Krancjar's role...

graeme_4

One thing that's been needed at Rangers for years was addressing the spine of the team. We've been so powderpuff and physically mismatched since MW came in. Pedro's dealt with that, and it looks like we've much better organisation and a bit of steel and strength through the core of our team. 

With Fod, Cardoso, Alves, Jack, Dorrans and Herrera (and even Miller) were pretty physical and aggressive, and not going to be pushed about. If we lack anything it's the killer instinct or final ball at the moment. 

Which brings us to our most technically gifted player, Niko Krancjar. If we had him 4 or 5 years ago he'd be a guaranteed starter home and away. Unfortunately the legs aren't quite what they were, and it throws up questions about his role.

For me he's an almost certain starter in most home games, as we normally pin teams in deep and need a bit of quality to open them up. Away games I'm not so sure - is he up to the physical and defensive side? Particularly with Wallace bombing forward so regularly? I don't know. Although I think it suits him to not be a dedicated CM, and to drift into pockets of space. 

But if he can't start away games or big games where we're on the back foot at times, are we better leaving him out for home games too and bulding a more consistent starting 11? 

Is he just an impact sub now? 

Big decisions for Pedro...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would play him against teams that we are going to pin back, which should be most teams in our premiership. He is by far our most creative and technically gifted player we have, Windass had a good game the other day but Kranjcar is by far and away a better player than windass, although Windass has the legs that kranjcar doesn't have!

1 minute ago, Smile said:

He has the ability still too hurt teams who let him play, the Scottish league is not that.

Maybe the case when he was partnered by Windass, Holt or Halliday in CM - but as a wider midfielder with Jack and Dorrans doing the heavy lifting he might. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Maybe the case when he was partnered by Windass, Holt or Halliday in CM - but as a wider midfielder with Jack and Dorrans doing the heavy lifting he might. 

I can't see it but if he turns out to be our best player this season I will be happy as it benefits the team.

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Our best footballer in my opinion ,

Create him space and he will unlock defences for us. 

You don't need to be super fit to hit 50 yards passes. 

Him and Windass are key to our season. 

What utter garbage he is finished should be payed off  asap to free up a wage the game nowadays is about power and pace. Sadly his legs are long gone  as for Windass one decent not spectacular performance in a friendly and you make him a key to our season! Get a grip mate have you not watched him over past year he is a very poor player who we can't depend on. 

If we play 4-2-3-1 then Niko would be the obvious choice for CAM.  However, it looks like we'll be going 4-4-2 in which case Niko should be played out on the left.  Niko's played on the left side of midfield many times during his career and he can do a job out there.  Walker isn't here yet, and Miller shouldn't play anywhere but up front, so Kranjcar is the obvious choice on the left.

Dorrans and Jack need to be mainstays in the middle of the park.  These two will provided the hard work and dig we were so badly lacking in last season.  No matter what formation we play I would always have those two in the middle. 

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

What utter garbage he is finished should be payed off  asap to free up a wage the game nowadays is about power and pace. Sadly his legs are long gone  as for Windass one decent not spectacular performance in a friendly and you make him a key to our season! Get a grip mate have you not watched him over past year he is a very poor player who we can't depend on. 

It's my opinion , your is different , stick by what I said.

16 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Our best footballer in my opinion ,

Create him space and he will unlock defences for us. 

You don't need to be super fit to hit 50 yards passes. 

Him and Windass are key to our season

They really aint

I think u could rotate him and Miller in the role just behind the striker just now until Pena is fit then I see him slotting in there since Pedro has paid big bucks for him. I think a 4-4-1-1 is our best formation just now. Its good we have a big squad now so can rotate it for cups games etc when others are needing a rest