• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Anyone who says Barry Ferguson needs an education :duh:

Very good player for us, but obviously not the best, his sideways passing and constant moaning was annoying. 

Has to be Gazza/Souness for me

Barry Ferguson was a fucking fantastic player for us, especially his first spell with us.  

The best midfield in my lifetime was under Advocaat.  Ferguson, albertz, gio, tugay, Reyna, McCann.  What I’d do for half of that quality right now.

Laudrup was more of a free role/second striker than a midfielder aswell. 

9 hours ago, They Gnu said:

All Hemdai ever did was break up opposition attacks, keep possession and pass it to team mates. Fuck having someone like that in your team.?

Oh aye and be one of the most important players in a team reaching a European final. 

People who slag off Barry Ferguson never actually saw him play. Everything went through him. He bossed every game he played in and for 2 - 3 seasons was simply immense for us. I remember when everyone was raving about Brown and Thomson for Hivs and Barry tore them both a new one at Easter Road! 

1 minute ago, smitzer007 said:

People who slag off Barry Ferguson never actually saw him play. Everything went through him. He bossed every game he played in and for 2 - 3 seasons was simply immense for us. I remember when everyone was raving about Brown and Thomson for Hivs and Barry tore them both a new one at Easter Road! 

I’ve no idea why cunts have any issue with Ferguson.  By far the best Scottish player to play for us in the last 20 years.

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

McDonald, Russell and McLean. The season we humbled the mighty Juventus, these three played 170 games between them. Russell, having just joined from Shettleston at 18 years of age, was the missing piece of the jigsaw. The connection between the other two was almost telepathic. Lost count of the number of goals we scored when Doddie ran beyond the forwards or at a quick free kick and he knew Wee Tam would find him. Then some guy called Cooper came along.....

Now were talkin.  Whenever anyone starts a best of,  I think back to 78.  Gordon Smith scored a power of goals that year too. Didn't need foreign players back then.

5 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Gazza,Laudrup,Baxter,Souness would take some beating

Edit* just realised that they need to have played together :mutley:

Made an arse of that, what a quartet though, can you imagine them together.   FFS imagine Baxter and Gazza out on the town afterward.