GOAT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/19/2018 at 11:59, GOAT said:

Is costing us big time. Ā The mhanky mhob have scored one more goal than us this season. Ā But theyā€™ve conceded 13 less. Ā Sort our defence out and thereā€™s not a big difference IMO. Ā 

The mhanky mhob dominate the football ( copyright The Loaf ) therefore limiting goalscoring opportunities to the opposition.

They defend from the front and the one who eats lego drops deep and offers his back 4 protection.Ā 

In reality, player for player, their back 4 are no better than ours - the one obvious exception being Tierney.

Ā 

On 19/02/2018 at 13:21, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

28th/October: Hearts 1 -3 Rangers

18th November: Rangers 0 - 2 Hamilton

24th/November: Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers

3rd/December: Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers

9th/December: Rangers 2 - 1 Ross County

13th/December: Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers

16th/December: Rangers 1 - 3 St.Johnstone

23rd/December: Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

28th/January Ross County 1 - 2 Rangers

3rd/February Rangers 1 - 2 Hibs

18th/February Hamilton 3- 5 Rangers.

That's 19 league goals conceded since Murty took control.Ā  Under Pedro we conceded 12 league goals prior to his sacking in October.Ā  Blaming Pedro for our defensive stats at this stage is wide of the mark.

We should be a lot closer to celtic than we are now and you can't blame Pedro for that.Ā  17 points dropped in total since Murty took over and it's extremely frustrating because we could've pushed celtic this season.Ā  A win against Hibs last weekend and right now we would be a mere 6 points behind celtic with two Old Firm games to go.Ā  Hibs, St,Johnstone, and Kilmarnock are half decent sides so I guess we could forgive those defeats.Ā  However, those results against Hamilton and Dundee under Murty back in November have really cost us.

Ā 

You've failed to include:

4th November Rangers 3-0 Partick Thistle

29th November Rangers 3-0 AberdeenĀ 

27th December Rangers 2-0 MotherwellĀ 

30th December celtic 0-0 RangersĀ 

24th January Rangers 2-0 AberdeenĀ 

6th February Partick thistle 0-2 RangersĀ 

For all our defensive frailties we've still kept 6 clean sheets and 5 games where we've only conceded 1. We've conceded 19 goals in his 17 league games(1.1 goals per game avrg), scored 32(1.8 goals per game avrg) and dropped 17 points(1 point per game avrg).

Under caixinha we conceded 12 in 10 league games(1.2 goals per game Avrg), scored 21 goals(2.1 goals per game avrg) and dropped 12 points(1.2 points per game avrg).

Ā 

On average we are conceding less and dropping less points under Murty than we were under Pedro. We dropped points to hearts,hibs,celtic,Partick thistle and Kilmarnock and the start to our season was vitally important which pedro fucked up so I'm afraid I do blame pedro for where we are now. We are marginally better under Murty but with players to come back from injury I think we'll get even better as the season ends and there's actual direction in where we are going now.Ā 

Ā 

On 19/02/2018 at 13:29, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The OP was speaking exclusively about the league when he mention we have conceded 13 goals more than celtic.Ā  The thread was about us having scored just as many, but we're conceding more, and that's been the difference between the two teams. Ā  You suggested our poor defensive record was due to Pedro and the stats don't support that.Ā 

The stats doĀ 

On 19/02/2018 at 13:13, Blue Avenger said:

Don't know about big time,Ā but we have beenĀ doing make shift for a long time.

Bates has plently potential. In Martin I expected more, but he's still setting in. Alves, I just don't trust in being here for all the wrong reasons and hasn't set the heather on fire.

The best central defensive pairing would probably be McCrorie and Bates and one for title winnng team for a long time to come. However McCrorie is also a stalwart in centre mid, where we do need his presence.

We have Tav who does have his defensive frailties, but got to say Bates covers for him well, when he's on his attacking forays.

John on the other side, another one with defensive frailties, but overall I think he contributes much to the team effort, much like Tav.

Made a point of watching the positioning of the wide defenders in the EPL recently and I've got to say, they are caught out of position repeatedly on oppo counter attacks and not stopping cross balls,Ā so they're not all that. They depend a lot in the abilityĀ of their keepers and central defenders. Those two cunts they have at ManU are a bomb scare and if it wasn't for de Gea, they would be getting pumped every other week.

We have a keeper who is the best short range shot stopper in the land, does struggle with long range shots and he needs to improve on this.Ā 

The midfield is still a bit makeshift and new players still settling in.Ā Think Murty needs to decide on his best 11 when all those with injuries come back and he goesĀ with it and get them all clicking.

I see great signs of improvement. Of course we are not the finished article, but we have the beating of the scum and just need to get that consistency and that is alreadyĀ improving.

For me, I appreciateĀ the progress being made. Just get the fucking sub's on earlier!

Of course we over analyse and be over critical in defeat as it's our team, but we ain't that bad and we can take those taig cunts. I maybe over optimistic, but if we win all our games before the split, the title challenge is on. Those cunts are imploding.

