The Rugby thread

MisterC

9 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I actually think that’s harsh as fuck.Β 

Yeah and if that's a red then so was Liam Williams in the first half.

Its like football though now where you can be sent off for being slightly too aggressive, he's barely clipped his head. How the fuck are you meant to clear out a 100kg + player without that kind of force and pace?

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah and if that's a red then so was Liam Williams in the first half.

Its like football though now where you can be sent off for being slightly too aggressive, he's barely clipped his head. How the fuck are you meant to clear out a 100kg + player without that kind of force and pace?

He’s popped up as well.Β 

Total shite call in my opinion, so soft.

Absolute wanker of a referee, the red card was a soft one.Β 

Wales are absolutely rotten and can only win thanks to other teams getting red cards. Cunts. I'm raging about that game.

Fact is though, Scotlands discipline compared with last week was night and day and when your discipline is poor it doesnt help. Same old, same fucking old....

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Absolute wanker of a referee, the red card was a soft one.Β 

Wales are absolutely rotten and can only win thanks to other teams getting red cards. Cunts. I'm raging about that game.

Fact is though, Scotlands discipline compared with last week was night and day and when your discipline is poor it doesnt help. Same old, same fucking old....

There's no way that was a red, it was a yellow at worst, Fagerson has gone in perfectly. Its the problem with modern rugby. The officials seem to forget its a contact sport.

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

How the hell has Wales 2nd try been allowed to stand? They are getting all the luck in this tournament and England can feel hard done by on that try.

I'm not sure of the rules , so I could be talking shite , but . . .Β 

I'm wondering if the knock on doesn't take effect until he drops the ball ie both hands . I know he loses control at the start , that's when the ball goes forward , but then ' catches' it with both hands . Its at this stage it drops to the ground though i dont think it goes forward at this point .Β 

Like I say , could be talking shite .Β 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm not sure of the rules , so I could be talking shite , but . . .Β 

I'm wondering if the knock on doesn't take effect until he drops the ball ie both hands . I know he loses control at the start , that's when the ball goes forward , but then ' catches' it with both hands . Its at this stage it drops to the ground though i dont think it goes forward at this point .Β 

Like I say , could be talking shite .Β 

I dont think he has the ball under control, it goes forward then hits his arm, and goes down and then back. However, the refs know the rules so you have to go with what they decide. In fact looking at the first try, that's another one where England have been done. However it's funny watching Johnson and Guscott raging about it :lol:

Just now, MisterC said:

I dont think he has the ball under control, it goes forward then hits his arm, and goes down and then back. However, the refs know the rules so you have to go with what they decide. In fact looking at the first try, that's another one where England have been done. However it's funny watching Johnson and Guscott raging about it :lol:

But does he have to be in control ? Quite often you see them fumble the ball until getting it under control and its ok . I reckon the knock on only comes into effect after he drops the ball and I dont think it goes forward at thatΒ point .Β 

Agree the first one was a lot more dubious.Β  He didn't give them much time before the penalty was taken .Β 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

But does he have to be in control ? Quite often you see them fumble the ball until getting it under control and its ok . I reckon the knock on only comes into effect after he drops the ball and I dont think it goes forward at thatΒ point .Β 

Agree the first one was a lot more dubious.Β  He didn't give them much time before the penalty was taken .Β 

Because it only touched him and not the ground after it went forward it doesnt count as knock on. Fair dos on that one.Β 

Aye for the first thats never enough time given.Β 

All sets us up for a tasty 2nd half