Candeias .. Best Signing of The Season?

Ace

He was my MOTM today by a country mile.

His work rate in both attack AND defence is outstandingly good. The amount of chances he's created, including the ones that haven' been converted are best in the league.

Also, never mind his personal contribution, let's not forget what he's done for Tavernier.  Without a doubt, Tav wouldn't be the player he currently is without Candeias input & all around work.

For me, the best buy the club has made this season & my choice for POTY.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game he had today. He was still sprinting around in injury time the guy is an absolute machine. Jamie murphy seems to graft like fuck as well. You can see that helps Declan John in the same way as candeias/tav

1 minute ago, SK RFC said:

What a game he had today. He was still sprinting around in injury time the guy is an absolute machine. Jamie murphy seems to graft like fuck as well. You can see that helps Declan John in the same way as candeias/tav

Agree with all of this.:tu:

2 minutes ago, SK RFC said:

It' certainly helps improve Decs defending to know that someone will drop in behind when he goes forward.

7 minutes ago, Gustav said:

He's excellent but that's ridiculous, Morelos is our best signing since Jelavic.

I don't think it's ridiculous, reason I put a question mark.

However, I think that his contribution to the team & how his game has also improved others outweighs what Morelos (and by God, he's good too) does.

36 minutes ago, Ace said:

He was my MOTM today by a country mile.

His work rate in both attack AND defence is outstandingly good. The amount of chances he's created, including the ones that haven' been converted are best in the league.

Also, never mind his personal contribution, let's not forget what he's done for Tavernier.  Without a doubt, Tav wouldn't be the player he currently is without Candeias input & all around work.

For me, the best buy the club has made this season & my choice for POTY.

He was outstanding today, no doubt, I also agree his work rate and effort have brought Tav in too so it’s hard to argue against your point of best signing. Just wish Dorrans hadn’t been targeted by the cloggers and injured without question by refs and jack targeted to be wrongly sent of then allowed again to be kicked off the park without reproach, then the recent signings of Murphy and Docherty all in all we’ve recruited well this year, and as much as were in it this year we are smashing it next. 

21 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Jack yes, but Dorrans should walk straight back in.

In place of whom, Docherty or Goss (or McCrorie) 

I do think that when Goss goes back, Dorrans is his natural replacement 

This is worth a read if anyone is interested: https://thebackpassrule.com/2018/02/15/daniel-candeias-has-quietly-put-together-a-great-season/

Capture.thumb.PNG.6ad2fbb5dd1d01768c5cd89d20bee299.PNG

"Looking at Candeias’ pass map from open play this season above, it is no surprise to see most of his contributions have come from that right wing. From that wing, Candeias has found James Tavernier for 10 key passes, Alfredo Morelos 9 key passes, and Josh Windass for 9 key passes. Most would agree those three are Rangers most dangerous attacking threats, so the Portuguese winger finding them so often has certainly helped lead to his success this year. Furthermore, looking at where the average location for those players were when Candieas set them up for a shot, we see all of three of them located in the “Danger Zone”. This is the area in the 18 yard box in between the 6 yard box and these shots have been found to be the most likely to be scored. When Daniel Candieas is setting up the likes of Morelos and Windass, he is finding them in the most dangerous locations on the pitch where they can score goals."

Candeias is a key player for us.  The quality of his attack to one side you see today how dogged he is defensively.  Should be one of the first names on the team sheet each week.