There's no manager that can fix this

Dan Deacon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What decent manager would touch us? Squads littered with high earning pish, support demand succss and board can't offer fuck all in terms of investment 

Every other result is a red neck and we are up against a team banking more than 30 million a season.

We are fucked 

8 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Murty was to blame for tonights defeat imo

His tactics, especially after the Morelos injury, were questionable but he cannot make the 'rainbow warriors' play with heart and commitment. 

Follow With Pride, we look like the Gay Pride X1

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

The temp manager is as clueless this time as he was the last time.  The board should have left Pedro in charge until they had lined up his replacement.  The playing squad certainly isn't the best but a better manager using team selection and tactics to suit their abilities would achieve better results.   We still need some new players though and I'd hunt Miller, Windass and Hodson at the earliest opportunity.  

Wingin it comes to mind

Was goingto start a similar thread. What we need right now is a guy in charge of the team who will humiliate his selections for lack of effort. This squad does not give a fuck and are being paid handsomely. Not saying he should become permanent manager unless the board can find the right individual.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

What decent manager would touch us? Squads littered with high earning pish, support demand succss and board can't offer fuck all in terms of investment 

Every other result is a red neck and we are up against a team banking more than 30 million a season.

We are fucked 

Change of ownership is our only hope but again who would want to buy us in our current state?

Just now, duffy2391 said:

Of course there is, any decent manager can identify the core weaknesses and address them, through training, tactics or transfers. 

Who you thinking mate as I'm all out. We've no money. We're not an attractive job. No up and coming manager would risk us. No seasoned manager wants this as the end of their career.   I'm all ears and this isn't a dig at you... But our situation

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

One bad manager and one useless stop-gap.  

The board have made their bed. Letting KM run the dressing room and basically pick the team. Get Dorrans, Alves and Cardoso back. Drop Miller and Windass. Bring in Herrera or Hardie for Miller. Tell Miller any more shite and his contract is ripped up. Tell Pena if he doesn't perform then he's away in January.

I thought Tav looked seriously demoralised tonight and I think it's because he and others know damn fine Kenny M, who heads straight at goalkeepers and tries ridiculous overhead kicks, is running the show.

No point in defending Pedro now but time will tell us that KM went after him when Pedro dropped him, and PEdro was finished. That, and the poor decision to spend 33% of his cash on Pena. EDIT - Declan John was the only positive tonight, and possibly Ryan Jack. Morelos until the injury. The rest can, as they say, do one.

Just now, duffy2391 said:

Of course there is, any decent manager can identify the core weaknesses and address them, through training, tactics or transfers. 

Telling this lot they are shite is the only way with them. Reason being they are and they aint getting better being mollycoddled.

Feel bad saying it but i turned it off at 1-0. You just know we dont have the tenacity or quality to turn it around. Not letting these no marks ruin my weekends anymore when they themselves appear not givea fuck. 

Another season where i cant wait till its over. The board, the players, the club should be ashamed. But its seems that only us fucking fans thay actually care.

16 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I genuinely don't believe that. A half decent manager could get the players doing better.

Problem is the board have let us carry on without one for over a month. It's inexcusable 

The team are fuckin LOSERS period.no manager will make any difference ,open your eyes ffs.play the fuckin youths and hope they can save us from relegation.

5 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

The team are fuckin LOSERS period.no manager will make any difference ,open your eyes ffs.play the fuckin youths and hope they can save us from relegation.

Play the youths to save us from relegation?? Helpful comment.

Pedro was far from a great manager but got the team excellent results away from home. A half decent manager could sort them out

15 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

The board have made their bed. Letting KM run the dressing room and basically pick the team. Get Dorrans, Alves and Cardoso back. Drop Miller and Windass. Bring in Herrera or Hardie for Miller. Tell Miller any more shite and his contract is ripped up. Tell Pena if he doesn't perform then he's away in January.

I thought Tav looked seriously demoralised tonight and I think it's because he and others know damn fine Kenny M, who heads straight at goalkeepers and tries ridiculous overhead kicks, is running the show.

No point in defending Pedro now but time will tell us that KM went after him when Pedro dropped him, and PEdro was finished. That, and the poor decision to spend 33% of his cash on Pena. EDIT - Declan John was the only positive tonight, and possibly Ryan Jack. Morelos until the injury. The rest can, as they say, do one.

Cardoso is abysmal one of the worst CB I’ve seen in a Gers team in a long time, is Herrera any better than Miller? It’s grim whatever way you look at it.

13 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

The last manager gave the players pelters in some of his post match interviews, laid the gauntlet down and got thrown under the bus for doing it when the players failed.

Can't have it all ways

And it was shown to work for them - being inept has no consequences for any of them. What manager looks at that rabble and wants to rely on them to get him off to a good start before the transfer window?

Despise every one of them.

21 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Who you thinking mate as I'm all out. We've no money. We're not an attractive job. No up and coming manager would risk us. No seasoned manager wants this as the end of their career.   I'm all ears and this isn't a dig at you... But our situation

Agree with all your points mate, tbh my reply was snidey because I’m pissed off with the result so I’ve just answered the question directly. Realistically you are right, our scope of options narrows down our options to the answer we need.