Murty presser today.

backup

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have heard this from every manager since we were shafted by the sfa. Play with more intensity higher tempo blah fucking blah it's ninety minutes for fuck sake and they are all on big wages compared to us as fans. they just need to get the finger out and murty needs to manage the team correctly or they can all fuck off how much of this pish are we expected to put up with.

55 minutes ago, B1872 said:

"Closer to where we want to be" ???????????

Being behind the tarriers and the sheep and only two in front of the spoon burners is not where any Rangers fan wants to be.

Hate it when the Manager comes out with this Pish.?

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

GM: This is an opportunity for us to go and put things right, and to put more points on the board.

GM: For all we are disappointed with the result, there are positives we can take.

GM: I expect a tough game and a tough challenge tomorrow night.

GM: We are closer to where we want to be, but we aren’t there yet.

GM: I have a really good relationship with the Chairman, and we have good lines of communication.

GM: Kenny is back in the squad tomorrow and is available for selection. We have to make sure we utilise the squad well.

GM: A big part of leadership is accountability, and that’s the atmosphere and culture I want here. For 10 seconds in the second half, we weren’t the best we can be, and people have put their hands up.

“We lost a game we should have won and we have a chance to go and get a win tomorrow. It’s all down to how we react – we’ve had a setback by losing one and we need to make sure we don’t make it two."

He's a distinct echo of Warburton.......a sort of mini-Warbs.

Before I retired I used to travel every week for many years from Glasgow to London to work in London.   The number of times I've sat at Glasgow airport or at Heathrow, or Gatwick on London City listening to BA trot out some excuse or other for why a flight was delayed or cancelled.    The suspicion among regular travellers was that BA had a book of excuses and just opened it at random at a page and used the excuse printed on that page.     Warbs had a stock of excuses for using in his interviews.   Murty is copying him.   It's like being trapped in some wretched management seminar where the directing staff trot out modern soundbites and try to make them sound convincing and relevant to the real world.  After a while - a very short while in my case these days - they count for nothing.  Nothing at all.

I'd prefer to hear less excuses.  Hear less about what might have been.  Less about what ifs.  Less about messages of striving.  Less about trying to create some modernistic collegiate 'we are all in this together and I ain't gonna shout at them'.     If he can't produce teams that win consistently, where players are seen to perform as a team at the top of their game consistently, then we are doomed to hear more of the modern management speak excuses every other week.     Striving is not good enough.  Only winning and establishing consistently long winning runs are good enough.

But then again the DOF and the board have set us up for this sort of excuse-laden experience where some good wins are more than undermined by some bad losses and dropped points.   Appointing a non-manager and therefore embarking on a journey of Murty moving from an L plate manager to eventually (hopefully) pick up enough nous to become a proper manager is a gamble the board has forced us to take.  So for a while to come I suspect we will have quite a few more spiels like this from Murty.    

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

Not true

I think the fact we played reasonably well in the 2nd half yet still lost is the single most alarming aspect of the whole game.  Watching back the goal it appears morelos was definitely offside and while the penalty was on the soft side it was still a penalty after a moment of madness from tavernier.  Would we have won the game if the penalty wasn't given we will never know but given the way we usually struggle I think we may not have won

2 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

What was he supposed to say? 

"It's fucking not good enough and I'm sorry to the millions of Rangers supporters around the world for another pitiful performance" and "Josh Windass isn't starting on Tuesday". Or ideally "I resign"

Just now, B1872 said:

"It's fucking not good enough and I'm sorry to the millions of Rangers supporters around the world for another pitiful performance" and "Josh Windass isn't starting on Tuesday". Or ideally "I resign"

If he came out and said it was not good enough and apologised to the fans I dare say murty would earn a lot more respect and look far less like a puppet hung out to dry.  Shows a lot of bottle to do that tho

Just now, rabc10000 said:

If he came out and said it was not good enough and apologised to the fans I dare say murty would earn a lot more respect and look far less like a puppet hung out to dry.  Shows a lot of bottle to do that tho

We have a bottler in charge of a team of bottlers.

10 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Caixinha done that and folk - including the club's PR "gurus" - lost their fucking minds

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Caixinha done that and folk - including the club's PR "gurus" - lost their fucking minds

I think that's why I liked him as a character for a bit, he wasn't scared to speak his mind although tbf some of the stuff he eventually came out with was baffling to say the least. 

3 hours ago, MasterD said:

GM: This is an opportunity for us to go and put things right, and to put more points on the board.

GM: For all we are disappointed with the result, there are positives we can take.

GM: I expect a tough game and a tough challenge tomorrow night.

GM: We are closer to where we want to be, but we aren’t there yet.

GM: I have a really good relationship with the Chairman, and we have good lines of communication.

GM: Kenny is back in the squad tomorrow and is available for selection. We have to make sure we utilise the squad well.

GM: A big part of leadership is accountability, and that’s the atmosphere and culture I want here. For 10 seconds in the second half, we weren’t the best we can be, and people have put their hands up.

“We lost a game we should have won and we have a chance to go and get a win tomorrow. It’s all down to how we react – we’ve had a setback by losing one and we need to make sure we don’t make it two."

Fair enough 

Murty haters will never be happy no matter what he says and for every sane person that’s about what you’d expect him to say. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Fair enough 

Murty haters will never be happy no matter what he says and for every sane person that’s about what you’d expect him to say. 

I'd be Happy for him to say, sadly I feel I have been overpromoted above my Abilities and have to give up this role as I'm making a cunt of it.  

Probably won't happen though.

All I can say is I’m glad there is someone like Nicholl in the mix because Murty seems too much of a mr nice guy.

I said before he’s perfectly suited for working with youths to help encourage and nurture players.

However, being a first team manager is a different ball game. The other thread on first half substitutions......Murty wouldn’t ever do that from what I can see. He doesn’t want to ruffle feathers and whilst doing it too much can cause problems you have to have that hardline at times i.e. if you don’t play well or follow my instructions I’ll sub you and/or drop you.

He should have realised from past games against Hibs to have a 3 man midfield meaning you play 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 but he either didn’t realise it, or thought we were too good for them regardless of our setup or he just didn’t want to tell Windass he was being dropped for Docherty due to the demands of the match. Whatever it was it’s a little worrying and I think if he wants the job on a full time basis he’s going to have to know when to put an arm round a player and when paste them to the wall.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'd be Happy for him to say, sadly I feel I have been overpromoted above my Abilities and have to give up this role as I'm making a cunt of it.  

Probably won't happen though.

But you are one of the irrational Murty haters - certainly the most prolific one - so it’s hardly a surprise that your critical of anything he says. 

Another car crash of a thread.

So now we want his resignation.

In summary, we have a board who have appointed 4 wrong managers now. McCall, MW, Pedro, Murty and in between tried to sign another wrong un in McInnes as it turned out.

And it's a rookie manager in Murty we want to sack?

Then it gets worse, we clamour to call for the appointment of a taig, who's achievement in his career is getting Killy five home wins, who's not even the second best taig manager in Scotland. Ah but!

Couldn't make this shite up!