The Murty Man speaks.

Smile

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His appeal has certainly gone down tbh, but I wouldn’t say no.

MPH stands out as much as anybody, Potter I’m not sure on in all honesty.

Van Bronckhorst is mainly based on last season in fairness, never realised how bad this season was. 

4th but clear of third :lol: 

Meant 5th clearly. Fuck knows how I've managed that :lol:

1 hour ago, orangecountry said:

People's views on how he talks to the media seem to have changed due to the scores on the park. 

Well obviously. Talking a good game is all fine and well when it coincides with winning games of football. When the results are shite then it becomes exactly what it is, "talking" a good game. 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats worrying that he's even allowed in the same room while discussions go on, 

I don't see why not, he will go back to his youth role - probably get promoted on a higher salary/role for his efforts as he obviously works well with Allen. If he isn't taking up the management job up after the season, then he is an excellent position to advise regarding the squad and next steps.

I think there have been a number of well thought out arguments on here regarding the names that have been put forward, some really good posts.  Personally I reckon Preude'Hommes CV stands out but we may have already pissed him off by not appointing him after Warburton.  FDB sounds like a blue chip signing  but I've just got a feeling it would all end in tears.  Potter could be an interesting prospect, his record is very impressive, don't know anything about what type of guy he is.  Biggest worry for me is this board's track record in appointing managers, will they go for Mark Allen's choice ( not saying his choice would ne right either ) or will they just ignore him - and fuck it up again ?

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

That seemed to me to be as about an underwhelming press conference as it gets.   The media treating him with kid gloves, Murty opening his soul - again - about him still learning and all that.   It gives him the 'out' to get a gentle ride from the journos as he comes over as just a bloke trying to learn the ropes and its a privilege to be given the opportunity to do so.    Its part of his defence to avoid a more probing or insistent set of questions as he'd be out of his depth in trying to deal with them and it'd show.  

It's what we've been brought to by those in charge at Ibrox.  Appointing a rookie manager, a Mr Nice Guy, a guy whose happy to talk quite a bit about the privileges and what he has still to learn but it keeps the media away from trying too hard to get at him.    It really is a poor sign that media conferences like these at Rangers have sailed into nothingness waters of exploring how a rookie manager is coping with the pressures and what he is learning from his experiences.

In my view no fire from Murty, no fight, no steel.  None whatsoever.   Just a sort of acceptance that the past is the past and that he is learning and that he hopes the team can get back to winning ways.   It came over to me as an another underwhelming performance where it is hard to take comfort or derive confidence from what he is saying and how he is saying it.    Inspiring?   Not for me it isn't.  And if that sort of matter-of-fact type of style is how he approaches team talks then I can't see that it'd be all that inspiring for the team.       

I would not have Murty back at the under 20's he would be binned he just doesn't come across as someone who can instil a winning mindset into young players.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

I would not have Murty back at the under 20's he would be binned he just doesn't come across as someone who can instil a winning mindset into young players.

I think the fact he’s of the mould where if your tactics aren’t working just keep believing and keep doing the same hoping for change rather than actually making any changes to shape, playing style, subs or anything he simply stands there chewing on his zip is the reason why I wouldn’t take him back at the U20s.

3175C226-1C07-4DA9-B63D-8A45D4B17898.thumb.jpeg.9d5413c9f2ed4655ee97fe9e2460cdb2.jpeg

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No, he isn't. Lennon is, if you mean Premiership. 

He couldn't save Alloa, then had them second. Done well with St Mirren but realistically they should be at the top.

He's done well, I know. Don't know if they're a team that only done it with high levels of money or whatever. Jimmy Nicholl is the same, never changed anything let's be fair.

I can’t see what JN has added, tbh.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of the 6 managers mentioned in this post I actually think De Boer would be the most underwhelming of the lot.

MPH should get it IMO and if not him then I wouldn't be against going for Potter.

Van Bronckhorst has been utter shite with Feyenoord this season. They're currently sitting 4th in that league, 23 points behind the leaders and only 3 clear of 5th place.

Tbf Gio could win the Dutch cup in a few weeks if they beat AZ alkmaar

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I’d put Clarke’s achievement ahead of Lennon although it’s hard to be neutral where that bastard is concerned! Lennon has gradually built that team, whereas Clarke was parachuted in when Killie were in freefall. 

As far as the championship is concerned, I would suggest that Dundee United would be favourites ahead of St Mirren. But it’s a tough league and his team have walked it and he’s raised a few bob for them too through the sale of Lewis Morgan.

