Murty

stewaj3

5 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Aye because they aren't going to select Brown just because he plays for celtic, you get the point I'm making surely? Giving needless praise to those cunts whilst its never reciprocated. 

They could have easily selected one of the other 3 or 4 MF in the squad that played for EPL/Championship sides and no cunt would have ever suggested it was because he plays for them :lol:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

They could have easily selected one of the other 3 or 4 MF in the squad that played for EPL/Championship sides and no cunt would have ever suggested it was because he plays for them :lol:

Both selected him whilst Scotland manager as they believed he worked best in their respective sides, I'm still struggling to see what point you're making. All I was saying was that I don't believe we shouldn't be giving them as much praise as we seem to do at any given opportunity, that's just my opinion considering how they have behaved in recent years. 

7 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Both selected him whilst Scotland manager as they believed he worked best in their respective sides, I'm still struggling to see what point you're making. All I was saying was that I don't believe we shouldn't be giving them as much praise as we seem to do at any given opportunity, that's just my opinion considering how they have behaved in recent years. 

I get the point you're making and I agree with you. All I'm saying is that there's no way in fucken hell any Rangers employee is going to into a PC, be asked a question regarding them and say anything less than neutral at best. Its hardly praise to state that Scott Brown has been a good pro, looked after himself and rarely let Scotland down (by standard Scotland has for players for the last decade or so).

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I get the point you're making and I agree with you. All I'm saying is that there's no way in fucken hell any Rangers employee is going to into a PC, be asked a question regarding them and say anything less than neutral at best. Its hardly praise to state that Scott Brown has been a good pro, looked after himself and rarely let Scotland down (by standard Scotland has for players for the last decade or so).

Aye I suppose, I'm just a bitter cunt these days when it comes to stuff like that.

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Aye I suppose, I'm just a bitter cunt these days when it comes to stuff like that.

With 100% good reason, lets be honest. We've been booted fuck out of on and off the park for half a decade. I just hate the sentiment of that's him praising them again he does whenever he gets a chance. No he fucken doesn't. He's answered questions in the most diplomatic way he can possible do. Don't forget the position that he holds has been one of dignity and respect throughout our history. I for one, despite all the doings we've taken from all and sundry, don't want that tradition thrown out the window by any Rangers manager and I certainly don't expect a man like Murty who is a relative nobody, with all due respect to him, to be the one starting or leading that fight. I expect him to get this Rangers to team to its full potential and he's done that so far imo.

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

What you mean an endorsment like Walter and Eck picking him in Scotland starting line ups ahead of a number of other very, very good MFs available for selection at the time?

Honestly what do you think he realistically could have said that wouldn't have caused any controversy at all?

"Gee these cunts nothing to write about" isn't that the mantra? Unless of course we have an agenda against whoevers giving the press conference and at the point we reserve the right to move they particular goal posts. Do they have wheels on to make it easier for you aye?

Thought he handled the Lego Eater question very well. 

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:16, JCDBigBear said:

I anticipate a bit of flak but I still don't rate Murty.  He's a coach but never a manager.   The signings brought in by Mark Allen have made a big difference but Murty's tactics at times leave us vulnerable.  For example, last week Candeias had an off day but was left on the park for the entire game.  Instead of taking him off for Cummings he took off Morelos.  He also didn't make the change until 79 minutes.  This week it was Windass who was almost anonymous (except for two glaring misses) who stayed on for the entire match.  Again he subbed Morelos bringing on Cummings but again waited until 75 mins which was too late.   Cummings was clearly frustrated and got himself booked because of that frustration.    We outplayed Hearts but while it was only 1 nil we could have lost a daft equaliser.  Murty needs to make substitutions earlier and not just like for like.

I still believe the board took a big gamble in appointing him until the end of the season and then (as I understand it) making it clear through a comment made by the DOF to the effect that the job really was his to lose in Summer.   So unless a football catastrophe unfolds over the rest of the season (not looking likely at present) then it seems to me the job will be his on a longer term basis after this season.   He's still a rookie though.   And its still , imo,  a big gamble that the board is taking with Murty.

Will Murty be able to handle the demands of a 'heavy' (Murty's own words) squad for the rest of the season and then take good decisions on who goes and who comes in so that next season there is a more capable squad ready to mount a proper title challenge right from the opening game?   I don't know but his lack of direct relevant experience is bound to be a factor as he's not got the knowhow and track record of knowing what it takes to produce a squad that performs at the top of its game for the duration of a season and as a result is a serious title contender.  He's still building his experience bank.

That brings me to what I think is the most important point about Murty and about the boards' decision to appoint him.    Does the whole board believe  - no doubts - no reservations of any sort - that Murty has the capability to produce a title winning side in the very near future?    

Learning on the job and building experience and all that is all very well.   Its fine at smaller clubs who have less ambition.    But at Rangers a title must be won and won soon.    Doing that with a rookie manager who is still learning the managerial ropes looks to me to be a very tall order and an even bigger gamble.  Does he have what it takes in leadership qualities and managerial skill and with a single minded focus on title winning success?     I don't see it .   Not yet anyway.   And if its a case of needing to be prepared to let the experiment with Murty run its course then that's the way it'll need to be.  Besides which the Club could not afford the quality of manager needed to deliver the title in quick order so for the foreseeable future its all bets on Murty with no other options.     The debate about Murty will have to turn at some stage to a debate about whether Murty has what it is needed to wrest the title away from the other lot.   Fawning to them from time to time does not help his case imo.  

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

I still believe the board took a big gamble in appointing him until the end of the season and then (as I understand it) making it clear through a comment made by the DOF to the effect that the job really was his to lose in Summer.   So unless a football catastrophe unfolds over the rest of the season (not looking likely at present) then it seems to me the job will be his on a longer term basis after this season.   He's still a rookie though.   And its still , imo,  a big gamble that the board is taking with Murty.

Will Murty be able to handle the demands of a 'heavy' (Murty's own words) squad for the rest of the season and then take good decisions on who goes and who comes in so that next season there is a more capable squad ready to mount a proper title challenge right from the opening game?   I don't know but his lack of direct relevant experience is bound to be a factor as he's not got the knowhow and track record of knowing what it takes to produce a squad that performs at the top of its game for the duration of a season and as a result is a serious title contender.  He's still building his experience bank.

That brings me to what I think is the most important point about Murty and about the boards' decision to appoint him.    Does the whole board believe  - no doubts - no reservations of any sort - that Murty has the capability to produce a title winning side in the very near future?    

Learning on the job and building experience and all that is all very well.   Its fine at smaller clubs who have less ambition.    But at Rangers a title must be won and won soon.    Doing that with a rookie manager who is still learning the managerial ropes looks to me to be a very tall order and an even bigger gamble.  Does he have what it takes in leadership qualities and managerial skill and with a single minded focus on title winning success?     I don't see it .   Not yet anyway.   And if its a case of needing to be prepared to let the experiment with Murty run its course then that's the way it'll need to be.  Besides which the Club could not afford the quality of manager needed to deliver the title in quick order so for the foreseeable future its all bets on Murty with no other options.     The debate about Murty will have to turn at some stage to a debate about whether Murty has what it is needed to wrest the title away from the other lot.   Fawning to them from time to time does not help his case imo.  

I can’t remember Walter being anything but respectful about them when he managed us.

Walter showed his ‘respect’ by beating them more often than not.

Walter had also no experience of managing when he took over. He did ok! 

There are no definately in this world and even an experienced manager might not have achieved what GM has. 

Hindsight is always easy but the board have made a decent decision and we should back that instead of all this navel gazing and what if commentary.