Lastly, we can all do hard ass and decide we want full backs who can defend first and foremost. A keeper with less weaknesses. Lets be honest here, the current readily apparent weakness will always reappear, such is their DNA. However, to think of moving them on,Ā In doing so we lose their strengths. Do the pro's outweighĀ the con's. That is the question.

Ā 

Ā 

Will you stop using apostrophes incorrectly ??Ā  Ā Ā  Ā Apart from that not too bad a post although Foderingham doesn't command his box and is dodgy at crosses.Ā  We have lost a fair few goals from headers inside our 6 yard box.

On ā€Ž19ā€Ž/ā€Ž02ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 13:21, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

28th/October: Hearts 1 -3 Rangers

18th November: Rangers 0 - 2 Hamilton

24th/November: Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers

3rd/December: Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers

9th/December: Rangers 2 - 1 Ross County

13th/December: Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers

16th/December: Rangers 1 - 3 St.Johnstone

23rd/December: Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

28th/January Ross County 1 - 2 Rangers

3rd/February Rangers 1 - 2 Hibs

18th/February Hamilton 3- 5 Rangers.

That's 19 league goals conceded since Murty took control.Ā  Under Pedro we conceded 12 league goals prior to his sacking in October.Ā  Blaming Pedro for our defensive stats at this stage is wide of the mark.

We should be a lot closer to celtic than we are now and you can't blame Pedro for that.Ā  17 points dropped in total since Murty took over and it's extremely frustrating because we could've pushed celtic this season.Ā  A win against Hibs last weekend and right now we would be a mere 6 points behind celtic with two Old Firm games to go.Ā  Hibs, St,Johnstone, and Kilmarnock are half decent sides so I guess we could forgive those defeats.Ā  However, those results against Hamilton and Dundee under Murty back in November have really cost us.

Ā 

The 17pts dropped is a shocker of a statistic and for those who are saying Murty is the answer long term they have to look at that and re-evaluate their assessment.

Look, don't get me wrong the guy was placed in a difficult situation and I applaud him for trying his best but I just feel had we appointed a more competent manager within weeks of the Pedro sacking we could have been in a much better position than we are now.

4 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You've failed to include:

4th November Rangers 3-0 Partick Thistle

29th November Rangers 3-0 AberdeenĀ 

27th December Rangers 2-0 MotherwellĀ 

30th December celtic 0-0 RangersĀ 

24th January Rangers 2-0 AberdeenĀ 

6th February Partick thistle 0-2 RangersĀ 

For all our defensive frailties we've still kept 6 clean sheets and 5 games where we've only conceded 1. We've conceded 19 goals in his 17 league games(1.1 goals per game avrg), scored 32(1.8 goals per game avrg) and dropped 17 points(1 point per game avrg).

Under caixinha we conceded 12 in 10 league games(1.1goals per game Avrg), scored 21 goals(2.1 goals per game avrg) and dropped 12 points(1.2 points per game avrg).

Ā 

On average we are conceding less and dropping less points under Murty than we were under Pedro. We dropped points to hearts,hibs,celtic,Partick thistle and Kilmarnock and the start to our season was vitally important which pedro fucked up so I'm afraid I do blame pedro for where we are now. We are marginally better under Murty but with players to come back from injury I think we'll get even better as the season ends and there's actual direction in where we are going now.Ā 

Also important to remember that Pedro had Dorrans, JackĀ and Alves available for basicallyĀ the whole time he was here at the start of the season whereas Murty hasn't had that luxury.

Tavernier & McCrorie are good enough. Martin & Bates are fine back ups.

Ā 

Iā€™d sign Cadden as back up for the entire right side. For some reason we signed John so I suppose heā€™ll back the back up for the left next season, even though Iā€™d prefer it to be Wallace.Ā Might sound harsh but I guess we should try and move Wallace on.

Ā 

Spend some good money on a 24/25 year old centre back and a 24/25 year old left back ideally in the summer.

8 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Tavernier & McCrorie are good enough. Martin & Bates are fine back ups.

Ā 

Iā€™d sign Cadden as back up for the entire right side. For some reason we signed John so I suppose heā€™ll back the back up for the left next season, even though Iā€™d prefer it to be Wallace.Ā Might sound harsh but I guess we should try and move Wallace on.

Ā 

Spend some good money on a 24/25 year old centre back and a 24/25 year old left back ideally in the summer.

Would take Cadden.Ā 

On 19/02/2018 at 14:29, Ibroxholm said:

I think our main problem is in front of the CBā€™s and at full back. Ā We improved significantly when we had McCrorie playing at defensive midfield, giving cover in frontĀ our CBā€™s and filling in for Tav and John when required. Although goodĀ going forward both full backs are not great defensively, particularly John.

Bates is our best CB option from a defensive standpoint imo. Ā We need to find someone to partner him who isĀ comfortable on the ball. Ā I hoped Cardoso would do that job but he is really weak defensively imo. Ā Not sure if Alves and Bates would be a good mix together so Bates-Martin looks the best option to go with.

Ā 

Spot on.

Its easy enough to say it's down to the defence, but there's so many examples even from the best squads where world class defenders have been left exposed due to the usual DM being injured or suspended. Ā 

Jack and McCrorie have both been missed in regard to that.