The Murty Man speaks.

Smile

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Smith is a legend and of course there would always be complete faith he could come back in and turn it around again. But as you said it's not going to happen.

We now need to find the next great Rangers manager.

Potter CV is hugely impressive not just domestically but in europe as well. This season he's beaten teams like Galatasaray and Arsenal with a budget no where near as big as theirs. He should be on the radar alongside Clarke.

He beat an Arsenal reserve team, let's be fair, and it means fuck all, because Arsenal are on their way to Lyon and they're not :) 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He beat an Arsenal reserve team, let's be fair, and it means fuck all, because Arsenal are on their way to Lyon and they're not :) 

Bet that arsenal reserve team still costs 10 x as much as them.

We couldn't even get out the 1st round.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Bet that arsenal reserve team still costs 10 x as much as them.

We couldn't even get out the 1st round.

I know.

We had Caixinha in charge, I could have done as good a job as him.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

To get fucked by Lazio

No, fuck Lazio.

39 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Potter CV is hugely impressive not just domestically but in europe as well. This season he's beaten teams like Galatasaray and Arsenal with a budget no where near as big as theirs. He should be on the radar alongside Clarke.

We had another manager that did well in Europe but not domestically. Trouble is we cannot afford another stab in the dark then end up back where we started. The ability to understand Scottish football as well as talent  is necessary unless we go for a safe pair of hands. Another PLG is not the way. As much as I liked the guy his inability to handle scottish players was his downfall eg. BF.

Not even bothering to listen to the Murty pressers now, they are meaningless and hold nothing of substance.

I don't blame the man though, he got the shittiest situation in world football thrown at him because our board can't pull their finger out and do the right thing. We knew he was a sheep lead to the slaughter and it was only a matter of time before the fans turned on him.

Where's dinky or the board taking the blame in all this? Yeah the board cannot set up the team, motivate the players before or during the match, can't make substitutions but they can sure as hell can make sure they have a man who can do these three basic things!

36 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

We had another manager that did well in Europe but not domestically. Trouble is we cannot afford another stab in the dark then end up back where we started. The ability to understand Scottish football as well as talent  is necessary unless we go for a safe pair of hands. Another PLG is not the way. As much as I liked the guy his inability to handle scottish players was his downfall eg. BF.

One major difference is potter is a British manager. He will have an understanding of Scottish/British football. He worked with a number of British footballers during his time in Sweden. He also has Billy Reid as his assistant. Reid is a diehard Rangers supporter and well aware of what the demands are at our club

It's a very different situation to PLG. 

2 hours ago, Ayrblue1 said:

It's that expectation, that, for me, puts a doubt in my mind about every manager folks have been mentioning. Reading there of potters achievements is pretty impressive and for me has to be up there for consideration. But again I, like you have said would have doubts about the expectation of winning every game. 

I know it won't happen but there's only one man who I believe and would trust to turn us around and that's Sir Walter Smith. 

Wont happen but like I said he's the only man I would have 100% faith in

Let go of the apron strings and take the stabilizers off your bike too mate.

Murty is a nice guy, by all accounts, a good coach too, and well liked by the players, BUT;

Hes’s completely and utterly failed the job interview. We’ve lost more games under him than under Pedro and the baldy snake. The board gambled on him as the heap option because he was popular with the squad and it’s backfired spectacularly. 

31 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Potter is a ridiculously bad shout for where we are as a club right now.

How exactly is he a bad shout?  

In my view he should be one of the first names on their hit list.  Successful, British and has done it all with no money.  

Compare that to some peoples favourite FDB, sacked from his last 2 jobs and will want money to burn...For me he and MPH would be my picks.

It’s not as easy as saying manager x has done that with club y so he could do this with club z.

Potter has done an amazing job in Sweden but managing a club the size of ours is a totally different proposition entirely.

Much like Jack Ross, he’s nowhere near ready or experienced enough to take on the job at a club of our size and with our expectations.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Steve Clark has done all right, finshing 5th, Jack Ross has done what he realistically should be, Potter is a weird one, don't know much about their expectations etc.

MPH, Van Bronckhorst and I'd possibly take De Boer as well.

Of the 6 managers mentioned in this post I actually think De Boer would be the most underwhelming of the lot.

MPH should get it IMO and if not him then I wouldn't be against going for Potter.

Van Bronckhorst has been utter shite with Feyenoord this season. They're currently sitting 4th in that league, 23 points behind the leaders and only 3 clear of 5th place.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

To get fucked by Lazio

Seems a bit strange to me that Atletico will be beating 2 teams in the final.

One of you must have this wrong.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of the 6 managers mentioned in this post I actually think De Boer would be the most underwhelming of the lot.

MPH should get it IMO and if not him then I wouldn't be against going for Potter.

Van Bronckhorst has been utter shite with Feyenoord this season. They're currently sitting 4th in that league, 23 points behind the leaders and only 3 clear of 3rd place.

His appeal has certainly gone down tbh, but I wouldn’t say no.

MPH stands out as much as anybody, Potter I’m not sure on in all honesty.

Van Bronckhorst is mainly based on last season in fairness, never realised how bad this season was. 

4th but clear of third :lol: