Pedro Post Watford interview

Guest Lloyd72

4 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

People were calling him a dud and demanding Pedro's head a week or so ago. Anyone who stood up for him was an idiot. A friendly draw and won bounce game and he's the new messiah.  So fickle.

Least people might give him and the new players the chance they deserve now.

You make a fair point. Yesterday's result was a positive. We have now won a game against a Premier League opposition. But from my perspective, more importantly we have now won a game with Pedro C's own team. 

Its the Winning mentality we need to get back- particularly amongst the players. I note Barry McKay spoke of the almost (in his view) unrealistic pressure from fans that was placed on the Team to win every game. This is why he is better at Nottingham rather than Rangers. A true Ranger feeds of that pressure rather than decries it. 

I can get what Pedro is trying to do. I still cannot understand his appointment, but he is our Manager and as such requires to be supported. Indeed he is not responsible for his appointment as Manager. I am looking forward to the Motherwell game with a lot more hope after last night. However for me one or two results is not going to allay my overall feelings that he is not up to the job. As I have stated in previous posts I will be as happy as any other fan man if and hopefully when he proves my misgivings wrong. In the meantime- my last comment is this- Well done Pedro C, you are under a huge amount of pressure and scrutiny- I wish you well and huge success with Rangers FC.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

People were calling him a dud and demanding Pedro's head a week or so ago. Anyone who stood up for him was an idiot. A friendly draw and won bounce game and he's the new messiah.  So fickle.

Least people might give him and the new players the chance they deserve now.

Bit over dramatic mate.

People (rightly or wrongly) felt he wasn't the right appointment and then he had quite possibly our worst ever result, followed up by other bad results in preseason. 

I don't think anyone thinks he's the messiah, after two friendly results. But why not let people feel more positive about the team, without trying to pull them back down to earth? 

Out the EL early, more time on the training ground to gel a team together and find the right formula...

Would still rather we didn't suffer that humiliating loss but who knows, it might have had at least one positive effect on us

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Why are folks wetting themselves over him?  If he is any good would he not be playing in Inngerlund?  I have never actually seen him play just wondering what all the fuss is about??

Would be a good signing mate would add some pace to the team also.

Only preseason but it's good to see a bit of rythm coming together.  I thought we were solid against Marseille and on another day we'd win, followed up by a win and a good performance.    A good performance on Sunday and good weeks training,we'll be ready for Motherwell away

2 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

You make a fair point. Yesterday's result was a positive. We have now won a game against a Premier League opposition. But from my perspective, more importantly we have now won a game with Pedro C's own team. 

Its the Winning mentality we need to get back- particularly amongst the players. I note Barry McKay spoke of the almost (in his view) unrealistic pressure from fans that was placed on the Team to win every game. This is why he is better at Nottingham rather than Rangers. A true Ranger feeds of that pressure rather than decries it. 

I can get what Pedro is trying to do. I still cannot understand his appointment, but he is our Manager and as such requires to be supported. Indeed he is not responsible for his appointment as Manager. I am looking forward to the Motherwell game with a lot more hope after last night. However for me one or two results is not going to allay my overall feelings that he is not up to the job. As I have stated in previous posts I will be as happy as any other fan man if and hopefully when he proves my misgivings wrong. In the meantime- my last comment is this- Well done Pedro C, you are under a huge amount of pressure and scrutiny- I wish you well and huge success with Rangers FC.

