The Beast

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

So you can tell all that from Dalcios 1 and a half games in europe, where the full team were duds or was it his 1 minute he has played for us in the league

The fact he hasn’t been given a chance by Pedro since Progrès says enough to me that he’s not good enough. 

Pedro has put together the basis of a really good team. We can’t get complacent though, he needs to be given the support to strengthen at each window, identifying the areas on the pitch that needs improving on. 

If he can spot our weak areas, develop individuals and not have favourites then he will do well.

McCoist and Warburton couldn’t do any of that which is why they failed miserably. 

25 minutes ago, Siwel said:

The fact he hasn’t been given a chance by Pedro since Progrès says enough to me that he’s not good enough. 

Does the fact Pedro plays Windass every game say to you that he IS good enough?

A manager playing or not playing a player is his right, it doesn't prove anything. 

Like with Miller it sometimes just takes them a bit longer to see what is blindingly obvious.

We just don't know yet if the Dalcio, Herrera, Hardie, Nemane and to a lesser extent Mccrorie would make a jersey their own as they haven't been given the chance over a few games in settled teams.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Does the fact Pedro plays Windass every game say to you that he IS good enough?

A manager playing or not playing a player is his right, it doesn't prove anything. 

Like with Miller it sometimes just takes them a bit longer to see what is blindingly obvious.

We just don't know yet if the Dalcio, Herrera, Hardie, Nemane and to a lesser extent Mccrorie would make a jersey their own as they haven't been given the chance over a few games in settled teams.

Is it blindingly obvious that he should give Dalcio a chance? I see where you’re coming from with that argument but he signed the boy to play him and he hasn’t since Progrès which speaks volumes to me. Btw with Windass I have honestly no idea what Pedro sees in him he’s dug shite.

23 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Is it blindingly obvious that he should give Dalcio a chance? I see where you’re coming from with that argument but he signed the boy to play him and he hasn’t since Progrès which speaks volumes to me. Btw with Windass I have honestly no idea what Pedro sees in him he’s dug shite.

It's not blindingly obvious no but I wouldn't say that he doesn't deserve a chance. Or that it's clear he doesnt deserve it given Pedro doesnt play him.

He signed nemane but hasn't played him. He inherited Windass yet prefers him over players he signed. 

I banged on that playing Miller would lose Pedro his job as he was a man down. Thankfully he addressed that.

I'd say our overall play has now improved and that's the reason for us carrying Windass. Windass won't cost Pedro his job like Miller would have, but he IS a man down and needs replaced.

Nemane, the Dalcio, or Christ even Hodson at full back (aaaarrrgghh) and John pushed on or all valid options.

I just hate seeing a repeat underperformer retain their jersey whilst others don't get a chance. I'm not convinced it is anything to do with ability or what's shown in training. I really think Pedro just persists with players far longer than they deserve.

The weak points in our team are glaring.

We need a centre back.

We need a left back

We need a left midfielder.

We need a striker.

Personally i’d still like a big hardy bastard in middle of park.

Best to try and look where we need to strengthen over all the games and not base it on one night in Perth.

I do think he will address the left midfield issue in the summer,as it now seems to be our only area of real weakness. John will be good enough at left back to see the season out. Windass is a frustrating one for me, as he has all the physical attributes to make it, his mentality is so week though. He went missing last night again,and we can't keep continually having that, as it makes our left hand side so weak,and will be the natural side for any half decent team to target

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The weak points in our team are glaring.

We need a centre back.

We need a left back

We need a left midfielder.

We need a striker.

Personally i’d still like a big hardy bastard in middle of park.

Best to try and look where we need to strengthen over all the games and not base it on one night in Perth.

I would say we need cover in all of those positions except left midfield, where we need a starter. A no nonsense centre mid would be a bonus but I think he seems to be happy with what we have. With the system we are playing, Pena just behind Morelos, we don't have to sign a starting striker

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I would say we need cover in all of those positions except left midfield, where we need a starter. A no nonsense centre mid would be a bonus but I think he seems to be happy with what we have. With the system we are playing, Pena just behind Morelos, we don't have to sign a starting striker

If Morelos got a lengthy injury we'd be fucked up front.

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Centre half and Left mid need strengthened asap.

DJ is ok going forward but like Wallace is poor defensively.

If Morelos got injured we are fucked.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If Morelos got a lengthy injury we'd be fucked up front.

That's very true, but then Herrera would step in, or Hardie. I think the system he prefers has the one up top striker with Pena in behind. I would sign Moult,but as someone who can come in rather than be a starter

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Centre half and Left mid need strengthened asap.

DJ is ok going forward but like Wallace is poor defensively.

If Morelos got injured we are fucked.

Strengthened in terms of depth I agree, but cardoso and Alves are the first choice pairing. I think that by getting a decent left mid in that will track back like Candeias, we will be better down that side. We are so unbalanced down the left

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's very true, but then Herrera would step in, or Hardie. I think the system he prefers has the one up top striker with Pena in behind. I would sign Moult,but as someone who can come in rather than be a starter

One of whom gets minutes here or there, the other doesn't even get that.

That's the risk of only having / playing one forward regularly. All the eggs in one basket.

I think we're crying out for 352 now.

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Strengthened in terms of depth I agree, but cardoso and Alves are the first choice pairing. I think that by getting a decent left mid in that will track back like Candeias, we will be better down that side. We are so unbalanced down the left

No, Cardoso and Windass need replaced in starting line up asap.

Barring a few flashes Windass is a poor player.

Cardoso is an accident waiting to happen every game. He’s not physical enough and is naive.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

One of whom gets minutes here or there, the other doesn't even get that.

That's the risk of only having / playing one forward regularly. All the eggs in one basket.

I think we're crying out for 352 now.

Definitely agree with you. Would love to see two up top. 3-5-2 would also pack numbers in midfield,where we have been over run at times. As you say, nature of the beast playing with one traditional striker

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Cardoso is an accident waiting to happen every game. He’s not physical enough and is naieve.

How many stupid fuckin fouls does Cardoso give away?

Anyway I'm getting fed up agreeing with your posts !!

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Cardoso is an accident waiting to happen every game. He’s not physical enough and is naieve.

Cardoso hasn't lived up to the hype as yet,but he won't be replaced,and definitely needs to start improving. 

I agree with Windass. He is bringing nothing at all to the table, and needs replacing as soon as possible.

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

How many stupid fuckin fouls does Cardoso give away?

Anyway I'm getting fed up agreeing with your posts !!

I think the more he’s struggling in a game the more stupid fouls he gives away if that makes sense.

2 of our next 3 games will test him. Motherwell will put Moult on him and launch balls from our left into him.

Hearts are just a robust, physical team who play hoofball.

41 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's not blindingly obvious no but I wouldn't say that he doesn't deserve a chance. Or that it's clear he doesnt deserve it given Pedro doesnt play him.

He signed nemane but hasn't played him. He inherited Windass yet prefers him over players he signed. 

I banged on that playing Miller would lose Pedro his job as he was a man down. Thankfully he addressed that.

I'd say our overall play has now improved and that's the reason for us carrying Windass. Windass won't cost Pedro his job like Miller would have, but he IS a man down and needs replaced.

Nemane, the Dalcio, or Christ even Hodson at full back (aaaarrrgghh) and John pushed on or all valid options.

I just hate seeing a repeat underperformer retain their jersey whilst others don't get a chance. I'm not convinced it is anything to do with ability or what's shown in training. I really think Pedro just persists with players far longer than they deserve.

I thought Nemane was signed for the under 20s? I wonder if Beerman LM and John LB would be decent, surely can’t be worse than Windass