Fod

the goal machine

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I fell into the trap of thinking Fod was better than Gordon but could ye imagine Fod being tasked with keeping up an unbeaten run for that long? 

Jock Stein's corpse could be the celtic keeper and they would probably still have kept up that unbeaten run.

Whenever any sort of pressure is put on Gordon he crumbles. His kicking is fucking awful and he's slow as fuck, his only decent attribute is his shot-stopping.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Jock Stein's corpse could be the celtic keeper and they would probably still have kept up that unbeaten run.

Whenever any sort of pressure is put on Gordon he crumbles. His kicking is fucking awful and he's slow as fuck, his only decent attribute is his shot-stopping.

Then just think how bad that makes Fod, needs binned.

4 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Think of how shite Gordon is

Then think of how far away from Champions League Football and International games Fod should be, there’s yer answer.

He’s woeful, he won’t get better.

Foderingham would walk into celtic's and Scotland's team

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I like Fod but what pissed me off about him was his arse collapsing in front of the Broomloan Stand against celtic. He was visibly shaken and went on to have a nightmare. Mentally weak i think. 

100% i think he is mentally weak at ibrox in general 

Thought he could've done better with both goals tbh. One hits off him on the way in and the other is, yet again, hit into the massive space he constantly leaves for strikers when he gravitates towards his near post.

Let's praise him though because he "saved us from a pumping"

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Thought he could've done better with both goals tbh. One hits off him on the way in and the other is, yet again, hit into the massive space he constantly leaves for strikers when he gravitates towards his near post.

Na, no having that mate :lol: 

10 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

What goals are you talking about?

I'd need to see both goals again but I thought Fod was alright yesterday and made some good saves. Him and possibly Danny Wilson were the only two that came close to getting pass-marks and I feel strange saying Wilson as he's a center-half and we shipped 2 goals to Kilmarnock.

Fod does cost us some goals but I still think overall he's a decent enough goalkeeper. I don't think we could afford/attract better right now. 

As someone else said, out of all our problems he's way down the list for me.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ones he conceded in training during the week.

Good, because if it was the goals at Kilmarnock you were talking about, I would have pissed myself laughing!

Glad you cleared it up!

Just watched the re-run of yesterday's game on BT (yes I must be soft in the head) but a couple of those saves before Killie scored were excellent reflex saves, add that to the saves v Hibs and I don't think we can really accuse him of letting us down.

He seems a bit emotional at times, gets a bit flustered with the crowd on his back when he's trying to push the players in front of him up the pitch, particularly at home.  But as many have said, he's the least of our troubles we could easily win a league with him. 

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

There's a lot worse than him on the pitch, Cordoso, Alves, Bates, Windass , Pena and Herrera to name a few.

Herrera is rarely on the pitch so I refuse to count him. Pena can do a job.

Cardoso and Alves have been underwhelming. Windass blows hot and cold and Bates is a championship player at best.

Foderingham is shit though and no matter what quality of player you put in front of him he'll still concede stupid goals because he has terrible positioning and dives in slow motion. He also lets himself get intimidated by the crowd so he's probably better off back in the lower leagues of England playing in half empty grounds every week.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'd need to see both goals again but I thought Fod was alright yesterday and made some good saves. Him and possibly Danny Wilson were the only two that came close to getting pass-marks and I feel strange saying Wilson as he's a center-half and we shipped 2 goals to Kilmarnock.

Fod does cost us some goals but I still think overall he's a decent enough goalkeeper. I don't think we could afford/attract better right now. 

As someone else said, out of all our problems he's way down the list for me.

I dont give him any chance with either goals from the weekend.

The first was from inside the six yard box and a tidy finish from Boyd and the second was going miles wide before taking a massive deflection. At the game I thought he misjudged the 2nd but watching the replays, he had no chance stopping it!

2 minutes ago, Del said:

Good, because if it was the goals at Kilmarnock you were talking about, I would have pissed myself laughing!

Glad you cleared it up!

Did the first not hit off him on the way in against Kilmarnock? And did he not leave 2 thirds of the goal open for Boyd to aim at for the 2nd?

1 minute ago, RowX said:

Just watched the re-run of yesterday's game on BT (yes I must be soft in the head) but a couple of those saves before Killie scored were excellent reflex saves, add that to the saves v Hibs and I don't think we can really accuse him of letting us down.

He seems a bit emotional at times, gets a bit flustered with the crowd on his back when he's trying to push the players in front of him up the pitch, particularly at home.  But as many have said, he's the least of our troubles we could easily win a league with him. 

Some of the saves he made were even better on the highlights that I gave him credit for at the game!

He made 2-3 very very good saves!

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Did the first not hit off him on the way in against Kilmarnock? And did he not leave 2 thirds of the goal open for Boyd to aim at for the 2nd?

No.

The first one didnt touch him and the second one caught him wrong footed as it took a defection. If anything it looped over him than into an area of the goal he left wide open.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42375784

1st goal is 4:06 and 2nd is 4:34

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Herrera is rarely on the pitch so I refuse to count him. Pena can do a job.

Cardoso and Alves have been underwhelming. Windass blows hot and cold and Bates is a championship player at best.

Foderingham is shit though and no matter what quality of player you put in front of him he'll still concede stupid goals because he has terrible positioning and dives in slow motion. He also lets himself get intimidated by the crowd so he's probably better off back in the lower leagues of England playing in half empty grounds every week.

Very harsh, it's all about opinions though, I would keep Fod before all I mentioned earlier,

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

Very harsh, it's all about opinions though, I would keep Fod before all I mentioned earlier,

Fair enough.

Fod just reminds me of the guy at fives who isn't actually a keeper. He'll pull the wool over peoples' eyes with a few worldie saves that nobody expects him to make but then concede the ones you expect him to deal with easily.

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Him and possibly Danny Wilson were the only two that came close to getting pass-marks and I feel strange saying Wilson as he's a center-half and we shipped 2 goals to Kilmarnock.

Wilson caused the second goal imo, trying to bring a ball down that he should have booted clear.

He done something similar in the game V Ross County and got the ball nicked from him which lead to the goal.