Expectations Now The Window's Shut

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

nintchdbpict000340672981.thumb.jpg.2709bbb2e9928ba608319ce8cb368fd3.jpg

Allegedly, do we actually know the fee ? Or has a figure just been out out there? As I heard £3.5m and if true the serious questions need to be answered as it's a hell of a risk  

And how much return have we had from him? He is unfit and not even close to being fit with the first old firm game fast approaching .

Pedro better hope he's the new maradonna when fit as I for one am not impressed that we are starting the season with our alledly most expensive player not fit 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Allegedly, do we actually know the fee ? Or has a figure just been out out there? As I heard £3.5m and if true the serious questions need to be answered as it's a hell of a risk  

And how much return have we had from him? He is unfit and not even close to being fit withnthe first old firm game fast approaching .

Pedro better hope he's the new maradonna when fit as I for one am not impressed that we are starting the season with our alledly most expensive player not fit 

Maradona for £3.5m :lol:

Settle petal. 

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

That's about all we can afford. It's not like we can go out a splash £2m on a player, they would have been very good additions to our squad.  Ball is solid and versatile so a very good player if injuries set in and Stevie May was on fire a couple of years back at St Johnstone and I think he will rediscover his form unfortunately with the sheep.

Both these players would not have been a lot of outlay and have experience in the Scottish  game. I hope they both have stinkers with the sheep now obviously, but I feel we should have nipped in and snapped them up first.

We spent £2m on Peña. 

Ball failed miserably as a CH with us & with Rotherham. You could possibly make an argument for him as a DM. 

Stevie May has scored 10 goals since 2014. 

I agree we don't have the quality in places or depth to challenge the filth but lets not kid on he's the answer. 

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

We spent £2m on Peña. 

Ball failed miserably as a CH with us & with Rotherham. You could possibly make an argument for him as a DM. 

Stevie May has scored 10 goals since 2014. 

I agree we don't have the quality in places or depth to challenge the filth but lets not kid on he's the answer. 

What we have is not the  answer either, I agree about Ball in midfield and not CH, he could have been a good squad player as he is a battler and I honestly think Stevie May will do a turn for the sheep, I agree they are not the answer, we need 2 full backs a top winger and someone good in the air too partner Morelos. That shopping list does not come cheap you could say £8mill for the 4 players as Tav is hot and cold and again could if we had injuries be pushed into midfield and as for Wallace I have still to be convinced , he plays a blinder at Wembley for Scotland so there is a player there, I just wish he was more consistent for us..

Already resigned to second before a ball is kicked and hoping the champs league distracts them and they get a  bad run of injuries as we are due a bit of luck but to be honest But we need to start putting teams away when on top. 

We will finish 2nd or 3rd. I don't think they'll be much in it between us and Aberdeen in the battle for second, but we are still a long way off being able to challange IMO. 

Don't see how anyone can blame the board if I'm honest, we have spent 5-6 million in this window. It's a matter of whether or not it's been spent wisely...

I expect a bit of a roller coaster for another 1-2 months, then start setting the heather alight as squad fitness improves, player understanding of each other improves and the system becomes second nature.

I'm looking at lesser mortals getting buried. Start converting all these missed chances into goals..

The scum will be a struggle, but I can see us turning them over in a one off and my pampers will be soaked!

I've got a positive feeling and just hope to fuck I'm right.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I expect a bit of a roller coaster for another 1-2 months, then start setting the heather alight as squad fitness improves, player understanding of each other improves and the system becomes second nature.

I'm looking at lesser mortals getting buried. Start converting all these missed chances into goals..

The scum will be a struggle, but I can see us turning them over in a one off and my pampers will be soaked!

Well said mate

If we can hang in there only with about a 5-7 points gap between now and January and snap up Walker and McLean on pre contracts and then attempt to buy them in that window for a nominal amount I think we can have a decent season.

As soon as these two sign pre contacts the muppet fan bases of each club will demand they never play for them again which means we might be able to pick them up cheap.

47 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Love the optimism, I'm more than confident Rangers can beat celtic in old firm games and I'm more than sure from what you say it will come, more goals etc, the team gelling more, going to be an interesting next few month.

Really hope I'm wrong but I see another mediocre season for us, the scum seem to steam roll most teams whereas we don't , we don't seem to be able to keep a good tempo for 90 minutes, we usually start off well and then it fades, as I said I hope I'm wrong but I've not seen anything that convinces me otherwise.

57 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Love the optimism, I'm more than confident Rangers can beat celtic in old firm games and I'm more than sure from what you say it will come, more goals etc, the team gelling more, going to be an interesting next few month.

I am one who actually thinks there are plently goals in us, but we are so shot shy in front of goal. We take an extra touch or make another pass, instead of just pulling the trigger. We have been like that for a few seasons. Just go for it. Don't be afraid to miss.

