Morelos

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I thought the wee man was class yesterday. Everytime the ball came into him he held it up and found a man to lay it off to. Some time since we had a striker at Ibrox who the ball can stick to.

Gave Berra a torrid time even though he's about half his size. Has the trickery to make space and get away from players, seems we've got a real player on our hands. 

Was unlucky with the offside effort, Windass stopped as he was off, Wallace was on a mile. If we give this boy the service he will be the 20 plus striker we've been crying out for.

I believe we will make £millions on him and Candieas in the not too distant future.

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I thought the wee man was class yesterday. Everytime the ball came into him he held it up and found a man to lay it off to. Some time since we had a striker at Ibrox who the ball can stick to.

Gave Berra a torrid time even though he's about half his size. Has the trickery to make space and get away from players, seems we've got a real player on our hands. 

Was unlucky with the offside effort, Windass stopped as he was off, Wallace was on a mile. If we give this boy the service he will be the 20 plus striker we've been crying out for.

Spot on and Berra's a dirty bassa.

Thought Morelos had a good game yesterday but, being picky, I would like to see him stay central rather than drifting out wide which he did on a number of occasions.  There were at least a couple of occasions when the ball went across their 6yard box with no takers.  Would like to see Morelos on the end of these.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kinda meh about Candeias tbh.

He's a trier but  doesn't really look a threat..

He'd probably benefit from having a target man in our team.

Only difference between him & McKay is he has a bit of dig tracking back.

Needlessly booked last week, leading to him having to be subbed, could have been booked this week.

I appreciate the work rate,but he needs to rein the nasty side in a bit.

2 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Thought Morelos had a good game yesterday but, being picky, I would like to see him stay central rather than drifting out wide which he did on a number of occasions.  There were at least a couple of occasions when the ball went across their 6yard box with no takers.  Would like to see Morelos on the end of these.

My thoughts exactly - too often left us with no one in the centre.

However, I think there's something to work on there.

We could do with a finished article, though, not a work in progress.

Just now, HG5 said:

My thoughts exactly - too often left us with no one in the centre.

However, I think there's something to work on there.

We could do with a finished article, though, not a work in progress.

We still seem to have the problem, started by Warburton, of our strikers moving about linking up play and when the final ball is delivered across the box there is no one there to finish off.  That, and our final ball being generally pretty awful, has led to to our goal drought over the last year or so imo.

Morelos definitely looks promising and with the right guidance could be a player for us.  

Although not everybody's cup of tea, I was surprised that Pedro didn't play Herrera yesterday or at least have him on the bench.  Don't know if he was injured but the way Hearts set up might just have suited him, and think Morelos would have reaped dividends playing off him.

4 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

We still seem to have the problem, started by Warburton, of our strikers moving about linking up play and when the final ball is delivered across the box there is no one there to finish off.  That, and our final ball being generally pretty awful, has led to to our goal drought over the last year or so imo.

Morelos definitely looks promising and with the right guidance could be a player for us.  

Although not everybody's cup of tea, I was surprised that Pedro didn't play Herrera yesterday or at least have him on the bench.  Don't know if he was injured but the way Hearts set up might just have suited him, and think Morelos would have reaped dividends playing off him.

Yes - we may be in a minority re Herrera, but I thought he was better than a lot of us thought v Hivs & could have done a turn yesterday.

Like you, I've no idea why he was missing completely.

We definitely are a long way short of 'the sum of the parts' & this obsession with movement & link-up, as opposed to hitting the back of the net is getting beyond frustrating.

19 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I think part of the problem is the midfield 2 are too deep and Miller all over the shop.

If Dorrans gets further forward it should be fed into him to link it up. If Miller actually stayed up front we'd have more bodies in the box.

I think Herrera gets a tough time on here. He did well against Motherwell for me but like Morelos he's had fuck all service.

One of my favourites this year so far, so much potential there if he can get someone to give him the service.

He's very quickly learning the Scottish game so he will be able to put the name 'el buffalo' to good use.