Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Bernard, vanoli, stensass. All had to be worse left backs surely?

Okay but none of them held the left back position for 5 or 6 years continuously. I don't know how LW keeps getting picked his ball awareness and decision making defending is so average. Put a long high ball across the pitch at him and he's all at sea. To cap it all he's the Club Captain. Wallace didn't leave when we went into admin because he was on the best deal he is ever going to get. Naismith and all the other players who left did so because they had decent offers on more money all of them to a man. The only one who is truly loyal is big Jig and I doubt he had any offers but even if he did he wouldn't leave his Club. I cannae believe we are talking about possibly taking Naismith no knees I'm always injured on again in January. Just shows you the lunatics are running the lunatic asylum.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

no but he doesnt play them, would you say from what we have seen ofboth that bates is a better centre half than cardoso? that lee hosdon should be in the team before carlos pena?

Canny say that :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Aye I run away lol - my 10 years on here tend to say otherwise - I may not live on here and spend hours at a time like some but I’m here! .. and I’m still on here despite the personal abuse folk use when they run out of arguments like you just did 

Yass, inty them.

46 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Both will offer more on the pitch than Holt, Barjonas, Pena, Herrera, Hardie, Krancjar, Dalcio and Nemane, and they're our players.  Not ideal but likely to come back with a point to prove and, if nothing else, gives the squad more depth...I don't see us making too many signings in January. 

O'Halloran offers as much as me, fuck all.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

no but he doesnt play them, would you say from what we have seen ofboth that bates is a better centre half than cardoso? that lee hosdon should be in the team before carlos pena?

Given how poorly some of them have been playing being dropped is the least they can expect.  

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So some of the things said against Murty are ‘unfair’ - but you challenge me for challenging that unfairness? And folk say I’m strange. 

Even a great manager is only looking for second this season now - the league is not there to be won ( but in football nothing is a given) but we need to improve - I just don’t see how we help that improvement with all this negativity towards Murty ( and to me folk criticising the board for Appointing  him are dowing just that) 

everyone keeps telling me they want us to succeed, they want Murty to succeed and then go on to say why he can’t / won’t. That’s mince to me. 

Off to polish another turd. 

I agree that at best we are looking at second this season and that is the main reason why Murty should have remained as a proper interim and the board appoint a strong permanent manager as soon as possible. Its not about accepting that no matter who has the job we will finish second at best this season its really about doing all we can to try and ensure we are in the best position possible to finish first next season. Thats why we need a strong manager at the helm now as they need to unload what we can playerwise during Jan and then hopefully be in a position to secure some decent guys on loan and out of contract supplemented with the best of whatever Murty can produce from the U20's and the best we can get from the limited funds we will have in the summer.

By appointing Murty to the end of the season it feels to me that those in charge dont have the ability or financial backing to ever win the league whilst they remain involved at the Club.

1 hour ago, AM1872 said:

Okay but none of them held the left back position for 5 or 6 years continuously. I don't know how LW keeps getting picked his ball awareness and decision making defending is so average. Put a long high ball across the pitch at him and he's all at sea. To cap it all he's the Club Captain. Wallace didn't leave when we went into admin because he was on the best deal he is ever going to get. Naismith and all the other players who left did so because they had decent offers on more money all of them to a man. The only one who is truly loyal is big Jig and I doubt he had any offers but even if he did he wouldn't leave his Club. I cannae believe we are talking about possibly taking Naismith no knees I'm always injured on again in January. Just shows you the lunatics are running the lunatic asylum.

Big jig? The same McCulloch who was on circa £18k a week whilst playing in the 3rd division at 34yr old. Aye mate loyal to the core so he is. Another one who milked us for every penny he could get.

17 minutes ago, trains said:

I agree that at best we are looking at second this season and that is the main reason why Murty should have remained as a proper interim and the board appoint a strong permanent manager as soon as possible. Its not about accepting that no matter who has the job we will finish second at best this season its really about doing all we can to try and ensure we are in the best position possible to finish first next season. Thats why we need a strong manager at the helm now as they need to unload what we can playerwise during Jan and then hopefully be in a position to secure some decent guys on loan and out of contract supplemented with the best of whatever Murty can produce from the U20's and the best we can get from the limited funds we will have in the summer.

