GAR - Never Heard Of It

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I thought it was an interesting read. It basically goes through our old and new strikers and assesses their performance.

Be aware that these are just statistics, and although interesting do not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

In saying that...

Waghorn is fucking shite.

https://therangersreport.com/2017/06/21/goals-above-replacement-rangers-recent-attempts-to-find-a-top-striker/

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

After reading that if Morelos doesn't score 5 tomorrow night he can get to fuck.

I'm hoping he starts, he didn't have any kind of real chance last time round. Would be exciting to see an ambitious fearless young striker getting fed by an on fire Niko.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm hoping he starts, he didn't have any kind of real chance last time round. Would be exciting to see an ambitious fearless young striker getting fed by an on fire Niko.

I'd be surprised if he didn't, he's basically in the middle of his season so should be sharp enough. Although saying that I expected him to start last week.

Morelos looks a great young prospect but we need a top class winger badly as without the service a forward is very limited to what he can do.  If we sign a good winger then he could turn draws into wins with his service and we could challenge Celtic as they are not as great as the media make out.  

19 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

That article told us what we already know, but backed it up with statistics. Dodoo gets a raw deal IMO being behind Waghorn.

I think Waghorn should be taken to the abattoir and turned into dog food.

I agree completely regarding Dodoo, but I wonder if there's something wrong that we're not seeing ourselves - his attitude might be at fault. Otherwise, I cannot understand why Waghorn gets a game ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I agree completely regarding Dodoo, but I wonder if there's something wrong that we're not seeing ourselves - his attitude might be at fault. Otherwise, I cannot understand why Waghorn gets a game ahead of him.

Must be something in that. He's been consistently left out for the past year even when he has been scoring from the subs bench. Others have said he is more of an impact sub, which is backed up by the stats last season. Should still be ahead of Waghorn though IMO. Waggy cannot hit a barn door these days.

36 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Going by that how come Dumbelle is worth £45 million and Thumb cant get a game?

Its all about the Rangers but giving an example

Cause Dembele is a far better player, especially off the ball. 

Its kind of like when we had Boyd, Novo, Darcheville, Cousin etc in the Manchester season. 

You can play Boyd up front but off the ball he's not very good so your entire teams approach play is geared to putting it on a plate for him. But that becomes laboured, especially against bigger sides.

You may want to sacrifice a goalscorer for different forwards where you have more variety in the team.