John Motson

G.E.C.

Greatest football commentator ever for me. H'e passionate about his nation - fuck all wrong with that. Fucking pisses me off when a tarrier starts bleating on about how he never shuts up about 66 when they lot never shut the fuck up about 67. Cunts. 

Well done Motty, it's been a hell of a run 

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

Annoying. Best commentator was Dave Begg I think his name was...always good listening to him on the radio. 

Got sacked at one point by Radio Scotland because of complaints that his commentary when Rangers beat Dynamo Kiev was too biased towards Rangers.

:lol:What a pathetic country Scotland is and was even 30 years ago.

Was listening to talksport today and they had a commentator on from sky.

I'm sure he was saying that Motson was methodical in his preparation with stats etc and kept all his paperwork which is now getting auctioned off for charity. 

Obviously now everything is to hand online. Saying years ago that players would want to lie about there ages and all sorts. 

59 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Once heard, never forgotten. He described every shot on goal as "a drive............ohhhh!!!".

It was my best friend at schools Grandpa and he brought us all back loads of goodies from World Cup he was gent and good Ger. His family were football mad and Rangers :tu:

I remember his house got broke into and they stole loads of memorabilia he had from through his years.

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Got sacked at one point by Radio Scotland because of complaints that his commentary when Rangers beat Dynamo Kiev was too biased towards Rangers.

:lol:What a pathetic country Scotland is and was even 30 years ago.

Haha really?! Did not know that mate. Not sure what team Begg supported but always seemed fair on the games..how times have changed. 

8 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Haha really?! Did not know that mate. Not sure what team Begg supported but always seemed fair on the games..how times have changed. 

His older sister and her husband were my next door neighbours till last summer. He's a Patrick Thistle supporter.