RFC55

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

GRAEME MURTY insists he hasn’t given up on signing Sean Goss long-term — even though QPR have issued a ‘hands-off’ warning.

Midfield ace Goss has been a big hit at Rangers since his loan move from the Championship outfit last month.

Goss, 22, starred as Gers dumped Hearts 2-0 last weekend, and he will be a key man against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park tonight.

Boss Murty said: “Sean Goss is one of a number of players we are looking to bring in on a permanent deal.

“The evolution of the squad never stops, and we are always assessing people as to where they would fit in to what we do.

“Goss has made a really good start, and has shown he understands how we want to play and the demands of playing for Rangers at Ibrox. He looks quite comfortable doing that.

“He kind of goes under the radar a bit because at the moment the players getting the headlines are the likes of Jamie Murphy, Alfredo Morelos, Josh Windass and Daniel Candeias.

“They are the guys who are maybe the flashier players, but Goss brings stability to the side. He has a lovely range of passing, and he’s always willing to take the ball.

think Sean’s added a control to our play that we’ve needed.

“I’m really pleased with his contribution so far, although I still think there’s more to come from him.

“QPR have said: ‘You’re not having him, keep your hands off’. But football situations like that tend to be quite fluid.”

Rest of the article is about Scotland so left it out. 

Good to see he's being looked it for the summer. It will take pena money possibly even more to make it happen though imo. Yes a very good player and he has a bit of dig about him. 

Hopefully we can get him for good rather than just permanently :pipe:

13 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

He was still under contract at Man United but chose to leave. They have a buy back clause as well but doubt they'll activate it. 

Players have enough power to make contracts virtually meaningless these days, although the fee may be an issue.

There is a difference though There was never a chance he was going to get a run in a Man Utd team and if they have a buyback clause I can't ever see it happening. I can, however, see him getting a start for QPR because although they have heaps of midfielders, I would have him playing for me in that team....With a bit of luck, Holloway won't fancy him and we will get a shot at getting him permanent. (depending on what they want for him of course)  He and Docherty have the makings of a great pairing for us.