If we had loads to spend, my choices might be different but, given where we are, these three are our best bets

Kilmarnock was still an established Premiership team, freefall or not. The Lemmon brought a team up from the Championship, now sitting fourth and wouldn't bet against them taking second spot. More chance of taking points off Kilmarnock every week than the spoonburners. A far better team imo and hard as fucking nails. We know the animal that he is, but he is obviously a decent manager, who can set up his team well and well fucking motivate them. He also has a track record of winning titles as a rookie, takng three in a row and two Scottish cups. Now as a rookie, that's some fucking record after taking over the trainwreck that Mowbry left.

I see Clarke as second best to him, which is why I think it would be a mistake to go for Clarke. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Kilmarnock was still an established Premiership team, freefall or not. The Lemmon brought a team up from the Championship, now sitting fourth and wouldn't bet against them taking second spot. More chance of taking points off Kilmarnock every week than the spoonburners. A far better team imo and hard as fucking nails. We know the animal that he is, but he is obviously a decent manager, who can set up his team well and well fucking motivate them. He also has a track record of winning titles as a rookie, takng three in a row and two Scottish cups. Now as a rookie, that's some fucking record after taking over the trainwreck that Mowbry left.

I see Clarke as second best to him, which is why I think it would be a mistake to go for Clarke. 

His first title was when we went into admin and the other 2 they were in the league alone. So it's hardly some wonderful achievement ffs 

Your posts get fucking weirder and weirder on here 

22 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

His first title was when we went into admin and the other 2 they were in the league alone. So it's hardly some wonderful achievement ffs 

I think avenger your really downplaying what Clarke has done. Killie have been a bottom 6 side for the last 5 seasons there best finish 8th. 2 years ago they were in the playoffs. In 6 months Clarke has got them into the top 6. He's also unbeaten vs old firm. 

His time with the tarriros aside. Lemon has had more time to build is team at hibs. Coming up from championship and doing well in the premiership is hardly unprecedented. ln the last 2 seasons us and hearts both promoted and both finished 3rd. 

I think what Clarke has done with that killie team is much more impressive when you look at what he had to take on. Lemon took on a side that won the Scottish cup. 

2 hours ago, callumbo87 said:

How exactly is he a bad shout?  

In my view he should be one of the first names on their hit list.  Successful, British and has done it all with no money.  

Compare that to some peoples favourite FDB, sacked from his last 2 jobs and will want money to burn...For me he and MPH would be my picks.

Punching above your weight at a small club where the expectation isn't to win every game is an entirely different prospect to managing a club like ours.

They finished, what, 6th in their league last season? He's done a good job no doubt and the European results were very good but he'd be making the biggest jump by miles compared to anyone else who has been linked bar Ross. We need a proven winner.

Players are signing for them cunts on the basis that Rodgers has worked with Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez etc., I can't see Potter having a similar pull whereas a De Boer most definitely would.

JJ is never tired of talking about budgets and how much King isn't spending to match the beggars, well i bet you Hibs's playing budget dwarfs Killies budget therefore it only goes to show how good a job Clarke has done in a short period of time.

Won't stop him wanking over that wee poisonous bastard though.

30 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm aware of that, but the main point was, he was a rookie youth team coach when he stepped up and had an alkay assisting him. He also gets them to the CL group stages twice in his three years. Not bad going for a rookie.

That said, what is maybe more impressive is what he has done with the spoonburners on a shoestring. 

Bizarre how people mention MPH as thought they have watched his career and know anything about him. Clutching at straws. FdB ain't the answer either we all know it deep down. Gers have never been successful with a guy like that and they don't do well in Scottish football.  Id love a Klinnsmann or a Gio vB but isnt not the answer (and pretty fuckin unlikely too). We need a guy who has tactical nows rather than playing fancy shite 100% of the time, who takes no shite from players, boards, media etc. The Walter way. The Jock Wallace way. Even the Advocaat, McLeish, Souness way.  I'd be looking at Sean Dyche as the ideal, otherwise you are looking at guys like Hughes, Clarke, O'Neill (these last two dont sit easy but if they pump the puddle drinkers I could not give a fuck). Even Rafa Benitez if he gets binned. The only less experienced guy i know of who fits the bill is Rowett at Derby who the all seeing board knocked back for Pedro. Any other names?

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sean Dyche would be ideal, but you might as well throw in Klopp's name too because neither are realistic. 

I don't get where this myth comes from that you can't play "fancy shite" and be successful in Scottish football

We need a leader of men is my point, someone who inspires rather than plays fancy football which might work for a few months until mid winter away at one of the middens. If the leader also plays fancy fitba fine. Otherwise leave it. Take the leader. I like MPHs CV too but unless like everyone else here I know nothing about his personality.  Can he carry our club?

14 minutes ago, Terry McCann said:

Bizarre how people mention MPH as thought they have watched his career and know anything about him.

Bizarre how in this day and age, with modern technology, you seem to think people can't read up on someone from Belgium and watch Youtube videos of his sides etc.