*** The Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'm just pointing out the main reason we lost. Doesn't matter if they scored 2 lucky goals, if we had scored 3 then we would've won.

That logic applies in every game . That's why them battering morellos  was important for them but they over stepped the mark and should have walked . . Their keeper made good saves and we made poor mistakes in front of goal .  On another day were 5 up at half time .. not Pedro's fault 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

There's a difference between expecting a 'team akin to Barcelona' and expecting a team that can string together three wins in one of Europe's worst leagues. As I said earlier, our infrastructure, wages, transfer spend, and squad talent demands much, much more than we're getting. 

I think, after that win, there will be Motherwell fans saying "I quite fancy our chances against celtic actually", whereas I'm seeing Rangers fans basically saying "this is a better outcome because celtic would've gubbed us". It's completely out of character for our fans to go into an Old Firm game expecting a loss or, worse, actively wanting to avoid playing the game. I remember more expectation when we played (and beat) them as a Championship side under Warburton! 

The manager has had 2 and half months of the season with a brand new team and everyone expects 16 straight wins it's absolute madness, are we where I want us to be no of course not, but our squad before administration was built up over years which is easy to forget when your winning but we were stripped bare this is not over night fix and 10million is peanuts this day and age.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You won’t make a player that isn’t prepared to fight suddenly change, and we have too many that can’t be arsed with the fight

Yup and the manager has brpught in some of the worst of them.

We are stuck with a fat useless Mexican who it will take years to get rid of no doubt. 

1 minute ago, kenny6131 said:

The manager has had 2 and half months of the season with a brand new team and everyone expects 16 straight wins it's absolute madness, are we where I want us to be no of course not, but our squad before administration was built up over years which is easy to forget when your winning but we were stripped bare this is not over night fix and 10million is peanuts this day and age.

Two quick points: I'd expect three or four wins in a row (not sixteen) and £10M might be peanuts elsewhere but, in Scotland, it dwarfs the investment of every club bar one. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You won’t make a player that isn’t prepared to fight suddenly change, and we have too many that can’t be arsed with the fight

With the right manager in place you can.

See it all the time goes on all over the footballing world. 

13 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Absolutely mental to hear a Rangers fan insinuate anything to the effect of 'better getting beaten in the semi than face an unbeatable celtic team in the final'. That's the absolute antithesis of this club's ethos and spirit. 

Its not saying that they don't WANT to get to final it's just a healthy degree of realism.

We are MILES behind that mob, like it or not. 

People need to get real if they think changing the manager after every defeat is the answer,  before administration our 1st team every position had 1 maybe 2 players that cost millions each we don't have the money to buy these type in 1 season it's a rebuild job and unless we get an owner willing to instantly pump in the money then it's going to be a long wait.

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Two quick points: I'd expect three or four wins in a row (not sixteen) and £10M might be peanuts elsewhere but, in Scotland, it dwarfs the investment of every club bar one. 

10million in 1 season would but these clubs have invested that over years were trying to do it in 1

We created chances Windass missed about 3 of them. We were poor today and it has now become the norm in big games now, it's unacceptable Pedro needed to go after the last old firm game disappointed again this time by Motherwell. Not really sure what we do now. 

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Its not saying that they don't WANT to get to final it's just a healthy degree of realism.

We are MILES behind that mob, like it or not. 

I've seen people say "probably for the best, they'd have beaten us" which is a level of defeatism I'd never associate with Rangers. The gap in quality between us and celtic is far smaller than the gap between us and some of the teams in the Champions League knockout stages, but - back when we were in that tournament - I can't imagine any of us would have said "probably for the best we didn't make it through the group stages, we'd have just been pumped out by Barcelona or Chelsea anyway". Not the Rangers way - especially when it applies to them! 

6 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I've seen people say "probably for the best, they'd have beaten us" which is a level of defeatism I'd never associate with Rangers. The gap in quality between us and celtic is far smaller than the gap between us and some of the teams in the Champions League knockout stages, but - back when we were in that tournament - I can't imagine any of us would have said "probably for the best we didn't make it through the group stages, we'd have just been pumped out by Barcelona or Chelsea anyway". Not the Rangers way - especially when it applies to them! 

Hmm, I think I'm seeing a wider gap between us and them to be honest. 

King and his board need to decide whether he wants to try and stop 10 in a row or leave it to get to 11, 12 or more. Time is running out fast. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Also would you trust this board to pick the next manager. 

Mate I think we are honestly fucking lost in so many ways folk walking about with blindfolds on and ear defenders on. 

Someone needs to grab our club by the balls and start kicking arses!

Archived