I see our biggest weakness at L/RB positions. I'm not saying they very bad weaknesses, but I can see the scum exposing us there. It will take some some focus from Tav and Wallace to get the defensive priorities right. Other than that, I fear no one.

Really looking forward to the season ahead.

I've no idea how it's going to go, it could go either way but we need a few of the new starts to step up, lucky with injuries and hope we can gel as a team. I'm not optimistic about it.

It's the same thing we've said for 3 years in a row now which is shite, completely replacing the first team is nonsense. We need more stability and a better standard of player which hopefully we've done this time. It doesn't take long before there's a crisis here and with the results and shite I've had to watch under pedro, for me he's not got much leeway. He needs to get performances and winning in the big games. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I am one who actually thinks there are plently goals in us, but we are so shot shy in front of goal. We take an extra touch or make another pass, instead of just pulling the trigger. We have been like that for a few seasons. Just go for it. Don't be afraid to miss.

I see our biggest weakness at L/RB positions. I'm not saying they very bad weaknesses, but I can see the scum exposing us there. It will take some some focus from Tav and Wallace to get the defensive priorities right. Other than that, I fear no one.

Really looking forward to the season ahead.

Did you watch the training on Rangers TV? Recent video posted up showing them doing the drills for striker training as well as defending, you can see that's something they're working hard on and I believe myself it's there. Let's not shy away from the fact there has only been 4 or 5 games, 4 if you are talking about the league and if you look at the 4 games we have:

Dorrans - 2 goals
Morelos - 3 goals
Tavernier - 1 goal
Herrera - 1 goal

Bearing in mind we had a player sent off against Hibs which went against us and in my opinion Rangers would've won the game had we had all 11 men on the park and the 0-0 draw was our team's first experience of playing against us who sat in. So it'll be interesting to see how Rangers tackle the next team who come to Ibrox and do that, I expect Dundee to do just that, although they seem lesser quality than Hearts of current. If you include the goals against Dunfermline, well you can see from set pieces we have quality there.

What lost Rangers so many points last season was a mixture between being extremely poor in midfield defensively and in defence which resulted in far too many needless points thrown away, I feel this problem is fixed in many regards. Sure it's not spectacular on our wing back situation but we've improved. I think so long as our team can show strong consistency in defence we'll get a good run as our team seems capable of scoring goals. Also, Morelos scored against Hearts, it's not like he never, he did and for me it was never offside, this happens however, so yes I'm confident Rangers can do well.

I think that is where Peña does come in, he looks that key player who not only acts creatively but a key to getting through on goal. Overall though I agree, especially Kenny, hopefully with the training they're doing at the moment the goals will come.

Correct, it's when our wing backs bomb up the park they're leaving big space down both sides and that they cannot afford to do against celtic, that's why I say there's no definite we'll beat them, but because celtic are abysmal at the back you'll probably find a high scoring game, maybe we'll beat them 3-2 or they beat us by that amount, yet to be seen. Agree with mostly all of what you've stated mate, I agree, it's an exciting season and I'm confident we can go the whole distance, obvious room for improvement but we're looking good.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I think you that we are much close to scum than many think. I hope for 55 this year.

Good man! :dance:
That's what I like to see! 

I can see us taking it to them alright and given they were lucky to get 3 points against Partick Thistle I can see celtic dropping many more points, it's why they were desperate to bring a striker in from France over the transfer deadline there, they're not as convincing as people think and their defence is shit hahaha :lol: I'm confident that with another 2 points dropped and if Rangers can beat celtic we'll get 2 points clear of them, here we go for 55! :dance:

In the league I'm expecting a strong second place.

The next few games are crucial. We need to build confidence and instill fear in our opponents. In the past, teams came to Ibrox knowing they were beat before a ball was kicked and that if we got the first goal they were in for a hammering. We were so far ahead in quality that we initimidated the wee teams even when we were playing at their ground. We're still working to get back to that perception and our former status in the Scottish game.

That east end mhob have got the aura about them right now - they're NOT a great team but you can see other teams are scared of them.

The biggest thing we lost going down the divisions was the expectation that we could win games without breaking sweat. If we can start thumping opponents regularly and go on a sustained run where we win at a canter we'll start to get it back. Only when teams fear us will we be ready to challenge for the title.

IMO we need to accept it's build for this season and launch a proper challenge next.

All depends on the next 3 games for me, we need 6 points off Dundee and Partick going into the old firm then beat the scum at home and we've got a real chance especially because defeat to us will send them into meltdown! Can't afford any more dropped points between now and then though...

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

All depends on the next 3 games for me, we need 6 points off Dundee and Partick going into the old firm then beat the scum at home and we've got a real chance especially because defeat to us will send them into meltdown! Can't afford any more dropped points between now and then though...

Agreed. We lose before we play them then we can absolutely kiss winning the old form game goodbye.

We win those 2 and then manage to beat them, it changes the mindset of both teams.

The next 3 games are absolutely the most important games for us since 2012. This is a chance to really put a dent in their dominance.