Morelos

I thought the wee man was class yesterday. Everytime the ball came into him he held it up and found a man to lay it off to. Some time since we had a striker at Ibrox who the ball can stick to.

Gave Berra a torrid time even though he's about half his size. Has the trickery to make space and get away from players, seems we've got a real player on our hands. 

Was unlucky with the offside effort, Windass stopped as he was off, Wallace was on a mile. If we give this boy the service he will be the 20 plus striker we've been crying out for.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I thought the wee man was class yesterday. Everytime the ball came into him he held it up and found a man to lay it off to. Some time since we had a striker at Ibrox who the ball can stick to.

Gave Berra a torrid time even though he's about half his size. Has the trickery to make space and get away from players, seems we've got a real player on our hands. 

Was unlucky with the offside effort, Windass stopped as he was off, Wallace was on a mile. If we give this boy the service he will be the 20 plus striker we've been crying out for.

Pity he never scored yesterday. If he had, I'd agree with you.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Thought him and Jack were excellent.

Play him up top himself, try and get a class number 10 just off him, Dorrans as well, a left winger, and Candeias or Windass to his right.

Agreed, I thought Candias was good aswell yesterday.

All of PC signings have been good with question marks still over the two Mexicans. Just doesn't seem to be clicking and getting the points on the board.

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Play him up top himself, try and get a class number 10 just off him, Dorrans as well, a left winger, and Candeias or Windass to his right.

That sums it up for me too. 

If we were playing, say a 4-2-3-1, then i'm happy with the 4-2 so far. However it's that '3' just off the main striker that's letting us down. There's no magic there. It's slow, predictable and nowhere near dangerous enough. 

Naismith, Aluko and Walker please. 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

All of PC signings have been good with question marks still over the two Mexicans. Just doesn't seem to be clicking and getting the points on the board.

Kinda meh about Candeias tbh.

He's a trier but  doesn't really look a threat..

He'd probably benefit from having a target man in our team.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That sums it up for me too. 

If we were playing, say a 4-2-3-1, then i'm happy with the 4-2 so far. However it's that '3' just off the main striker that's letting us down. There's no magic there. It's slow, predictable and nowhere near dangerous enough. 

Naismith, Aluko and Walker please. 

I dont really like comparing them to us but the tarriers play 4-3-3.

the Lego eater sits and the rest attack/flood the box and all of them at pace.

They have 6/7 players who'd score 10 plus goals a season. I look round our team and see Morelos scoring but not really a lot else.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Shite ruling as well mate, I thought it was a goal to be honest, Windass wasn't interfering with the play.

28 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We play a 442 with him and Miller as the strikers so he does play up top by himself.

18 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I thought that was one of Candeias' worst games so far for us yesterday.

53 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Shite ruling as well mate, I thought it was a goal to be honest, Windass wasn't interfering with the play.

Has to touch the ball, be in the keepers line of vision, or interfere with play. That's my understanding of the rule.

Neither applied regards Windass.

Another break that went against us rather than for us, we just can't buy a bit of luck (never mind rule enforcement) at the minute.

And I love the look of Morelos, he just needs help and service.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Has to touch the ball, be in the keepers line of vision, or interfere with play. That's my understanding of the rule.

Neither applied regards Windass.

Another break that went against us rather than for us, we just can't buy a but of luck (never mind rule enforcement) at the minute.

Sad but true. That was my understanding of the ruling. 

6 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Our problem is not the strikers, it's that we create next to nothing for them. Hardie for me is never the answer but he had some decent movement when he came in but he got zero service

Service yesterday was appalling. Their keeper had so little to do and I honestly think we were well into the 2nd half yesterday before our players and Pedro realised they were here for a nil nil.

When a team is sitting in so deep then creativity which we lack us needed. Or the numbers game where you flood the box with players and crosses and by the law of averages something goes in.

Instead we played possession in a horseshoe shape ftom right wing backwards to CH the left and up that wing. And back. And reverse. And repeat.

The players will be as to blame for Pedro getting the sack as he himself will be.

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My thoughts too.

he surely must be carrying an injury, surely?

Hopefully that's the reason he's being kept out the team by Kenny. Find it hard to believe a former Mexico international can't get into the team