U20's live V Brighton tomorrow night

MrMckee

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Really unfortunate to lose there, that boy Atakayi looks like he could be a real talent if he bulks up. Still very young.

That boy that started up top for Brighton was huge :lol: 

That striker was about a foot bigger than our defenders. 

Not long in from the game and I really enjoyed it. I really hope the club has more games at home like that. I would definitely recommend going along if you can.

As for the  game itself, except for the 1st 20 mins i thought Rangers were the better team. Controlled most of the match i felt however Brighton did come into it more at the end. We looked to be tiring a little.

Standouts for me:

Jamie Barjonas - he looks a tidy player to me. I could see why he got his chance in the 1st team last season. Looks well rounded. I would have just like to see him impose himself on the game and dictate it. For me he looked the most developed player on the park

Serge Atakayi - great pace. Had a couple of great runs and looked a tricky player. Never really got a chance to see what his end product was like but overall looked decent.

Scott Gray(LB) - 1st half i thought he looked very good. He was good on the ball and i also thought he was good defensively. Looks like he was about 17 so hopefully he will be able to bulk up a little as he gets older. 

9 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Barjonas and  Atakayi were very good, and I quite like the look of Dallas; I think he could be a very good player one day. This was a good test for these players.

I look forward to dallas scoring the winner against the bead rattlers.

The samaritans would be kept busy for a few days!!!

Both teams were of a similar age, one of the parents said the Brighton team was U18 - 6 of their team was U18 in English terms, 2 of them would be classed as U19 in Scotland. the other players used were a year older and two U20's. Rangers also fielded 6 U18 players in the staring lineup, as were two of the subs, the others were U19 but included an U21 in Ryan Hardie.

I very much doubt many of their players were regulars in their under 23 side as they played and lost 5-1 to WBA on Monday. Only three of last night's team were involved, Max Sanders and David Ajiboye came on as subs, Issac Hutchinson played the whole game and came on as a sub against Rangers. Only Hutchinson (every game) and Sanders have started for the u23's this season.

The majority of the Brighton team played against Chelsea U18's in February a game they lost 13-0.

Both teams were of a similar age, one of the parents said the Brighton team was U18 - 6 of their team was U18 in English terms, 2 of them would be classed as U19 in Scotland. the other players used were a year older and two U20's. Rangers also fielded 6 U18 players in the staring lineup, as were two of the subs, the others were U19 but included an U21 in Ryan Hardie.

I very much doubt many of their players were regulars in their under 23 side as they played and lost 5-1 to WBA on Monday. Only three of last night's team were involved, Max Sanders and David Ajiboye came on as subs, Issac Hutchinson played the whole game and came on as a sub against Rangers. Only Hutchinson (every game) and Sanders have started for the u23's this season.

The majority of the Brighton team played against Chelsea U18's in February a game they lost 13-0.