Who do you want to Replace Pedro?

Guest Lloyd72

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

IMO yes we can. 

Folk are convinced we aren't going to win the league this year, so giving Pedro a number of games won't be so much of an issue. If the team is floundering 6-8 games in then we start looking.

I still think we could do better than Derek, but not sure who would come to us at the moment.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Folk are convinced we aren't going to win the league this year, so giving Pedro a number of games won't be so much of an issue. If the team is floundering 6-8 games in then we start looking.

I still think we could do better than Derek, but not sure who would come to us at the moment.

We probably could do better than Derek. It never stops amazing me how as a support we seem to downplay our draw. We are still a draw and a massive club and an attraction but that's all linked to being successful and winning - if we don't get back on track soon we may never recover. That's not hyperbole either it's a legitimate fear of mine. We have inadequetes (spell check) in our board room making the crucial decisions so even if they admit Pedro was a stupid appointment and a risk gone wrong I don't have 1% faith in Robertson and co to make the right appointment next time.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, piperpete said:

Shouldnt we be supporting our manager and leave the undermining shite to the taigs

Not undermining him imo, he is on his way out so I wanted to discuss his replacement

14 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Not undermining him imo, he is on his way out so I wanted to discuss his replacement

I haven't been a supporter of Pedro but if he is on the way out it is because the fans are putting pressure on the board. I personally think he will fail, but we need to give him the chance to make a go of it. As I mentioned above, most people think we won't win the league this year even with a sparkly new manager. It doesn't seem to matter then if we actually let him try to get it right.

As much as I think he will prove to be a mistake we cannot sack a manager after two matches given we backed his signings. We also can't shout for his head every single time we drop points.

We have to treat him like a new manager, last season is gone, and try to easy the pressure on him and the players a little to try and get the max out of them.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I haven't been a supporter of Pedro but if he is on the way out it is because the fans are putting pressure on the board. I personally think he will fail, but we need to give him the chance to make a go of it. As I mentioned above, most people think we won't win the league this year even with a sparkly new manager. It doesn't seem to matter then if we actually let him try to get it right.

As much as I think he will prove to be a mistake we cannot sack a manager after two matches given we backed his signings. We also can't shout for his head every single times we drop points.

Fair enough I just think we need to cut our losses with him, I don't expect to win the league this year but I expect a comfortable second and a decent fight for the title at least within 10 points. With pedro I don't think we'll get that, in fact I don't think he'd even get us second,

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

As much as I think he will prove to be a mistake we cannot sack a manager after two matches given we backed his signings. We also can't shout for his head every single times we drop points.

We have to treat him like a new manager, last season is gone, and try to easy the pressure on him and the players a little to try and get the max out of them.

There's nothing in that post of yours that anyone sane minded can argue with. It makes a lot of sense but like Lloyd above me - I don't see the point in sticking with something you just know won't work when the warning signs are alarming and right infront of our faces.

I hear magic dates and numbers thrown out like October, Christmas and first 6-games of the season ... I don't see why they periods are relevent - it's just delaying the ineviatable IMO. 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We probably could do better than Derek. It never stops amazing me how as a support we seem to downplay our draw. We are still a draw and a massive club and an attraction but that's all linked to being successful and winning - if we don't get back on track soon we may never recover. That's not hyperbole either it's a legitimate fear of mine. We have inadequetes (spell check) in our board room making the crucial decisions so even if they admit Pedro was a stupid appointment and a risk gone wrong I don't have 1% faith in Robertson and co to make the right appointment next time.

Awrite saan

49 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I sense Miller would get the respect of the other players. In fact he probably already has it with how he performs on the pitch. How he would get the team playing is another thing altogether so it's a risk. If we were looking for another manager, you could easily give it to someone like Miller for a few games to see how he does. He's probably not the answer but I don't think it's as idiotic an idea as your making out. Miller has more of a football brain than many other players. I wouldn't have a problem with him as caretaker and see what happens.

I guess I prefer my manager to be, you know, managers. Like people who have managed football clubs.

Depends, if we're looking for the vision thing, a manager with a philosophy that will permeate through the club for years to come or just a manager who can come in and do a job for a few seasons, if its the former I'd go Dutch, someone young with ambitions with good experience as a player and a track record in his sibling managerial career training and assisting, if its the later we should have got Harry Redknapp before Birmingham.

Just now, Creampuff said:

I guess I prefer my manager to be, you know, managers. Like people who have managed football clubs.

Having experience is never a guarantee of success unfortunately and every appointment has it's risks. Miller has no managerial experience but everyone has to start somewhere. McCulloch had a few games as caretaker and he earned himself a permanent position. Miller knows the club, knows the game and would get respect from the players. On that I would have no problem with him getting the job temporarily to see how he does.

Saying that, McInnes was my choice last time and would be this time as well if we're looking to change manager.

39 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

As much as I think he will prove to be a mistake we cannot sack a manager after two matches given we backed his signings. We also can't shout for his head every single time we drop points.

We've not got a history of sacking managers, and it's always been when there's no way back from them. I don't think that's the case with Pedro, given that none of his key signings - bar Cardoso - have been match fit and available for our two competitive games.

The board accepted he inherited a dross and needed major investment. If they sack him now and bring in McInnes, do they grant him funds? What if McInnes has a shit six months? Sack him and bring in Wright? If we do bin Pedro we need someone who has experience at turning other managers' teams around, and who has a strong enough reputation that someone like Alves won't want out sharply. The only two that I can think of are McLeish and Allardyce - I don't believe Sam would turn us down, despite his stated preference for international management at this stage - but I'd rather give Pedro games against Celtic, Aberdeen, the Edinburgh sides before writing him off. 

Just now, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Having experience is never a guarantee of success unfortunately and every appointment has it's risks. Miller has no managerial experience but everyone has to start somewhere. McCulloch had a few games as caretaker and he earned himself a permanent position. Miller knows the club, knows the game and would get respect from the players. On that I would have no problem with him getting the job temporarily to see how he does.

Saying that, McInnes was my choice last time and would be this time as well if we're looking to change manager.

Having experience not being a guarantee of success doesn't mean that going for someone with no experience is a good idea. 

That's like saying staying sober is no guarantee of not getting in a car accident, so you're as well driving drunk :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Having experience not being a guarantee of success doesn't mean that going for someone with no experience is a good idea. 

That's like saying staying sober is no guarantee of not getting in a car accident, so you're as well driving drunk :lol: 

I'm not talking about giving Miller the job permanently so there would be very little risk involved. I'm making the point that if your looking for a caretaker for a few games he isn't as bad an idea as your making out.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Sooner the new season starts the better. This is unbelievable.

No surrender my arse.

Surrendering would be leaving him in charge this season.

20 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I was about to post that it is was almost impossible to tell who is a Timposter and who is a Bear on here these days. I think you just removed the 'almost'.

How's that ?