Pedro - recruitment.

The Beast

There's many on here who are negative re Pedro and in some respects I have some sympathy with their views. However I do think his recruitment has been better than good and miles better than Warburton.

There's not many of his signings have been complete failures, some still have the jury out but most are a huge improvement on what we had before.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. May well go tits up for Pedro before the end of the season but it's not like we need an overhaul like we did after that baldy wank left. 

Ryan Jack, Alves, Cardoso(jury still out) Dorrans, Candeias, Morelos.

all good players and a huge improvement on last year not just ability wise but mentality, aggressiveness and fighting spirit as well. Leaps and bounds ahead of the rubberspined wallopers we had last year. 

Negative views of Pedro are down to negative results, insane tactics, and poor team selection. Some of his signings have been good (Morelos, Alves) and others ok while the remainder still have something to prove. However we are in a much better place right now than a year or so ago. If Pedro gets it right and his players start performing at the top of their game match after match we have nothing to worry about. So far we have not gone 3 wins in a row under him. Right now we have 2 wins, the next step is to beat that bogey.

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There's many on here who are negative re Pedro and in some respects I have some sympathy with their views. However I do think his recruitment has been better than good and miles better than Warburton.

There's not many of his signings have been complete failures, some still have the jury out but most are a huge improvement on what we had before.

Agree 2 or 3 good signings away from having a robust team. I have my doubts about him in General but there is no doubt he gets what our club is all about. Fod said it in his interview before the game the manager is a passionate guy and a winner thats what hes trying to install in us.

Just now, Siwel said:

With the exception of Cardoso and Dalcio I think the rest has been very good business. Still don't think he's a good enough manager for us tho.

Dalcio hasn't been given anywhere close to a decent chance yet. I don't even think he was that bad in the first leg against Progres

Was sitting saying something similar to my boy earlier, he has had a difficult job to get rid of so much shite he was left with and bring in his own players from different parts of the world and have them gel as a team.

We do seem to be getting there slowly but the jury is still well and truly out on Pedro, i hope it works out i sincerely do.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Cardoso is far better along side alves much like Wilson and weir of years ago

Agree he's a young player with limited first team experience. He looked better tonight than the last couple of games and that's down to Alves being back.

2 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

If he losses next weeks semi there's no way back.

Lets just enjoy tonights result on top of the Hamilton result. 7 for 1 against and see what happens against Motherwell, then take it from there.

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Dalcio hasn't been given anywhere close to a decent chance yet. I don't even think he was that bad in the first leg against Progres

That second leg was enough for me man, maybe he does deserve a chance in the team due to Windass being awful but the fact he hasn’t been given one speaks volumes to me.

30 minutes ago, Siwel said:

With the exception of Cardoso and Dalcio I think the rest has been very good business. Still don't think he's a good enough manager for us tho.

I honestly think Cardoso will be decent. Aye he’s been at fault a few times but he’s still relatively a young guy, moving to a new country and new style of football. I’ve also seen enough of him to see why he was so highly rated in Portugal. He will be good in my opinion. 

The Dalcio has still really to get a chance, even younger still than Cardosoand Arno risk as it’s obly a loan deal. May yet surprise us. 

Just look at the stats of the new players morelos 9 goals I think garner scored about 12 the full season,  dorrans 5 pena 4 the whole of last season I think we had 3 goals between holt and halliday put together, we are a far better side than last season I have my worries over cardoso I think he is a bombscare gives away silly fouls and is always to tight to his man I would go with McCrorie and alves in future.

I change about on this because I want them to do well. Sometimes I'm full of praise other times I'm critical. Right now I see progress as we were good. I think the next step is showing consistency.

Think even Wallace in for windass and switching with John improves us greatly

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

I change about on this because I want them to do well. Sometimes I'm full of praise other times I'm critical. Right now I see progress as we were good. I think the next step is showing consistency.

Think even Wallace in for windass and switching with John improves us greatly

Wallace and John would be awesome.

17 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I honestly think Cardoso will be decent. Aye he’s been at fault a few times but he’s still relatively a young guy, moving to a new country and new style of football. I’ve also seen enough of him to see why he was so highly rated in Portugal. He will be good in my opinion. 

The Dalcio has still really to get a chance, even younger still than Cardosoand Arno risk as it’s obly a loan deal. May yet surprise us. 

Didn’t realise he was 23, you’re right he’s still at the age where he could come good he just needs to stop being a shitebag and actually put in a tackle when someone runs at him and cut out those stupid fouls he loves to give away because it puts us under pressure. Dalcio I have less hope for regardless of his age, fast, but that’s about it.