Another shambles from the referee.

Dan Deacon

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I thought he was terrible, never stamped is authority on the game and let Aberdeen away with countless little cynical fouls all game. 

He booked 3 of them. He can only really book if he thinks it's book worthy. I didnt think the early ones were for the most part, so stamping any authority is hard in such cases. If Aberdeen spread the fouling, which they did, it's impossible for a ref to stamp authority. They can't and shouldn't just say the next ones being made example of. Aberdeen were cynical but smart. Just this side of bookings mostly. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TBagalag said:

If it was the case a player had to be on his feet before being sanctioned, I would imagine managers would be instructing defenders to feign injury, stay down and get stretchered off if they committed an offence where a second booking or straight red was imminent. 

Lol, got visions of the player knowing that he was going to get sent off, staying on the deck and playing the rest of the game like some sort of crab football. Just going round on his arse on the deck trying to kick lumps out of the opposition with impunity.

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Lol, got visions of the player knowing that he was going to get sent off, staying on the deck and playing the rest of the game like some sort of crab football. Just going round on his arse on the deck trying to kick lumps out of the opposition with impunity.

????, that would be some sight ya mad man!!!

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

He booked 3 of them. He can only really book if he thinks it's book worthy. I didnt think the early ones were for the most part, so stamping any authority is hard in such cases. If Aberdeen spread the fouling, which they did, it's impossible for a ref to stamp authority. They can't and shouldn't just say the next ones being made example of. Aberdeen were cynical but smart. Just this side of bookings mostly. 

There was at least 3 that were hands on pulling players back cynical professional fouls, they are yellow cards. 

Christie leaves Candeias in a crumpled heap in the second half right in front of the dug outs, he was so late his postcard got there before him, not a word from the Ref. Aberdeen’s wee right back cuts down Murphy I think it was, straight yellow all day long he gets told that’s his final warning. 

For me he was making damn sure he kept 11 Aberdeen players on the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

There was at least 3 that were hands on pulling players back cynical professional fouls, they are yellow cards. 

Christie leaves Candeias in a crumpled heap in the second half right in front of the dug outs, he was so late his postcard got there before him, not a word from the Ref. Aberdeen’s wee right back cuts down Murphy I think it was, straight yellow all day long he gets told that’s his final warning. 

Saw Christie's on Candeias again. There was little in it. Freekick is all it was when you look at it closely. Candeias makes a bit of a meal of it, actually. 

Thought all of the others were just this side of yellow, except the Logan one, although haven't seen the first half ones back again. Also thought Shinnie's booking was a tad on the harsh side.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Saw Christie's on Candeias again. There was little in it. Freekick is all it was when you look at it closely. Candeias makes a bit of a meal of it, actually. 

Thought all of the others were just this side of yellow, except the Logan one, although haven't seen the first half ones back again. Also thought Shinnie's booking was a tad on the harsh side.

It’s all about opinions. ??

Shinnie probably got his for persistent fouls. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Who needs enemies with fans like this.

Referee and both linesmen were a fuckin nightmare all night.

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Who needs enemies with fans like this.

Referee and both linesmen were a fuckin nightmare all night.

:lol: Yeah, because a fan's job is to tow a party line in terms of how they thought the ref played. 

11 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yep, ref was very lenient, especially in the first half 

11 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Thought at the game penalty was a stone wall red card - seen the highlights not sure now - saying that - aye the ref was fuckin terrible

Sure they changed the rule and you now don't get a red card in the box for giving away a penalty.

I might be wrong.