The Murty Man speaks.

Smile

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Bizarre how in this day and age, with modern technology, you seem to think people can't read up on someone from Belgium and watch Youtube videos of his sides etc.

Aye good yin. People told me Pena scored some crackin goals on YouTube too. That worked well. Not saying MPH is another Le Guen but calm down on the endorsements is all. 

1 minute ago, Terry McCann said:

Aye good yin. People told me Pena scored some crackin goals on YouTube too. That worked well. Not saying MPH is another Le Guen but calm down on the endorsements is all. 

It was in Mexico he scored the goals mate.

38 minutes ago, Terry McCann said:

Bizarre how people mention MPH as thought they have watched his career and know anything about him. Clutching at straws. FdB ain't the answer either we all know it deep down. Gers have never been successful with a guy like that and they don't do well in Scottish football.  Id love a Klinnsmann or a Gio vB but isnt not the answer (and pretty fuckin unlikely too). We need a guy who has tactical nows rather than playing fancy shite 100% of the time, who takes no shite from players, boards, media etc. The Walter way. The Jock Wallace way. Even the Advocaat, McLeish, Souness way.  I'd be looking at Sean Dyche as the ideal, otherwise you are looking at guys like Hughes, Clarke, O'Neill (these last two dont sit easy but if they pump the puddle drinkers I could not give a fuck). Even Rafa Benitez if he gets binned. The only less experienced guy i know of who fits the bill is Rowett at Derby who the all seeing board knocked back for Pedro. Any other names?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

A quirky underdog is not what we need.

If the choice is between a "quirky underdog" and a guy who wins the league once and then finishes 4th in a 3 horse race the following season then the quirky underdog wins it for me.

MPH would be my choice though.

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He has his players train for a couple of hours and then has them spend the rest of the day reciting poetry to each other, performing ballets and painting watercolours.

Not as bad as taking selfies and posting shite on social media, give him the job.

24 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If the choice is between a "quirky underdog" and a guy who wins the league once and then finishes 4th in a 3 horse race the following season then the quirky underdog wins it for me.

MPH would be my choice though.

I don't know how much of the money the club have seen, or what size their budget is in comparison to Malmo's or whoever, but doesn't the £50 million Libyan investment suggest Osterunds are more RB Leipzig than Accrington Stanley?

My choice would be De Boer. I would agree he'd be risky but he's done with Ajax exactly what we'd need him to do for us. He knows the club, he's a proven winner at the highest level, and he'd be an attraction for players of a better standard than what we have who might not ordinarily consider us. I like much of what I'm hearing about MPH but I don't know enough about his teams or his career to hav a strong opinion on him.

For all the talk of De Boer being a risk, Potter would surely be the biggest risk in our history. He's neither been a player at a club who are expected to win every game nor a manager. Winning the Swedish third and second divisions has about as much value as McCoists lower league title wins.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't know how much of the money the club have seen, or what size their budget is in comparison to Malmo's or whoever, but doesn't the £50 million Libyan investment suggest Osterunds are more RB Leipzig than Accrington Stanley?

My choice would be De Boer. I would agree he'd be risky but he's done with Ajax exactly what we'd need him to do for us. He knows the club, he's a proven winner at the highest level, and he'd be an attraction for players of a better standard than what we have who might not ordinarily consider us. I like much of what I'm hearing about MPH but I don't know enough about his teams or his career to hav a strong opinion on him.

For all the talk of De Boer being a risk, Potter would surely be the biggest risk in our history. He's neither been a player at a club who are expected to win every game nor a manager. Winning the Swedish third and second divisions has about as much value as McCoists lower league title wins.

De Boer has been an absolute disaster at 2 of the 3 clubs he's managed in his career so far. Don't seem to remember players queuing up to sign for him either.

McCoist won the lower leagues with players who should never have been at that level. Potter won his with a team of so called rejects, free transfers, loan signings and bargains.

Can't really compare the two imo.

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

From wiki; 

In January 2014 the club announced that they had signed a half-billion kronor deal with the government of Libya to develop and educate Libyan football players. Under the terms of the deal, Östersunds FK would train 250 young men from Libya every year, except the first year in which they will receive 60 students. Those players would be taught English and computer skills in addition to sports theory and football training. The deal was expected to raise Östersund FKs yearly profits by over 50%.[7] The deal with the Libyan state never came to life, thus meaning no students came to Östersund and no money was received by the club.[8]

7 minutes ago, roboscot said:

From wiki; 

In January 2014 the club announced that they had signed a half-billion kronor deal with the government of Libya to develop and educate Libyan football players. Under the terms of the deal, Östersunds FK would train 250 young men from Libya every year, except the first year in which they will receive 60 students. Those players would be taught English and computer skills in addition to sports theory and football training. The deal was expected to raise Östersund FKs yearly profits by over 50%.[7] The deal with the Libyan state never came to life, thus meaning no students came to Östersund and no money was received by the club.[8]

.....which means that he and his Rangers-supporting assistant went from non-league to Europa League the hard way.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

De Boer has been an absolute disaster at 2 of the 3 clubs he's managed in his career so far. Don't seem to remember players queuing up to sign for him either.

McCoist won the lower leagues with players who should never have been at that level. Potter won his with a team of so called rejects, free transfers, loan signings and bargains.

Can't really compare the two imo.

I think you're pick and choosing what you want here in order for it to fit with your argument.

As an example of doing likewise, 2 of the 3 clubs Clarke's managed have ended in absolute disasters.

Half of the clubs that Warnock has been at have ended in absolute disaster yet a good proportion of our fans would have him as their first choice.

De Boer at Inter and Palace is concerning, but he didn't get much time at either club. Ajax are a similar club to ours in that they're the biggest and most successful club in their country, probably also the most loathed, and had gone 5 odd years without winning their league before De Boer arrived.

You also can't tell me players in the market we'd be looking at wouldn't be excited to play for De Boer with the career he's had playing and the calibre of players he's managed.

12 minutes ago, roboscot said:

From wiki; 

I stand corrected there then.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think you're pick and choosing what you want here in order for it to fit with your argument.

As an example of doing likewise, 2 of the 3 clubs Clarke's managed have ended in absolute disasters.

Half of the clubs that Warnock has been at have ended in absolute disaster yet a good proportion of our fans would have him as their first choice.

De Boer at Inter and Palace is concerning, but he didn't get much time at either club. Ajax are a similar club to ours in that they're the biggest and most successful club in their country, probably also the most loathed, and had gone 5 odd years without winning their league before De Boer arrived.

You also can't tell me players in the market we'd be looking at wouldn't be excited to play for De Boer with the career he's had playing and the calibre of players he's managed.

Ironic that you say that and then follow it up by bringing 2 managers I haven't mentioned into the discussion.

You tried to compare McCoist's lower league wins with Potter's when they're not comparable.

I can't tell you players would or wouldn't be interested in playing for De Boer because I don't know who we would be looking at and neither do you. I can tell you though that the players at Inter and Crystal Palace didn't want to play for him due to his training and tactics which resulted in him being chased from both clubs and becoming the worst manager in premier league history in the process.