Am an auld bassa...

rab wilson

...but did the stadium tour today.the host norman was magic by the way.ive never been inside the doors of the marble halls.i was like a wee boy.we have that massive bit of class that sets us apart from any other club.a wee tear was shed watching the tape all about us at the start.walking down the tunnel my heart was thumping and seeing ibrox in all her magnificence at ground level was quite overwhelming.even as a season ticket holder i never realised how massive ibrox is.

But the blue room really got me.the mural of davie cooper finished me when norman started talking about him.started weeping like a wean for my all time hero. Trophy room absolute majestic.

But norman, the guy who told me not to change the words to the songs whilst there or we would all be in trouble, thanks very much for being a great ambassador for our unique club and portraying it in such a way ., that it left this big cunt feeling 10 ft tall when he left.

No Surrender 

Rab

Took my auld man round the tour last summer - he was gobsmacked. Just watched him getting lost on a mountain of memories. Each part of the tour he took just seemed to overwhelm him more and more. 

Think his highlight was sitting in the homedressjng room between the shirts of Baxter and Woodburn. And you're right, Rab. Norman is a fantastic tour guide. 

Done both the tour and founders tour 3 times with the grandchildren. And when you are older and step in to our stadium we shed the years and become young again. Your love for our great club grows and grows and will be with us until the day we die.

2 hours ago, rab wilson said:

...but did the stadium tour today.the host norman was magic by the way.ive never been inside the doors of the marble halls.i was like a wee boy.we have that massive bit of class that sets us apart from any other club.a wee tear was shed watching the tape all about us at the start.walking down the tunnel my heart was thumping and seeing ibrox in all her magnificence at ground level was quite overwhelming.even as a season ticket holder i never realised how massive ibrox is.

But the blue room really got me.the mural of davie cooper finished me when norman started talking about him.started weeping like a wean for my all time hero. Trophy room absolute majestic.

But norman, the guy who told me not to change the words to the songs whilst there or we would all be in trouble, thanks very much for being a great ambassador for our unique club and portraying it in such a way ., that it left this big cunt feeling 10 ft tall when he left.

No Surrender 

Rab

Good on you Rab, I felt the same when I did it a few years ago.

The tour feeling sticks in your mind forever.

Done the tour quite a few times, been in hospitality loads and the lad usually comes in to the box and asks if any there is any young guns that have not done the tour yet and everyone of us in our forties always say 'me mate' ha ha, love sitting in the dugout and walking on to the pitch, goosebumps every time.