The Murty Man speaks.

Smile

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think you're pick and choosing what you want here in order for it to fit with your argument.

As an example of doing likewise, 2 of the 3 clubs Clarke's managed have ended in absolute disasters.

Half of the clubs that Warnock has been at have ended in absolute disaster yet a good proportion of our fans would have him as their first choice.

De Boer at Inter and Palace is concerning, but he didn't get much time at either club. Ajax are a similar club to ours in that they're the biggest and most successful club in their country, probably also the most loathed, and had gone 5 odd years without winning their league before De Boer arrived.

You also can't tell me players in the market we'd be looking at wouldn't be excited to play for De Boer with the career he's had playing and the calibre of players he's managed.

Given that any manager will have little budget there is nothing in FDB past that suggests he would do well with that. There is a big difference with Ajax academy and ours for producing players that can go into the first squad. He won’t have that, he won’t know the market for players that well and he will expect a sizeable salary. 

10 minutes ago, roboscot said:

Östersunds have an interesting mix in the squad.  Mostly Swedes with a couple of English players with the rest from Ghana/Nigeria/Iran/Iraq/Palestine. 

The boy Ghoddos that's one of their star players only cost £68k according to Transfermrkt.

13 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ironic that you say that and then follow it up by bringing 2 managers I haven't mentioned into the discussion.

You tried to compare McCoist's lower league wins with Potter's when they're not comparable.

It's not ironic at all when I've said "here's me doing the same" to fit my argument that De Boer is a good choice against others who have been favoured. It would have been ironic if I've called you out on picking and choosing then done the same oblivious to the fact.

The point I was getting at with the McCoist comparison is that lower league titles don't carry much weight full stop.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's not ironic at all when I've said "here's me doing the same" to fit my argument that De Boer is a good choice against others who have been favoured. It would have been ironic if I've called you out on picking and choosing then done the same oblivious to the fact.

The point I was getting at with the McCoist comparison is that lower league titles don't carry much weight full stop.

They don't carry much weight when you've got a budget that dwarves the rest of your competition and a squad filled with players who should be at a higher level. That wasn't the case for Potter hence it being a poor comparison.

You backed up your argument for De Boer by mentioning that Clarke and Warnock had bad spells in their careers. The difference is they've also bounced back from that to rebuild their reputations. De Boer is still unemployed months down the line and has barely even been linked to another job other than ours and that's only because he's played for us previously. He's a one dimensional manager who is hopeless once the opposition suss out his 1 set of tactics. The Dutch Warburton.

10 hours ago, Siwel said:

Not a chance 

Kilmarnock have some work to do but they can still finish higher than 5th.  Killie play Partick Thistle tomorrow which is a guaranteed 3pts for them and they still have a game in hand.  Kilmarnock are one of the best teams in the league right now capable of beating just about anyone including the Old Firm teams.  I think there's a every chance they'll finish strongly after the split.

Capture.thumb.PNG.64c9f066a12a27b801feae00eb5b3a3f.PNG

8 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think you're pick and choosing what you want here in order for it to fit with your argument.

As an example of doing likewise, 2 of the 3 clubs Clarke's managed have ended in absolute disasters.

Half of the clubs that Warnock has been at have ended in absolute disaster yet a good proportion of our fans would have him as their first choice.

De Boer at Inter and Palace is concerning, but he didn't get much time at either club. Ajax are a similar club to ours in that they're the biggest and most successful club in their country, probably also the most loathed, and had gone 5 odd years without winning their league before De Boer arrived.

You also can't tell me players in the market we'd be looking at wouldn't be excited to play for De Boer with the career he's had playing and the calibre of players he's managed.

I watched Cardiff v Wolves last night.

I got what people who fancied Warnock were saying - until then.

Cardiff were utter mince & even found time to rub that in by missing 2 injury time penalties.