Dorrans

RangersMedia

10 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Huge mistake to play Pena v Tim's, Holt would have contributed far more, but we need better than Holt.

Folk said to me Holt does lots of running and contributes not much else... He did have a poor year last year, but his first 6 months he was on fire..

If he can run about he's already contributing more than Pena.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

You may well be right with the harsh aspect, neither IMO looked like improvements on what we had last year.

Beerman looked too small and lightweight and I didn't see the attacking threat that DJ offered today. He may be able to improve, bit I'm doubtful he's going to be good enough. I'd love to be wrong.

Barjonas of the two I'd say has more chance, however as neat and tidy as he was he never really influenced a game the way that say Lewis MacLeod did, he showed glimpses, but then Kyle Hutton and Andy Murdoch did too.

Mccrorie I've thought could do something here. I thought he did well against Patrick. Was ok against them. Poor today as you said. I'm not too convinced he will be any different from the two above.

In all their cases they won't get that 10 games in a row they need to build confidence and unless we go on a great run they would probably struggle as if we are not winning confidence will drop.

If we had a great team and we could bed in some players then possibly I might think otherwise, but I just don't see them getting the time to prove themselves as they haven't stood out as improvements on what we have already in my opinion.

It's 100 per cent harsh though you are right. I'd love to be wrong.

It's all about opinions and you can only judge what you see. No one is correct but all fans who criticise in any way shape or form ultimately want the part in bold to happen, without a shadow of a doubt.

To be honest none of us know what's going to happen in the future and how players are going to develop, and deal with playing professional football. So many great prospects crumble whereas so many average prospects manage to carve out very solid careers. It's a combination of dedication, desire, focus, willing to learn on their part and then of course you need that thing everyone needs, luck and timing. 

Barrie and Lewis stood out when I seen them but Kyle never looked great to me. Very cumbersome although I admit I thought Murdoch looked good! Not quite sure where he is now. At the start of the season though, very early on Morelos and Candieas were written off early. Jack was deemed not good enough by some before he kicked a ball. DJ was a terrible signing before he kicked a ball (then after he kicked a ball). Even Fod is still slated by some to this day! It is what it is though...........

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's all about opinions and you can only judge what you see. No one is correct but all fans who criticise in any way shape or form ultimately want the part in bold to happen, without a shadow of a doubt.

To be honest none of us know what's going to happen in the future and how players are going to develop, and deal with playing professional football. So many great prospects crumble whereas so many average prospects manage to carve out very solid careers. It's a combination of dedication, desire, focus, willing to learn on their part and then of course you need that thing everyone needs, luck and timing. 

Barrie and Lewis stood out when I seen them but Kyle never looked great to me. Very cumbersome although I admit I thought Murdoch looked good! Not quite sure where he is now. At the start of the season though, very early on Morelos and Candieas were written off early. Jack was deemed not good enough by some before he kicked a ball. DJ was a terrible signing before he kicked a ball (then after he kicked a ball).Even Fod is still slated by some to this day! It is what it is though...........

The bit in bold is spot on. You look at John fleck all the promise in the world and didn't make it at the time. Someone like Alan Hutton got slaughtered at points but was kept in and left almost idolised.

Kyle Hutton was shite, but he did have one or two great games for us. They were in between 10 crap ones but they did happen. I liked Murdoch too, thought he could have gone on and done something.

Its near impossible to predict, you look at how many good players were ex youths here that we released... 

As you say it's the world of football, you win your a good guy, you lose and your all the names under the sun... I suppose my point is young players get more time to develop and the fans are less likely to get on their back if they come through when we are winning and playing well, which makes it even more difficult for the current youths.

24 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We saw what Dorrans can do in a more advsnced position with his chip to Candieas. Playing him in a holding role is a waste imho. 

Jack and either Holt or Rossiter behind Dorrans is the way to go.

Don't see how anyone can think otherwise. I thought dorrans was brilliant at points today. Really reminds me of Steven Davis in that he can have quiet spells but is capable of brilliance.

Dorrans should be in Pena's position and for me Holt in dorrans role but encouraged to get into the box. Genuinely think this would improve our attacking play a lot. Our midfield would be more mobile. Which pulls players out of position and creates openings. 

Tav and candeias have a decent understanding, just need to work out the left side, but Declan John was great going forward. Genuinely would be interested to see how he and Wallace would do, with John at lw. 

5 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Who are a better team than Partick, who we drew with twice a few weeks ago.

Off topic...but Hamilton are not a better side than Partick...

They finished top 6 last season & both the taigs and aberdeen have scraped wins against them already this season. 

Last night was a decent result, some positives but Hamilton will be close to relegation this season, we should be winning convincingly. 

52 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

It was a Shite penalty btw 

9 out of 10 keepers would have saved that

When you take a penalty and it hits the back of the net that is the only thing that matters how can scoring from the spot be classed as shite.

Just a wee observation on last night, after watch the game I am still 100% convinced plastic parks should be outlawed at the top level they are dangerous, players can't play at 100% capacity on them and you don't get a true bounce of the ball yes the have improved from years ago but they are still not up to the standard required for top level football.

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Off topic...but Hamilton are not a better side than Partick...

They finished top 6 last season & both the taigs and aberdeen have scraped wins against them already this season. 

League position woukd suggest they are

1 hour ago, Carsons Dog said:

It was a Shite penalty btw 

9 out of 10 keepers would have saved that

10 out of 10 would save it if they stood still...

but they don’t, and when you let them commit and then dink it against their balance, I’d say 1 out of 10 might get lucky with their trailing foot. 

16 minutes ago, JR said:

10 out of 10 would save it if they stood still...

but they don’t, and when you let them commit and then dink it against their balance, I’d say 1 out of 10 might get lucky with their trailing foot. 

It was weak as fuk and he got lucky tbh

Very poor penalty