Who do you want to Replace Pedro?

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

lots are taigs M8, check the ones who joined 2010-12 and who rarely post and when they do it is normally to stir the pot

Lots of guys on here from 2012 ish have zombie/undead avatars or names, yet they are allowed to post. It's almost like we are just taking the money they generate and tolerating them.

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

:lol: fucking hell, if you still think that pedro can win this league then i'll have some of what your on.

We have - once again - handed the bheasts another league title by failing to do our homework and appoint a manager capable of challenging the tranny shagger across the way and the appropriate budget to do so with decent players.

never mind them only reaching 9 IAR, we are giving them leeway to run riot for at least another 5 years

Where does it in my statement Pedro can win the league?

Think you have maybe quoted the wrong person.

Agree with your sentiments,  but they have been playing champions league football for a few years making big profits on players how do we compete? 

They have assets built and in the squad worth more that our entire team. 

We can just magically become the rangers of old with no revenue streams.

What do u suggest a 20 mill investment? 30 million? More.

16 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Where does it in my statement Pedro can win the league?

Think you have maybe quoted the wrong person.

Agree with your sentiments,  but they have been playing champions league football for a few years making big profits on players how do we compete? 

They have assets built and in the squad worth more that our entire team. 

We can just magically become the rangers of old with no revenue streams.

What do u suggest a 20 mill investment? 30 million? More.

We need to speculate to accumulate, pay out £20 million now and reap in at least £30 mill champs league money in the next 3 years.

Instead we spend fuck all, hand the tramps the ticket to the CL money and watch them get stronger 

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

People saying Kenny Miller for manager are basing this on what?  

Would love to know this myself.

It's not a dig at Kenny but he so happens to be a half-decent striker for us. No more, no less.

He might make a good manager one day - but not at this moment in time with us. He can go away and pay his dues in management elsewhere and if he's manager material then consider him one day. If it's meant to happen it will.

No more gambles though. A lot of people including myself didn't want Pedro as it was too risky a move from the board at a time when we really couldn't gamble. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

It's not a dig at Kenny but he so happens to be a half-decent striker for us. No more, no less.

He might make a good manager one day - but not at this moment in time with us. He can go away and pay his dues in management elsewhere and if he's manager material then consider him one day. If it's meant to happen it will.

No more gambles though. A lot of people including myself didn't want Pedro as it was too risky a move from the board at a time when we really couldn't gamble. 

Exactly, and it isn't a go a Kenny, and as you say he may go on and be a good manager; but we need tried and trusted right now. I'm not a fan of Alex McLeish, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone somewhere has him under some sort of consideration in the not too distant future.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Am a massive McInnes fan he would get us back to our natural levels of expectations. Been saying it since Ally left and still believe it

I believe we never went for a ordinary name because the board where worried about ST sales Imo hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

If they had got McInnes in and backed him the way they have with PC then ST sales would be healthy. I think the board brought him in because they thought he could take the team to the next level and for all of our sakes I hope they were right. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I can't think of a half decent manager we might get who you wouldn't put down as a gamble tbf but anyone we bring in would be better than Pedro.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I can't think of a half decent manager we might get who you wouldn't put down as a gamble tbf but anyone we bring in would be better than Pedro.

I see what you're saying but some folk would be a lot less of a gamble. Guys like McInnes, Wright, Michael O'Neill, Harry Redknapp, Sam Allaradyce (don't know if he's realistic), McLeish etc wouldn't be big gambles. They have similar traits and the sort of attributes we need IMO.

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

See all you folk saying Kenny Miller, do your brains actually function properly?

I sense Miller would get the respect of the other players. In fact he probably already has it with how he performs on the pitch. How he would get the team playing is another thing altogether so it's a risk. If we were looking for another manager, you could easily give it to someone like Miller for a few games to see how he does. He's probably not the answer but I don't think it's as idiotic an idea as your making out. Miller has more of a football brain than many other players. I wouldn't have a problem with him as caretaker and see what happens.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

I see what you're saying but some folk would be a lot less of a gamble. Guys like McInnes, Wright, Michael O'Neill, Harry Redknapp, Sam Allaradyce (don't know if he's realistic), McLeish etc wouldn't be big gambles. They have similar traits and the sort of attributes we need IMO.

Would take any of those names mentioned but don't think Mcinnes is a realistic option anymore, We definitely need someone with experience of going into a club and booting a team of nobodies into shape, I think Big Sam would be perfect.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Would take any of those names mentioned but don't think Mcinnes is a realistic option anymore, We definitely need someone with experience of going into a club and booting a team of nobodies into shape, I think Big Sam would be perfect.

McInnes is more than a realistic option mate. He'd walk over glass to get the job. The new contract means little - that just enables Aberdeen to get maximum compensation when the time's right for him to move on and a few more quid in his pocket for his good work. 

We paid about 400k in compensation for this Pedro clown. Double that for the right man next time shouldn't be a problem.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

McInnes is more than a realistic option mate. He'd walk over glass to get the job. The new contract means little - that just enables Aberdeen to get maximum compensation when the time's right for him to move on and a few more quid in his pocket for his good work. 

This is spot on. The new contract is also probably a result of him turning down the Sunderland job as well. I reckon he's had a decent wage increase as well.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

No doubt he'd jump at the chance to manage us but Can we afford to pay Pedro off the last 3 years of his contract and pay the Compo aberdeen will want for him? Unless pedro walks away from the job I can't see mcinnes coming in, sadly.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

No doubt he'd jump at the chance to manage us but Can we afford to pay Pedro off the last 3 years of his contract and pay the Compo aberdeen will want for him? Unless pedro walks away from the job I can't see mcinnes coming in, sadly.

IMO yes we can. 

We need someone who can make this lot believe they're excellent. We need a man manager. Not a warburton type who wants to come in and change a whole philosophy. 

it's got to be a manager who's first real intention is making us solid. Then giving then a belief that they're good. Get the team as a whole going in the one direction and get the morale amongst the squad up.

No diamonds or any shite like that, just a simple formation and everyone knowing their job and where they should be at any given time.

We just need someone that knows what they're doing