Good post mate. Sums up my feelings too. I actually like the wee guy but just think we've been utter gash in way we we're not under Warburton. I think cash has saved his ass and finally changing the 433 and what ever else he was doing last season. He seemed over the moon with the players yesterday so hopefully that means they are able to get whatever Pedro's method is unlike last seasons lot. He talks a good game when going on about adjusting the team when necessary so hopefully his tactical ability shines through this season as the likes of Rodger, McInnes, and even the rest are no mugs when it comes getting the best out of their teams. If we stop dropping points to the diddy teams things will be much better. We should be better that way with being more direct but I just worry about how one dimensional we've looked and whether we can find the sort of passes to beat teams when they park the bus against us. Things are always tight between us and that lot and it only takes a few draws to fuck the league up. That's the level we must get back too where we always get the wins against stuffy defences. At least we have new strikers because we were garbage up front last season. Just hope we can add another couple of creators as Niko is the only guy we have that we know has a bit of magic in him. We are still light on good players so hopefully we do get more in because I'll be raging if injuries ruin another season. Got to laugh at being seen as fickle though as we've been atrocious under Pedro for months. The guys lucky there were lots of excuses available or else he'd be out of a job with some of the results we've suffered. Hopefully things work out now that he has a dressing room full of his own guys as it will set-us right back if he cant get his act together. We've suffered for years now and deserve a good season.     

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit over dramatic mate.

People (rightly or wrongly) felt he wasn't the right appointment and then he had quite possibly our worst ever result, followed up by other bad results in preseason. 

I don't think anyone thinks he's the messiah, after two friendly results. But why not let people feel more positive about the team, without trying to pull them back down to earth? 

I'm not pulling anyone down to earth. Just think we should give Pedro a bit of breathing space with his own team.

Calling for the `dud/cunt', to be sacked a week or so ago before some of his players had kicked a ball was over dramatic a d was never going to happen.

Time will tell if Pedro has what it takes. Personally, I think he bas signed some really good players and will prove a lot of people wrong.

23 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not heard anything recently. Last I heard Hearts weren't budging from their asking price and Rangers wont meet it. Player is happy to wait and sign a pre contract.

Sometimes wonder if we should just do the deal . Obviously a bit late now for Europe , but if we hadn't fucked about with the Walker and Dorrans deals we may well have been in the 3rd round of the Europa Cup just now and the gate money received  wouldn't be far off recompensing for our extra outlay . 

Lets hope it's sorted for the start of the season . 

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Sometimes wonder if we should just do the deal . Obviously a bit late now for Europe , but if we hadn't fucked about with the Walker and Dorrans deals we may well have been in the 3rd round of the Europa Cup just now and the gate money received  wouldn't be far off recompensing for our extra outlay . 

Lets hope it's sorted for the start of the season . 

Yeah.

I really get the benefit of waiting and getting him on a pre contract.

But whilst things have settled recently, things will turn again very quickly for Pedro is results struggle. He may not have the luxury of waiting til jan or the summer to strengthen.

Compared to the right side, I'd say the left now looks particularly toothless in attack. 

Walker would address this.

Get him in. Give the team and manager the best chance.

The gaffer added: “Totally. The 4-4-2 flat formation is the one the boys feel most confident in and is the one which best-suits the characteristics of the players we have in our squad.

People still think Warburton is the better manager.

Pedro started with a similar formation to Warburton and has gradually changed it and tried other variations (like 4-4-2 diamond against st Johnstone the second time). It shows that he isn't completely ignorant and stubborn and assesses who he has. Lost the pairing of Dorrans and Jack gives us good balance of attacking and defensive duties in the middle as well as providing an engine room that is homegrown and both support Rangers.

If we can get Herrera and Morelos on the goal trail I think we'll have a pretty good season.

Still hopeful of a couple of more signings but still a month of the window left.

25 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah.

But whilst things have settled recently, things will turn again very quickly for Pedro is results struggle. He may not have the luxury of waiting til jan or the summer to strengthen.

Compared to the right side, I'd say the left now looks particularly toothless in attack. 

I think we could be doing with another couple of signings up front , Walker being one of them . We seem to be a bit light up there for options . 

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned . Ideally we want to give them time to bed in and know the style and teammates before the league kicks off . 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah.

Totally agree, Walker needs to come now to ensure there are options for the gaffer when things need shaken up, as you say the left side needs addressing

:tu: