Tackle on Jack

RFCRobertson

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what gets me is that there is absolutely no need for Graeme to excuse the tackle - even if he thinks its not malicious, he doesnt actually have to say to start excusing another teams player, for the simple reason that Murty doesnt actually  know if it was malicious or not. 

What he should be saying at the very least when asked the question is "I know what I think, but you will have to go and ask the Mother well player if he meant it" - the press can then fill in the blanks as they see fit.

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not really a surprise. His Mr Nice act is becoming tedious now. The players pal like Warburton. 

It’ll shine through on Saturday with lots of respect for the tarriers and hugging all their players after it as well. 

Club is a joke from top to bottom

I'll be turning the telly off as soon as the final whistle goes if we don't get a result on Saturday, as I always have. 

I think I'd put my foot through the tv if I witnessed the hugging and high fiving I've heard that goes on when they pump us nowadays 

48 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

I have never got involved with his stuff as I remember him outing a taig in a phonecall he made but slagging my Queen well now he can fucking take a dry humping off the bheasts for or all I care!

The guy can be ok at times. Thing is though for someone who admits he has no time for the Orange Order or the Royals what is he doing watching the Queens speech? Like the rest of us he must have shit loads of channels he could be watching instead? The movie on after the speech was Cinderella, maybe he was looking forward to that?

35 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not really a surprise. His Mr Nice act is becoming tedious now. The players pal like Warburton. 

It’ll shine through on Saturday with lots of respect for the tarriers and hugging all their players after it as well. 

:britney:

That makes me angrier than the humpings the mhanks give us. Where’s the “respect” to us, the fans, that pay the shitebags wages? 

4 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

It doesn't matter if a player like Hurlock or Souness got sent off at the beginning as other teams knew after that not to try it or retribution would take place. Thats why having two enforcers is always best, just fantastic if one can pass like Souness though.:dance:

Fot those who saw JG play at a time when players were tough, they'll remember no-one took the piss or JG would take action. I remember Henderson running to JG for protection when an opposition player was going to give him a kicking. Think it was the Slavia Sofia semi-final in 67, but memory not too hot sometimes.:whistle:

It wouldn't have been Henderson.

I am sure Wee Willie was a decent boxer in his day, and I don't think Willie would run from anyone.

19 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Studs were up - dangerous tackle, red card, simple. However, it was hard to spot - just one angle on the cameras caught it. In all honesty, Beaton didn’t have a bad game tonight, although I’m sure I’ll get pelters for saying that. 

No you won't  from me . It was Motherwell at Home . Not that crucial

These refs maybe biased but they are not completely stupid .

Come back after the next big game he refs against the scum or Hivs .

We can have clearer picture then

4 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

It doesn't matter if a player like Hurlock or Souness got sent off at the beginning as other teams knew after that not to try it or retribution would take place. Thats why having two enforcers is always best, just fantastic if one can pass like Souness though.:dance:

Fot those who saw JG play at a time when players were tough, they'll remember no-one took the piss or JG would take action. I remember Henderson running to JG for protection when an opposition player was going to give him a kicking. Think it was the Slavia Sofia semi-final in 67, but memory not too hot sometimes.:whistle:

Wasn't old enough to see him live (wasn't even born) but seen a few old games. Either the ball got past him, or the player got past him. But never both at the same time. 

Listened to SSB last night on the way into Ibrox, Alex Rae said something along the lines off

"Now that Murty is the manager, he will need to grow a layer of authority and to an extent intimidation. Get his own way."

And it rings true. Now look at Neil Lennon, the officials disallowed a legit goal (furthermore after our game in which Bates handled the ball) he came straight out and he blasted the officials for being so shit at their job, and he wasn't afraid to say about Jamie Walker "being rough" with McGinn. Now weather he was being rough is beside the point the fact is is Lennon has the right idea by sticking up for his teams and rightfully blasting the officials for failing in their job as per usual.

Murty has let Jack down big time with that, the last thing the boy done was make a push out of nothing and as a reward he got his knee fucked and his manager hasn't even stuck up for him. Murty should've expected the rough treatment, it was no accident that the league cup semi happened the way it did, that's what Robinson drilled into his player. 

5 minutes into the game last night, McRorie was down needing attention. Then it was Jack who got stretched off, then it was Herrera who got a burst nose and then it was Holt. The Motherwell players were being absolute thugs, there's no two ways about it. 

I do not want to be too hard on Murty, but that was a real chance missed to put down a marker about how our players are attacked on the pitch and no action taken against the offending player. If he had made that comment last night before he had seen the video I could maybe understand, but surely he should have been angered by that attack.

Very frustrating to listen to that press conference.  

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It's not an act , he's a pe teacher who shouldn't be there ,that nasty / selfish / angry streak he doesn' have is why he teaches kids