Moult or Herrera

pcbear

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

Both are pish and not good enough for Rangers. 

What pish! Moult is easily good enough to get a start in our current squad and would do a turn improving what we have today! I grew up in the 70's and any player showing promise up here would be instantly signed by us (or the scum) therefore robbing our rivals of talent and ensuring we had the best available and cover if required!

Don't see how anyone wouldn't take moult to be honest a goal every 2 games for Motherwell who have really struggled at times while he has been there. 

Best striker outwith us and them.

I always think that if we are going to sign a player from the spl it should be someone who is consistently excelling. Moult does that.

1 minute ago, trains said:

What pish! Moult is easily good enough to get a start in our current squad and would do a turn improving what we have today! I grew up in the 70's and any player showing promise up here would be instantly signed by us (or the scum) therefore robbing our rivals of talent and ensuring we had the best available and cover if required!

like o'halloran or scott allan? guys we were supposed to break the bank for? Walker? McClean? guys that stand out in a team of dross? You think thats whats missing? 

1 minute ago, Jam_piece said:

like o'halloran or scott allan? guys we were supposed to break the bank for? Walker? McClean? guys that stand out in a team of dross? You think thats whats missing? 

So who is standing out for you in our own team of dross?

Watched moult very carefully today .i guarantee that if we signed he would be fuckin slaughtered after his first 6 games .his touch is poor and he is as slow as fuck even his second goal although a nice finish was due to the fact he was too slow to take the ball into the box .

7 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

Ohalloran doesn’t want to be here but liked the dough we pay him and Allan never even came to us so we don’t know how he would’ve did here had he came. Louis Moult would do a job for us it almost guaranteed that boy would score goals here at ibrox. What do u think is missing? Genuine question btw

5 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Watched moult very carefully today .i guarantee that if we signed he would be fuckin slaughtered after his first 6 games .his touch is poor and he is as slow as fuck even his second goal although a nice finish was due to the fact he was too slow to take the ball into the box .

He has scored all sorts of goals this season and i will take the goals all day long, he knows where the goal is instinctively and with a nippy sthong partner like Morelos at his side that pair would score plenty.

I have a feeling Moult is the type of player that looks great when playing for SPL dross but then when he moves to a big club like Rangers he looks like a dud.

Sure he might do ok but people making out like he’s an easy answer for us upfront are deluded we have seen it so many times O’Hallaron, Templeton, Black to name just a few.

1 minute ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Ohalloran doesn’t want to be here but liked the dough we pay him and Allan never even came to us so we don’t know how he would’ve did here had he came. Louis Moult would do a job for us it almost guaranteed that boy would score goals here at ibrox. What do u think is missing? Genuine question btw

Its anything but guaranteed. We have folk shouting sack the board, get king to fuck, wheres the money. we need 30 million. 

Aye, invest 30 million and buy louis moult. 

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Maybe.

Or maybe we sign him and he's another O'Halloran who looks good for a small club but can't hack it here.

Just as likely to make it rather than a journeyman  from abroad. I'm having trouble with what we keep bringing in.  It needs to be better than what we have,  rather than just different.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Sure he might do ok but people making out like he’s an easy answer for us upfront are deluded we have seen it so many times O’Hallaron, Templeton, Black to name just a few.

And by the same token we've seen  it work with guys like Boyd, Thomson, Novo, Naismith, Andrews.

For the money Motherwell wanted for him Moult was a gamble worth taking and less of a gamble than signing a player who had never played outside of Mexico in Herrera for three times the price was too.

1 hour ago, trains said:

Moult will be bought in Jan for just under a million but sadly not by us!

Been banging the drum since last season and first game . Where I was shot down . He would make a massive difference to us in attack .

As you say . We have no chance now . We just won't spend that kind of money in Scotland .

Yet we don't have problem spending millions on Mexicans from nowhere

Just now, Jam_piece said:

Its anything but guaranteed. We have folk shouting sack the board, get king to fuck, wheres the money. we need 30 million. 

Aye, invest 30 million and buy louis moult. 

What u even on about? Invest 30 million who said that? The reason I would buy moult is 1 he scores and would score here and 2 we don’t have 30 million to invest. But yeah I agree get King so far to fuck and make sure he is put down to experience the guy is a chancer.  Sure he was going to spend 30-50 million on us. Why won’t he put us up for sale? He isn’t the man to take us forward of that there is no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Maybe.

Or maybe we sign him and he's another O'Halloran who looks good for a small club but can't hack it here.

We cant hack it here at the moment and need to find talent that can perform at the right level within the SPL. Moult is pish if we are comparing him with talent down south or in Europe but currently we cant afford that talent and spending wages on risky journeymen at the tail end of their careers is just not working! we might not like it but we need players like Moult at the moment!

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

A lot of people did want us to sign Moult in the summer though, it's not just after today they are saying that.

Not denying people wanted us to sign him in the summer but we went and got Morelos instead who has scored more goals in the league this season than the profilic Moult has.

Some seem to be ignoring that though and comparing him to Herrera instead. Whatever suits the argument I suppose.