Rangers Picture Thread

6 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

'Willie Vandermotten (Stirling Albion)'...

Assuming that's our 'Billy Vander', as he was always known to us - surely has to be..

What heartfelt memories - uncle Billy took me to my first games (dad's job took him away from home frequently).

Last time I met with Billy was at an England v Scotland game at Wembley and I simply can't find this online.

False memories maybe here... my recollection is that our goalkeeper played for Everton and in a contentious decision, Alan Ball challenged him for a crossed ball - blatant foul - resulting in a goal.

Anyone maybe help with this?

10 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

Last time I met with Billy was at an England v Scotland game at Wembley and I simply can't find this online.

False memories maybe here... my recollection is that our goalkeeper played for Everton and in a contentious decision, Alan Ball challenged him for a crossed ball - blatant foul - resulting in a goal.

Anyone maybe help with this?

Maybe you're thinking of 1979 game  where Bob Latchford  challenged George Wood for the ball but the goal was chopped off ?

11 hours ago, Don54 said:

Maybe you're thinking of 1979 game  where Bob Latchford  challenged George Wood for the ball but the goal was chopped off ?

After posting that query, the name George Wood just came up as a sudden recollection.

Shows you though... I did caution this was a distant memory and may not be accurate!

I'm away to look into this further... surely has to be that same game.

Cheers for this...

I'm up in the town of the first ever team we played against on Flesher's Haugh, Callander, and I came across this wee guy on the way up to Bracklinn Falls. He was having a wee rest on a wall on Bracklinn Street....

20181027_144111.thumb.jpg.f51fb044a73e3e24baddf6683a5c75ce.jpg20181027_144104.thumb.jpg.97c2bd0d34033c0bb4588aeeeae528da.jpg

Seemed a nice fellow.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

20181027_144104.thumb.jpg.97c2bd0d34033c0bb4588aeeeae528da.jpg

Seemed a nice fellow.

If I show my wee granddaughter this tomorrow morning, she will ask the question, "But he did take the tiny Rangers bear home with him, didn't he, Grampa...".

Your answer better be in the affirmative or she will hunt you down..

4 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

If I show my wee granddaughter this tomorrow morning, she will ask the question, "But he did take the tiny Rangers bear home with him, didn't he, Grampa...".

Your answer better be in the affirmative or she will hunt you down..

The lovely wee Bear is safe and warm and in a loving home. ?