Big test for Murty today

Carsons Dog

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He’s stood up to every big test so far and I hope today is no different. His downfall has been motivating the team v smaller opposition. 

He does seem to take an age to make a substitution however maybe he’s been looking at the bench and realised there is no one that could change the game for the better, maybe now the bench is stronger he’ll make changes earlier where needed. 

13 minutes ago, Cobham said:

He does seem to take an age to make a substitution however maybe he’s been looking at the bench and realised there is no one that could change the game for the better, maybe now the bench is stronger he’ll make changes earlier where needed. 

It's this that worries me.

The amount of times he has delayed his subs and ended up reacting to the opposition substitutions instead of taking the initiative is a bit concerning 

It certainly is another test CD and three points today is required to keep second place.

I think he is getting through to the players and they probably want to play for him which is always important, I just have no idea yet if he will be the man for the job after this season.

His reluctance to put on substitutes is a concern but I like him and hope he can succeed.

The substitute issue is a small one... but been a concern for years.

Didnt Walter and Ally always hold off until the 85th minute? Warburton made refreshing changes on 60 minutes... but never changed tactics. Pedro made a few changes with subs at varied times... but messed up elsewhere.

I think we’ll outplay them and I hope that when Cummings is brought on, it’s in place of Windass. Keep the pressure on them right to the death. Hopefully Morelos bags 1 early on. Hibs often open up and I think that will play right into Goss’ strengths. If the forward 3 in midfield stay sharp and keep looking for space then we’ll win it convincingly. 

25 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

The substitute issue is a small one... but been a concern for years.

Didnt Walter and Ally always hold off until the 85th minute? Warburton made refreshing changes on 60 minutes... but never changed tactics. Pedro made a few changes with subs at varied times... but messed up elsewhere.

Half this forum wanted Walter sacked half way through both his last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, WilliamMunny said:

Beat aberdeen 3 times and drew with celtic twice.  He has proved he can cope in big games already.  He will only improve.  Back him now and make an overall judgement once the season ends. 

Couldn't agree more.

Every game is a big test but as you say we should make an overall judgement at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Now he has more resources at his disposal today is a really big test of  his managerial ability

Ive still got nagging doubts about his ability to change the course of a game but today will give us a better idea of where we are and what type of manager he is.

Whatever we say about popcorn teeth

He will have them fired up to do us . He is also experienced enough ,to know when to change things .

I will be over the moon today .If we beat the scum second 11

2 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Agreed,  let's just hope popcorn teeth is greetin at the end of the day.

Please please please, can we win well but with the addition of dodgy decisions and penalties - would make my day.

2m7z1w1.gif

...always do the gay little skip before you kick a bunch of water bottles.

Looks like a public pitch with hardly any fans there

It was one of the best nights of my life . Without being at a game :dance:

We really knew the league had been won

2 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

Now he has more resources at his disposal today is a really big test of  his managerial ability

He has new resources at his disposal but will have to cope without the services of several players who could well have made the starting eleven.

Can't see us getting beat at all. It's in front of goal and burying the chances we get. Morelos and Cummins need the shooting boots on. Get Tav and Candias weighing in and we're pretty solid down both wings and can create plenty. Too strong for them.

Confident we take all three points, unless we get three sent off and two penalties against us.

The lemmon always makes for a good source of amusement, particularly when humped. I'm going to enjoy this.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I just don't rate Murty, The Board obviously feel the same as they brought in Jimmy Nicholl to oversee him.

Don’t agree re Nicholl they brought him in to help him not oversee him although perhaps it’s no coincidence the poor results have stopped with Nichols influence 

Murty is doing well in my eyes (and I’m apparently difficult to please) his big game record is better than Smith’s (ratio wise not numbers wise) the only thing I don’t want is if we do get beat today the daggers are our for him and all the good work undermined - stick with him were on the right track imo 

next season we will be legit challengers and that’s the first I’ve actually thought that since Smith’s last season