By appointing Murty to the end of the season it feels to me that those in charge dont have the ability or financial backing to ever win the league whilst they remain involved at the Club.

What you say may be true - it’s stil no reason to start or support threads like this. 

7 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Big jig? The same McCulloch who was on circa £18k a week whilst playing in the 3rd division at 34yr old. Aye mate loyal to the core so he is. Another one who milked us for every penny he could get.

His wages in div 3 grow with time - no one knows what he was on and even the wild rumours of the time had him no where near £18k pw

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What you say may be true - it’s stil no reason to start or support threads like this. 

Thats a fair point and hadn't even noticed the name of the thread but was browsing through them as usual! Murty has so much negativity around him and is already tainted (because of the board) but we should at least all try to be supportive whilst he is the man in the chair.

Didn't take long for the knives to be stuck into Murty

He's not good enough but give the guy a break, he's a youth coach being asked to do a job a lot of competent experienced managers would struggle to do

No matter how he does he deserves our respect for stepping up

32 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

£72k a month before appearances fees and bonuses.

even if that is true how does it make him any more or less loyal to the Club? 

This kind of talk used to be rife on here and to be honest it's fucking pathetic. If you think any player on this planet would say "I don't think I should be payed as much as that because I love this Club" then PM me because I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested

it's not upto players to run the club or dictate wages or budgets or to even know the financial state of a club, its one thing calling for board members to take wage cuts but to suggest any player on this planet would or should do so voluntarily is just nonsense

5 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

even if that is true how does it make him any more or less loyal to the Club? 

This kind of talk used to be rife on here and to be honest it's fucking pathetic. If you think any player on this planet would say "I don't think I should be payed as much as that because I love this Club" then PM me because I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested

it's not upto players to run the club or dictate wages or budgets or to even know the financial state of a club, its one thing calling for board members to take wage cuts but to suggest any player on this planet would or should do so voluntarily is just nonsense

And yet he came out this  summer and said he would have played for free back then to help the club. He signed a contract extension in October 2012 for 3 years at 34 yrs old. Why at that point didn't he offer to play for free having made a good amount of wages down south? He could have held his hands up and said "look, I'm 34 yr old, my legs are gone, you're paying me more than I'm worth". If he was that loyal he could have and should have.

27 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

And yet he came out this  summer and said he would have played for free back then to help the club. He signed a contract extension in October 2012 for 3 years at 34 yrs old. Why at that point didn't he offer to play for free having made a good amount of wages down south? He could have held his hands up and said "look, I'm 34 yr old, my legs are gone, you're paying me more than I'm worth". If he was that loyal he could have and should have.

giphy (7).gif

Because literally no one in their right mind would do that as I said. It's one thing to say you'd play for free if you were asked to and the situation really called for it and to believe in your heart of hearts you would do so.

It's another to suggest a professional in any trade to turn down money when it's offered by the people who's job it is to make those kinds of decisions

If Rangers asked me to play for them for free id jump at the chance but if they offered me 10 grand a week id bloody take it and so would you

LMs wages had little to no real effect on the Club in the grand scheme of things and even if paying him so much caused us problems then that's the fault of the board members not Lee McCulloch  you had one two many Tia Maria's?

It is difficult as performances suggest he has failed. Losses to Dundee, St Johnstone, Hamilton and Kilmarnock are shocking and Murty does deserve criticism for this along with the players. 

It is a balance though as I see Murty as a victim of this board too. He is a good man and we need to be careful not to hang a good man out to dry, someone who has done a good job with the 20s and stepped up when asked. 

I wouldn't necessarily say Murty has failed already. He's not got the experience or the resources available to him to really give him a fair chance.

Who has failed is the vast majority of players who step onto the park everyweek! These guys are so called 'professionals' and are absolutely embarrassing. Regardless of if if is Murty in charge or someone else the players should be self motivated and actually look interested for a change. 

11 hours ago, Gustav said:

He's not good enough but give the guy a break, he's a youth coach being asked to do a job a lot of competent experienced managers would struggle to do

While I would have agreed with you when he took the job as an interim manager while we looked for a new manager (don't laugh ) , he has seen fit to accept the job on a permanent basis till at least the end of the season . He has opened himself up for criticism like any other manager and sadly it could be the end of him at Rangers as I feel that once the pressure and abuse gets to much he will resign