' roles then I'd be fairly sure it was. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Trying to find out on that. I think it'll depend on where Pedro sees him playing. If he's further forward I don't think it'll have any effect, if he's looked at for one of the two 'sitter' roles then I'd be fairly sure it was. 

Yeah. Only guessing , but sounds like Dorrans deal is struggling hence were going for McLean. 

I suppose time will tell.  

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Yeah. Only guessing , but sounds like Dorrans deal is struggling hence were going for McLean. 

I suppose time will tell.  

Norwich have been pissing about and keep moving the goalposts. If both are going to cost around the same, I'd take McLean. Younger, lower wages and probably suits what we need a little better just now. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Norwich have been pissing about and keep moving the goalposts. If both are going to cost around the same, I'd take McLean. Younger, lower wages and probably suits what we need a little better just now. 

It surprises me that Norwich are harder to deal with than aberdeen , given that we are in different leagues.  

Of the two , get what you mean about being younger and lower wages, but you can't beat the experience of playing against world class players week on week that you get in the epl.  It's Dorrans for me if the transfer fee is near enough the same . 

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

It surprises me that Norwich are harder to deal with than aberdeen , given that we are in different leagues.  

Of the two , get what you mean about being younger and lower wages, but you can't beat the experience of playing against world class players week on week that you get in the epl.  It's Dorrans for me if the transfer fee is near enough the same . 

Also not giving the sheepshaggers money!!??

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

That's the difference between the two 'economies' £1.5m is a fair wedge to an Aberdeen but it's buttons to Norwich. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's the difference between the two 'economies' £1.5m is a fair wedge to an Aberdeen but it's buttons to Norwich. 

Fair comment Dude .

I suppose it depends on how valuable Norwich see him and if they want him off the wage bill. 

It really seems as if it's one or the other.  And if we play our cards right, we can use that for our benefit , though ideally you wouldn't want to give the sheep the money

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can see that POV but then you're also taking another of their better players. McInnes would be lucky to get half of it to spend on replacements.

Exactly, and half keeps them going.

Hopefully we are now getting better quality for less money.

Only time will tell tho.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I'd take McLean AND Dorrans if we can get some money in for the shite we are trying to offload. 

Selling Forrester for £500-600k and spending it on McLean represents excellent business. 

Are you on drugs???   Forrester will leave for what he is worth ....Zilch 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

But not a patch on Dorrans ability wise, if it is a straight choice its a no brainer, Dorrans offers far more as a player.

A player who has his heart set on a move elsewhere is no good whatsoever to his current club ,Laudrups last season with us was a waste with his head already at Chelsea.

Are we genuinely interested or are we just trying to unsettle Aberdeen's most valuable asset?

We could be using this bid to put pressure on Norwich to accept our current offer by appearing to switch targets.

If we're trying to buy McLean then £1.5m is way overpriced for him. £750k to £900k would be about right IMO.

6 hours ago, gmcf said:

Norwich are filthy republican bastards. Their CEO is a Celtic supporter, if he's still there and that cow Smith is also sympathetic to the rat catchers cause. Norwich are scum. 

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yes . I see an Ian Ferguson type role for him

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Norwich are filthy republican bastards. Their CEO is a Celtic supporter, if he's still there and that cow Smith is also sympathetic to the rat catchers cause. Norwich are scum. 

Can't remember last, when they never had some beggar as their manager or as an  assistant .

Not sure who the present one is though. Want them gubbed every other week