Fod

the goal machine

Hea ok but nothing great. That run to the edge of his box in the first few mins on Saturday to challenge for a high ball that he never got near was poor. Why even think about that when there were 2 defenders going for the ball. His decision making at times is almost amateurish. If he was sold i wouldnt be upset about it 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Hea ok but nothing great. That run to the edge of his box in the first few mins on Saturday to challenge for a high ball that he never got near was poor. Why even think about that when there were 2 defenders going for the ball. His decision making at times is almost amateurish. If he was sold i wouldnt be upset about it 

Watching Sky and talking about keepers distribution

Anyone with any knowledge would say it's vital

Fod fails us on this easily .He reminds me of Ally Maxwell

A goalie that had good games but ultimately , not a clever goalkeeper by any stretch of the imagination .

The spine of our side has to be right before we can be winners again on regular basis

We have to get him sold on . Replace him .we can get in an all round better performer

11 hours ago, Mols2806 said:

Disagree with this, you need a good defence in front of you.  He has saved us many times in games. 

Nah sorry, I’m not buying that. He ships too many goals and the buck stops with him. I’ve been saying for ages, get in a new goalie.

45 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Aye he has his moments but also saves us 15 points at least a season. Our fans are fucking murder after a defeat

Goalies are there to make saves .

Costs us around 15pts a season .It's all the other parts of his game that are shite

And this is after most games

14 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I do mate.

I don't think he is good enough for us, i have tried to see him as a keeper with potential but he just doesn't fill me with confidence.

The first goalie i remember was Chris Woods, i had the yellow top and goalie gloves and idolised him, we have been spoiled since then with Goram, Klos, McGregor etc so maybe that's why i find it hard to accept him as he is poor in comparison.

Because you don't come up to the standards of those 4, don't make you a bad keeper. They are absolute tops and probably the best we have had. Those keepers were in sides that had the 2 Stevens, Laudrup Gazza , De Boer etc etc.   Heady days that are gone. I doubt there are keepers of that calibre available right now, never mind whether any Scottish team could afford them.

I don't think our long term keepers before those 4 were quite of that standard, although great servants to our club. I have only a hazy recollection of Billy Ritchie, but remember Norrie Martin, Peter McCloy and Stewart Kennedy. Those 4 keepers only managed 10 Scottish Caps between them. Woods, McGregor, and Goram had about 120 caps added together. Gas Meter had poor games a plenty yet won a Euro cup winners medal!

1 hour ago, Orange Persson said:

Because you don't come up to the standards of those 4, don't make you a bad keeper. They are absolute tops and probably the best we have had. Those keepers were in sides that had the 2 Stevens, Laudrup Gazza , De Boer etc etc.   Heady days that are gone. I doubt there are keepers of that calibre available right now, never mind whether any Scottish team could afford them.

I don't think our long term keepers before those 4 were quite of that standard, although great servants to our club. I have only a hazy recollection of Billy Ritchie, but remember Norrie Martin, Peter McCloy and Stewart Kennedy. Those 4 keepers only managed 10 Scottish Caps between them. Woods, McGregor, and Goram had about 120 caps added together. Gas Meter had poor games a plenty yet won a Euro cup winners medal!

Yes mate, i see your point, our keepers now face much more shots/pressure than those 4 did.

Fod has his moments but really is nowhere near those 4 in goalkeeping terms and we need that now to get back to our best imo.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes mate, i see your point, our keepers now face much more shots/pressure than those 4 did.

Fod has his moments but really is nowhere near those 4 in goalkeeping terms and we need that now to get back to our best imo.

Were hardly in a position to cherrypick a GK thats going to be better than what we have just now, I like big Fod but he is culpable to the odd howler would help the guy if what we call defence actually lived up to its name but, some of the defending the last few games even against Hibs has been absolutely school boy stuff. 

Would need to watch the goals from Saturday back again but the 2nd and 3rd goals I blamed John for being caught out of position seen a few folk say Fod should have saved the 2nd but.

6 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Were hardly in a position to cherrypick a GK thats going to be better than what we have just now, I like big Fod but he is culpable to the odd howler would help the guy if what we call defence actually lived up to its name but, some of the defending the last few games even against Hibs has been absolutely school boy stuff. 

Would need to watch the goals from Saturday back again but the 2nd and 3rd goals I blamed John for being caught out of position seen a few folk say Fod should have saved the 2nd but.

Not saying we should cherrypick anyone, but saying he is nowhere near the standards we are used to. Your point is valid, not just about the defence but that midfield aswell, in that they don't offer the keeper protection.

A goal at Easter Road and at Ibrox on Saturday could have been avoided had our midfield been at the edge of the box to clear the danger after Alves heads clear from the box.

Not good enough collectively, not just Fod.

1 hour ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

away and Talk shite! name me one game he has cost us this season???? 

He has cost us many games with his shite goalkeeping

From not commanding his area . Atrocious at cross balls .His distribution from the back .

The amount of times he kicks the ball out of the park

The 1-5 would be enough for me

If you like him , then fair enough . that is why our standards are so bad

He concedes quite a few that you’d expect / hope for a top keeper to save, but I honestly struggle to think of many he’s directly at fault for.

Been a couple here and there, but no more than most. I remember McGregor, Klos and Goram all having howlers too - not that he should really be compared with them anyway.