The Rugby thread

MisterC

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I watched it, although lost a bit of interest in the Second Half. Nakarawa was good and showed a lot of what the team has been missing this season - he's intelligent with so much raw power.

Yeah Dolokoto, pretty impressive to get two on your debut, especially off the bench and one as a temp, but Turner was good though. He passed an HIA but its pretty concerning for him getting another knock as he was ruled out the tail end of last season with consecutive concussions.

I've been impressed with Turner this season, a very combative hooker and a wrecking ball with ball in hand. Hope this is nothing serious. As for Nakarawa, great having him back, gets the team moving forward and those offloads! A good win but will tough to make the play offs.

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I've been impressed with Turner this season, a very combative hooker and a wrecking ball with ball in hand. Hope this is nothing serious. As for Nakarawa, great having him back, gets the team moving forward and those offloads! A good win but will tough to make the play offs.

I said on this thread a month or so ago that there's no chance of making the play offs. I still stand by that. Really not good enough this year at all.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MisterC said:

Great win for scotland there. Good controlled performance and executed chances when they came. Well done Scotland and well done Townsend.

Yes it was quite an impressive performance, the Tyson Fury punch reducing them to 14 never helped but we were by far the best team.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Italy deservedly in front.

Too many penalties at the breakdown for Scotland - not enough forward support in crucial moments.

Italy have been quite impressive. Very aggressive with the ball in attack.Β 

Italy look way more up for it than we do