Club 1872 statement on rhecord

Just now, Virtuoso said:

To be fair, when you post a link to the DR - it shows as:

http://www.<No links to this website>

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-announce-pre-season-friendly-10801008

Not quite sure if they can ban the linking completely :unsure:

I'm just saying what I have been told I reported the links many times and have been asked not to report them anymore as RM are happy for them to be posted.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DennyBlueNose said:

Derail them or refuse to comment, shame people into not posting them. 

It just really gives them more Hits have you never noticed the poster who Promotes them always spends hours causing wee petty arguments in the thread to help promote them.

It up to RM to come out and state they are Happy with Promoting the record which I thought they would have done by now, They could have I guess and maybe I've missed it.

I myself have posted lots of links from the DR but will only copy& paste them now if at all, it up to individual members I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'm just saying what I have been told I reported the links many times and have been asked not to report them anymore as RM are happy for them to be posted.

That was before a key shareholder asked for specific action from fans forums.

Hopefully once mods have had time to consider actions / options this will be largely supported. Perhaps even via poll to determine the views of the RM membership.

And per the request, the BD becomes Rhebel free.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That was before a key shareholder asked for specific action from fans forums.

Hopefully once mods have had time to consider actions / options this will be largely supported. Perhaps even via poll to determine the views of the RM membership.

And per the request, the BD becomes Rhebel free.

Probably some member's of Admin or Mods are happy with the links and some either aren't or indifferent to it, we will never know after all there are a good few Admin and Moderators they won't all think the same.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Probably some member's of Admin or Mods are happy with the links and some either aren't or indifferent to it, we will never know after all there are a good few Admin and Moderators they won't all think the same.

Yeah maybe.

But there are a few on at varying times. I'm more hopeful there will be discussions and change given it's a pretty obvious request of Rangers SM forums of which this is one of the largest.

Not to poll members and not support 1872 motion would be a poor decision to make on our behalf.

Give it time.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

It just really gives them more Hits have you never noticed the poster who Promotes them always spends hours causing wee petty arguments in the thread to help promote them.

It up to RM to come out and state they are Happy with Promoting the record which I thought they would have done by now, They could have I guess and maybe I've missed it.

I myself have posted lots of links from the DR but will only copy& paste them now if at all, it up to individual members I suppose.

Aye I suppose bickering only helps keep them top of the topics. 

I haven't shared their stories but usually cos I'm not quick enough to get them up before anyone else.

C&P is the next best thing but really hope we see admin take a stand on this but I won't hold my breathe.

7 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Good article, but isn't this boycott pointless? (Not sure if pointless isn't the right word)

It isn't Rangers fans that read the DR for the anti-Rangers stories - and keeps the numbers up - it's everyone else?

I agree. Most Rangers fans haven't bought a DR newspaper for years, so a boycott may not be the way forward. Maybe a club1872 letter to the owner of the newspaper would resolve the matter. It's great to see Club1872 starting to address this witch hunt on Rangers.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree. Most Rangers fans haven't bought a DR newspaper for years, so a boycott may not be the way forward. Maybe a club1872 letter to the owner of the newspaper would resolve the matter. It's great to see Club1872 starting to address this witch hunt on Rangers.

Not sure about that, on our coach, when stopping at Carlisle, plenty of people buy it. 

17 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Not sure about that, on our coach, when stopping at Carlisle, plenty of people buy it. 

Maybe RSC could put the word out not to buy the DR then.

I've only ever seen C&P DR stories on this forum, I see that as being vigilant to what is being said about the club. I do think the Club and Club 1872 should be writing to the owners of the DR to get this situation sorted.

DR is part of the trinity Mirror PLC 

Club 1872 can find the details here

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00082548/officers

2 hours ago, DennyBlueNose said:

Aye I suppose bickering only helps keep them top of the topics. 

I haven't shared their stories but usually cos I'm not quick enough to get them up before anyone else.

C&P is the next best thing but really hope we see admin take a stand on this but I won't hold my breathe.

Aye cause we're all cunts.

9 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Thing is, that statement is online, twitter Facebook, the club site. Must of the people who buy papers are those who have little or no presence online. They'll never see this and so, keep buying the paper.

Easy to solve. C1872 prints out 50,000 flyers for the first home game of the season and hands them out at the game. Then repeat as necessary. The other papers will soon pick it up and print as they won't miss an opportunity to slag off a competitor.

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Here's a link to the article rather than Twitter ....

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-on-daily-record-coverage/

Not a bad statement in fairness from my reading and it is good to see them grow a set of balls and start acting like a supporters representative.

Would be nice if the club backed it up too, they might have and I have not seen it yet, but enough really is enough.

58 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

No, for the reasons pointed out by the poster I qouted. It would take unified approach and it's unlikely to happen.  

But aye some of you are cunts too. 

Doesnt need to be unified. Just needs to be consensual.  There's more at work than " we hate the DR" .

Though personally I would warn and ban people posting links, and set up a specific "mainstream media" sub forum like the boardroom section.

However that's just my personal opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Easy to solve. C1872 prints out 50,000 flyers for the first home game of the season and hands them out at the game. Then repeat as necessary. The other papers will soon pick it up and print as they won't miss an opportunity to slag off a competitor.

I don't think a boycott would work it isn't really going to effect their share price like the boycotts that happened with SD. I'm not sure but doesn't Rupert Murdoch own the trinity group It's a labour paper so maybe some MP's could step up to help the club put a stop to this witch hunt.

http://www.trinitymirror.com/investors

9 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

it's not the fact folks give it "clicks" it's the fallout on here from the shite they post. So even one person doing this still has the Rekords desired effect...

One person giving a story a click and a c&P here would not be a hardship surely. We haven't as a club called for a boycott but reduction in coverage of link pasting, personally I would like to keep an eye on the cunts and what they say and I can't do that as I won't view their website or buy their paper, so my only option without a C&P would be ignorance of what is being said.

Treat the paper like the fucking Sun in Liverpool and a complete ban on buying it and a copy and paste by one person, or allocated people, to minimise their income and fuck them over that way. don't ask me to though stopped reading that shit in London during the early 2000's as it became a comic then.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I wonder which blogger you could be referring too......

1 hour ago, Malvern said:

1 Across: three letters, begins with E and ends in B

Cryptic clue: it is not paying tax.

the green and grey love it, easily sorted.

Is it a T?

An ETB?

What the fuck are they trying to do us for now?