Club 1872 statement on rhecord

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Good article, but isn't this boycott pointless? (Not sure if pointless isn't the right word)

It isn't Rangers fans that read the DR for the anti-Rangers stories - and keeps the numbers up - it's everyone else?

Newspapers are dying so if no bears buy this rag it will just die a bit quicker 

Good statement but name and shame the all the staff involved in their prejudice witch hunt towards our club.

Does the poster on here TheDude still blog for them and continue to be on their payroll?

If so the cunt wants to take a long hard look at himself and hang himself in shame.

Fuck the haters, WATP?⚪?

Just now, Thermopylae said:

Newspapers are dying so if no bears buy this rag it will just die a bit quicker 

Fair enough. I had a point to my post, but can't actually think what I'm trying to say. 

5 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Fair enough. I had a point to my post, but can't actually think what I'm trying to say. 

Basically newspapers need all the sales they can get right now and they obviously think that bears are just a bunch of saps who will continue to bankroll their rag however much they plot against us 

22 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

For those posters who don't like long posts don't bother reading any further.  Just skip over this to the next post.   

They stop talking to the DR because they've reached the end of their tether on trying constructive dialogue and its not produced the results 1872 wanted to see.   So the DR is emboldened to notch up the tension in its articles about Rangers because nobody is going to call them or demand meetings any more, other than if they breach whatever rules are set for newspaper publishing.    1872 might well have played into the hands of DR execs by deciding to stop speaking to them.   The newspaper execs will now know that any tension they had about having to take meetings to face the wrath of 1872 reps face to face means the DR can spice up their articles about Rangers free from any risk that someone from 1872 will come calling to complain and to demand redress.   

The only weapon left in the 1872 armoury is to encourage fans not to buy the DR.   Wonder how many fans will get that message from 1872 though.   And in reality how many will actually stop buying the newspaper or reading it on-line as a result.   I doubt if the buying power of Rangers fans is enough to sway the opinion of the DR if they all immediately stopped buying the newspaper.    

When dialogue fails because one side is believed by other side to be acting unreasonably or unfairly and walks out (as 1872 has done) it leaves the field clear for the other side to take an even bolder approach to writing articles about Rangers that are unreasonable or unfair.  As1872 points out the DR has no duty to be even handed in its reporting.   So expect the tone of articles coming out of the DR to toughen with attempts then made by the DR to use its media influence to wider political effect against Rangers.   Maybe 1872 should have stuck to a campaign of demanding meetings with DR execs whenever offending articles are written or if an 1872 statement is not published by the DR.   1872 could have placed an ad in other newspapers pointing out that the DR had refused to publish the 1872 statement and in so doing take the opportunity to point out that the DR is not reporting fairly or reasonably.   

I don't buy the DR anyway so they have no revenue to lose from me.   

Basically agree with what you are saying. However another part of the 1872 statement said they are currently examining some latest articles from the rhebel with a view to taking action if necessary. This obviously means somebody would require to read future editions and continue to take action if required. This would presumably help stop their continuing derogatory and vicious assaults on anything Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Basically agree with what you are saying. However another part of the 1872 statement said they are currently examining some latest articles from the rhebel with a view to taking action if necessary. This obviously means somebody would require to read future editions and continue to take action if required. This would presumably help stop their continuing derogatory and vicious assaults on anything Rangers.

I think we can all see where the dignified silence has got us 

Why aren't these statements shown on the big screens at Ibrox just before kick-off and at half-time so they at seen by all Rangers fans at our home games.  Can understand that, on occasions, the club may officially want to keep a little distance between themselves and what Club 1872 are saying but I'm sure there are ways round this.

It would also help if the club refused to have advertising hoardings from this mob.

1 hour ago, EatDolphins said:

Thing is, that statement is online, twitter Facebook, the club site. Must of the people who buy papers are those who have little or no presence online. They'll never see this and so, keep buying the paper.

This is true. Dunno how much a match day programme page for this statement would cost 1872, but they should use any available means of getting this statement to as many Gers as possible. 

24 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Good statement but name and shame the all the staff involved in their prejudice witch hunt towards our club.

Does the poster on here TheDude still blog for them and continue to be on their payroll?

If so the cunt wants to take a long hard look at himself and hang himself in shame.

Fuck the haters, WATP?⚪?

I'm sure hell be covering the previous Club 1872 statement on his next blog 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Forby @The Dude I presume there is some daily rebel journo reading this thread......care to comment?

There might be, can't say I've asked any of them if they have RM logins. 

I've made my feeling clear on boycotts of papers before. I don't think they work (at least not to the extent people think they do). One of the cited examples of how they are dying is falling print sales, which is shown right across the entire industry, but ignores that the bulk of their readership is online now. Although, I've heard for years now that Rangers fans don't read the Record so I struggle to see what a boycott of something Rangers fans already don't read does. 

As Ive said Christ knows how many times, if people want pro-Rangers coverage then support the numerous fantastic blogs, podcasts and websites putting out Rangers content. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Perhaps admin could set up Daily Record Guff as a sticky and there should be no posting articles, content views anywhere other than there. Keep the BD Rhebel free.

IF admin would be willing to do it, I think your suggestion is probably the best one I have read. :thumbup:

Personally I have not bought any paper in years and do not click on their web sites, but many must be buying and clicking or they would be on their knees by now.   

Dudes got this one correct :tu:

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I should have probably added that a boycott of away grounds next season would be much more impactful than boycotting a paper. Particularly if we're talking about "not funding our haters"

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There might be, can't say I've asked any of them if they have RM logins. 

I've made my feeling clear on boycotts of papers before. I don't think they work (at least not to the extent people think they do). One of the cited examples of how they are dying is falling print sales, which is shown right across the entire industry, but ignores that the bulk of their readership is online now. Although, I've heard for years now that Rangers fans don't read the Record so I struggle to see what a boycott of something Rangers fans already don't read does. 

As Ive said Christ knows how many times, if people want pro-Rangers coverage then support the numerous fantastic blogs, podcasts and websites putting out Rangers content. 

I think it would amaze you how complacent some of our number are ... this is one of the reasons why we have been such a big sitting duck over the years

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I should have probably added that a boycott of away grounds next season would be much more impactful than boycotting a paper. Particularly if we're talking about "not funding our haters"

Well said Dude.

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I think it would amaze you how complacent some of our number are ... this is one of the reasons why we have been such a big sitting duck over the years

I don't neccesarily think it's complacency. A look at the responses to my stuff for them would have you believe it was an "anti-celtic/pro-rangers" paper

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Well said Dude.

The cynic in me thinks this statement is more about C1872 being upset that their statement wasn't covered than anything to do with the way the club is portrayed. If they were so keen to take it to those who are desperate to drag our name through the mud I'm sure they'll be calling for an away boycott any minute.

And before anyone asks, I suggested it last week: https://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/7/6/15927540/is-it-time-for-rangers-fans-to-boycott-scottish-football-spfl-ebts