The Murty Man speaks.

Smile

30 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

He has taken them from the 4th Division to the last 32 of the Europa league in 6 seasons, that is like taking Stenhousemuir to the Europa league knockouts and beating Arsenal at the Emirates doing so in the space of 6/7 seasons.

It sounds good but is it repeatable, how did he do it did he have a massive financial backing compared to everyone else around him or was it his tactics and coaching ability?

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, he isn't. Lennon is, if you mean Premiership. 

He couldn't save Alloa, then had them second. Done well with St Mirren but realistically they should be at the top.

He's done well, I know. Don't know if they're a team that only done it with high levels of money or whatever. Jimmy Nicholl is the same, never changed anything let's be fair.

I’d put Clarke’s achievement ahead of Lennon although it’s hard to be neutral where that bastard is concerned! Lennon has gradually built that team, whereas Clarke was parachuted in when Killie were in freefall. 

As far as the championship is concerned, I would suggest that Dundee United would be favourites ahead of St Mirren. But it’s a tough league and his team have walked it and he’s raised a few bob for them too through the sale of Lewis Morgan.

If we had loads to spend, my choices might be different but, given where we are, these three are our best bets

So no Windass having had 16.5 stone of Motherwell player landing on him, not trained this week and not playing tomorrow.  He's tender it seems.   And Fod carrying an injury and didn't train today, so I guess that's a signal that he won't be playing.  

The press sure do give him an easy gentle time.   Subdued and with kid gloves.    

48 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Says he can't change anything during games and it's completely up to the players once they cross the line. 

D7T9j7Pk_400x400.png

If I wasn't done with him before that's just gone and sealed it. A youth coach and nothing more.

59 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s a good talker that’s for sure. Don’t know if he would throw a fitba boot at someone though. ? 

That's exactly what we need man but if it was me I'd be throwing something bigger than a fitba bit about ?

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It sounds good but is it repeatable, how did he do it did he have a massive financial backing compared to everyone else around him or was it his tactics and coaching ability?

It was defiantly his tactics and coaching ability. I had a look back on there transfer history since he took over. He's had to fill his squad using free transfers and loan signings. Aside from wages the only money signing potter has made was 68K.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I’d put Clarke’s achievement ahead of Lennon although it’s hard to be neutral where that bastard is concerned! Lennon has gradually built that team, whereas Clarke was parachuted in when Killie were in freefall. 

As far as the championship is concerned, I would suggest that Dundee United would be favourites ahead of St Mirren. But it’s a tough league and his team have walked it and he’s raised a few bob for them too through the sale of Lewis Morgan.

If we had loads to spend, my choices might be different but, given where we are, these three are our best bets

I'd put Clarke ahead of Lennon. No Rangers fan can be neutral when it comes to him. Clarke turned a killie team around mid season with a squad he's inherited. Lennon has had time to build his squad.

Potter would be a great shout for the job based on what's he done with almost limited transfer budget. Our only issue is teams in England have taken notice now and we may get priced out.

I think it's too much too soon for Jack Ross. He's done really well in the championship but so did Warburton. It would be too much risk for me.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It was defiantly his tactics and coaching ability. I had a look back on there transfer history since he took over. He's had to fill his squad using free transfers and loan signings. Aside from wages the only money signing potter has made was 68K.

I'd put Clarke ahead of Lennon. No Rangers fan can be neutral when it comes to him. Clarke turned a killie team around mid season with a squad he's inherited. Lennon has had time to build his squad.

Potter would be a great shout for the job based on what's he done with almost limited transfer budget. Our only issue is teams in England have taken notice now and we may get priced out.

I think it's too much too soon for Jack Ross. He's done really well in the championship but so did Warburton. It would be too much risk for me.

Biggest question for Potter then is can what he’s done at Ostersunds be repeated at a higher level of club that is expected to win every week.

Murty will not be the manager next season and I think he knows that. He stepped up when asked and for that I thank him. I suspect the board already have a manager lined up but will not announce it as long as we are in the cup. I just wonder if the reason Wilson was let go was due to the incoming manager not rating him. 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Biggest question for Potter then is can what he’s done at Ostersunds be repeated at a higher level of club that is expected to win every week.

It's that expectation, that, for me, puts a doubt in my mind about every manager folks have been mentioning. Reading there of potters achievements is pretty impressive and for me has to be up there for consideration. But again I, like you have said would have doubts about the expectation of winning every game. 

I know it won't happen but there's only one man who I believe and would trust to turn us around and that's Sir Walter Smith. 

Wont happen but like I said he's the only man I would have 100% faith in

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

He’s a good talker that’s for sure. Don’t know if he would throw a fitba boot at someone though. ? 

If Murty tried that would probably be an underarm girls throw and the boot would just plop at the guys feet.

6 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

If Murty tried that would probably be an underarm girls throw and the boot would just plop at the guys feet.

It’s the political correctness my man. If a player is a useless cunt, get the useless cunt tae fuck! Alex Ferguson for me as next manager! Imagine that? 

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

There would be only one way to find out. I think any manager available to us would have this question mark beside them.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Steve Clark has done all right, finshing 5th, Jack Ross has done what he realistically should be, Potter is a weird one, don't know much about their expectations etc.

MPH, Van Bronckhorst and I'd possibly take De Boer as well.

I think Kilmarnock will finish higher than 5th.  

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s the political correctness my man. If a player is a useless cunt, get the useless cunt tae fuck! Alex Ferguson for me as next manager! Imagine that? 

No cannot imagine that, like walter the guy has served his time in football. If he had wanted to manage Rangers he would have done by now. Agree with the first bit though.

20 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

It's that expectation, that, for me, puts a doubt in my mind about every manager folks have been mentioning. Reading there of potters achievements is pretty impressive and for me has to be up there for consideration. But again I, like you have said would have doubts about the expectation of winning every game. 

I know it won't happen but there's only one man who I believe and would trust to turn us around and that's Sir Walter Smith. 

Wont happen but like I said he's the only man I would have 100% faith in

Smith is a legend and of course there would always be complete faith he could come back in and turn it around again. But as you said it's not going to happen.

We now need to find the next great Rangers manager.

Potter CV is hugely impressive not just domestically but in europe as well. This season he's beaten teams like Galatasaray and Arsenal with a budget no where near as big as theirs. He should be on the radar alongside Clarke.