Pedro - recruitment.

The Beast

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was critical of Alves commitment but you can see he made the difference last night, I'm a fan of Tav's, has his moments I know but they two crosses for the first two goals were sublime, better performance from the midfield and a good three points, rode a bit of a storm before we scored and the sending off did help us but we are due a bit of something falling our way. Whether we have the staff to improve our position only time will !

image.jpeg.56a5a9ae6ab0e1d926af24d963eaf6fc.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tommy wright is nowhere near good enough for us, absolutely nowhere near, same as mccinnes

Never said he was good enough but I prefer him as a manager than Mcinnes.

We need to look outside Scottish football to get someone good enough to take us to 55

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agreed, but he's nowhere near as good as people proclaimed before we signed him

Yeah that's fair, I never bought into the whole "furture Portugal national team centre back" stuff so he's doing pretty much as I expected.

12 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Yeah that's fair, I never bought into the whole "furture Portugal national team centre back" stuff so he's doing pretty much as I expected.

i got pelters on here for not expecting much given it was ourselves and wolves who were only in for him

13 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Alves - unimpressed until he stood up to the plate yesterday, said he should have been captain from day one. 

Cordoso - majorly dissapointed, not lived up to the 'future Portugal CB' hype. Has the potential to improve though 

Jack - some games he looks a steal others he looks lost.

Dorrans - last night was the real dorrans and could potentially kick-start his and our season.

Pena - fucking anomaly, looks utter pish, every second touch is a tackle...his starts are good though screams the gallery. Really need something to happen as that was our big money signing. 

Candeias - great wee player. Bite determination and speed, final ball is deadly. Wish he was 5 years younger

Windass Mk2 - prick 

Morelos - bargain. He's never going to dribble by 3 defenders but sheer will and an eye for goal has been a revelation this season 

Ftp

Pedro didn't sign Windass. Josh was tripping over his own feet for us a season before Pedro met him.

Pedro got him to cut his hair and bin the Alice band though which was more than MW ever did.

After the Progress game I would have fired Pedro out the window then and there. However He has done well in getting rid of a lot of MW dross, although he still has some way to go to get shot of Windass, Holt, Hudson, Miller, Krankjcar, and Rossiter with question marks over Wallace and Wilson. 

If he can get rid of the above over the next transfer window or at the end of the season, I think that he will improve the squad with loan players and a few good signings, hopefully a left sided midfielder, solid central defender and a proper number 10.

If he can convince Alves to leave Italy for the SPFL then I genuinely believe that he has the connections to bring the required quality to our club. McInnes and Wright have little or no connections outside the SPFL except the lower divisions in England and NI were MW done his shopping!

13 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... also Declan John looks a good squad  player and he is not frightened to give game time to mccrorie etc.

Forgot about him. Think Mark Allen was more to do with that but you're right a good option to have. His deal with Cardiff's up end of the season as well 

agreed re: McCrorie trusting youths in an old firm debut could be suicidal but Pedro seems to have an eye for a player.

Bates fuckin terrified me at cb last year but young McCrorie more than held his own. Tackled the thumb out of play with such force I thought his wig was going ti come off!

22 hours ago, The Beast said:

There's many on here who are negative re Pedro and in some respects I have some sympathy with their views. However I do think his recruitment has been better than good and miles better than Warburton.

There's not many of his signings have been complete failures, some still have the jury out but most are a huge improvement on what we had before.

Warbs recruitment was brilliant, I miss the Barton and Halliday days.