***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

BlueMexican

5 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Pedro on Sky Sports - same starting 11 on Wednesday night :megaanguish:

If he does go with this it's the biggest boot in the balls ever for squad members who can't get a sniff at a start despite the repeated rank performances of the likes of windass and Pena. The likes of Holt, Nemane, Hardie and even Dalcio would be as well not even bothering at training.

Will be well fucked off if they 2 get a start.

If all fit:

Wes

Mccrorie.      Alves      Cardoso/Wilson

Jack             Holt

Candeais        Dorrans           John

Hardie.              Morelos.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at home to Kilmarnock would be a great time to mix it up as well. 3 at the back with mcrorie coming in drop Windass and Pena and get John further up the park and start with two forwards in Herrera and Morelos.

Pedro needs to take a step back and ask himself if he is sticking with this team on wednesday because he believes in them, or is he sticking with them because he is just being stubborn.

Time to do something slightly radical.   Play Tavernier up more up front, have McCrorie play in a three when we are in attack and then RB in defending.

Foderingam

McCrorie, Alves, Wilson/Cardoso, John

Holt, Jack

Tavernier, Barjonas, Dorrans,

Morelos.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Morelos needs a goal. In fact, the whole squad needs him to score. It’s crazy how much more confident the team looks when he’s bossing it up top.

I always remember an interview that Gordon Smith gave a while back, on RTV, where he said Jock Wallace told him he'd go through a period where the goals would dry up, but to keep working hard. Hopefully this is advice that Morelos will hear as well. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I always remember an interview that Gordon Smith gave a while back, on RTV, where he said Jock Wallace told him he'd go through a period where the goals would dry up, but to keep working hard. Hopefully that is advice that Morelos will hear as well. 

He runs himself into the ground up there on his own. It doesn’t benefit him second half. I’d say throw Herrera up there but I don’t trust a 6’2/6’3 striker who can’t win a header.

13 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Morelos needs a goal. In fact, the whole squad needs him to score. It’s crazy how much more confident the team looks when he’s bossing it up top.

To do that he needs help.

Pena being taken out of that role which mythically supports him up front would certainly help.

He needs someone to take some of the burden off him. 352 with ideally Hardie or in a bruising encounter Herrera would help.

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

He runs himself into the ground up there on his own. It doesn’t benefit him second half. I’d say throw Herrera up there but I don’t trust a 6’2/6’3 striker who can’t win a header.

I honestly think there is now a case for Tavernier becoming a winger, and I'm sure that I once saw McCrorie playing RB a few years ago. We could have a back three when we go forward. and then John could alternate between the back and wing on the other side. Drop Candeias, Pena, Windass.

Would start Ryan Hardie up front with Morelos, the buffalo can work defenders and link up, get a finisher playing off his knockdowns. Seems like every chance Hardie gets in the unders/internationals he's banging goals in. Get two strikers up front who know where the net is instead of having chances fall to Josh Windass. Peña on the bench. Or not, who cares.

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If he does go with this it's the biggest boot in the balls ever for squad members who can't get a sniff at a start despite the repeated rank performances of the likes of windass and Pena. The likes of Holt, Nemane, Hardie and even Dalcio would be as well not even bothering at training.

Will be well fucked off if they 2 get a start.

If all fit:

Wes

Mccrorie.      Alves      Cardoso/Wilson

Jack             Holt

Candeais        Dorrans           John

Hardie.              Morelos.

I think Tavs fan club will not agree with him being omitted.

But any team without Windass is worth considering.

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I think Tavs fan club will not agree with him being omitted.

But any team without Windass is worth considering.

It's nothing to do with being in the Tavernier fan club, but he has been one of our better performers, he did after all set up two goals in our last league outing. I'd drop Candeias so that Tavernier can be tried further forward, if Candeias can play left then I would do with him on that side, and Jack, Dorrans, and Holt through the middle. McCrorie on the right, and a back three when we are in attack.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's nothing to do with being in the Tavernier fan club, but he has been one of our better performers, he did after all set up two goals in our last league outing. I'd drop Candeias so that Tavernier can be tried further forward, if Candeias can play left then I would do with him on that side, and Jack, Dorrans, and Holt through the middle. McCrorie on the right, and a back three when we are in attack.

Not a bad shout 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Not a bad shout 

My son has been trying to tell me for close on a year that Tavernier would be better as a winger and I disagreed with him, till now. I think any real creativity in our side comes from him, and if Bale can be converted from defender to a more forward role then maybe do the same with Tavernier.

My son has been trying to tell me for close on a year that Tavernier would be better as a winger and I disagreed with him, till now. I think any real creativity in our side comes from him, and if Bale can be converted from defender to a more forward role then maybe do the same with Tavernier.

Never thought I'd see Bale compared to Tavernier ? 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

There has to be a shake up for Wednesday's game. Three at the ba, Tav/John wing backs. Holt, Jack, Dorrans with Herrera/Morelos. Not exactly filling me with excitement but what else is there? 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

There has to be a shake up for Wednesday's game. Three at the ba, Tav/John wing backs. Holt, Jack, Dorrans with Herrera/Morelos. Not exactly filling me with excitement but what else is there? 

I'm not convinced by Herrera, if he was going to do anything he'd be doing it by now. Morelos doesn't look right in this present set up, and we need to find someone to play alongside him. I'd like 4-4-2 back for now, but that would mean Miller or Herrera. This match is two days away and that seems a long time for some reason. It goes without saying that we will find out a lot about this squad in this match.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Well worth considering Candieas on the left. So long as Windass is not starting.

Nothing against Tav playing. In a more forward role as we know he is not the greatest defensively.

But whether Pedro will change to a back 3 is another matter.

I not against it at all but dont think it will happen i.m.o.

Assuming Pedro is still at the helm?

13 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is John in that team?

Ah right, okay; I should have expected that kind of thing. Where did I compare them in terms of what they are as players?

Depressing as it is the understanding that Tav and Candieas have on the right is one of our biggest strengths it would be mental to break that up,I'm not sure what you would gain by moving him forward as he's constantly bombing forward anyway,we looking to sign a left midfielder in January and not just shoehorn another player in there.

Archived