never a centre half

29 minutes ago, FSM said:

He was taught a lesson by Dembele today. However, my biggest defensive issue was with how Martin played, not McCrorie.

How on earth has that man amassed so many caps and performances at such a level? He is so bad at the bare basics it's unreal. 

Some of the shit he does, well I would have been dripped from the school team for the same. 

Feel he would be better as part of a back 3 next season with 2 quality additions , wouldnt say was outstanding as DM based on a couple of games as he played pretty decent at CB in the 2-0 game at Ibrox but is remembered for allowing the thumb to run off him the one time that game and score.

I still think once he’s match fit and with some coaching on his positioning will be a good CB.

From what I’ve seen of him as a DM his positional sense is poor and ends up letting the opposition pass through us, plus his distribution is poor bar one killer pass he played in one game.

Was directly at fault for 2 of our goals, Rogic pulled his pants down and then he gave away a school boy penalty when Dembele went down like a bag of spuds.

Would have been better in front of Martin and Alves although those 2 at the back don’t fill me with confidence either.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I doubt Halliday has the ability to man mark anyone.  He can't defend, attack, I don't even know what his position is and neither does anyone else.  He's a fan so apparently that makes it okay for him to be shite.  I wish he would just fuck off.

Oh i know his shortcomings. But we needed someone at least half physical to just stick to brown and either stop hom getting the ball or disrupt his passing.  It should not take a great player to niggle like that.

1 hour ago, Je99 said:

Get rid of Fabio Cardoso, Bruno Alves and Russell Martin.

Get Chris Berra (Hearts) and Dan Burn (Wigan) in.   Can't think of somebody else.   Shame about David Bates - I'd keep him.    

Ross McCrorie SHOULD play in midfield - he would be absolutely the beast in midfield!

He's should play in the youths he gets Bullied in midfield as well.

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Today was as clear a case of the halves and halve nots as I've seen in a long time.  Lack of quality is one thing, lack of fight is another thing entirely.

You on the fuckin wind up ya illiterate goon halves and halve nots jesus fuckin christ 

we keep throwing people into games - big games - that are just back from injury and have almost zero game time under their belt - and expect them to do well. it's mental. A player has to have had a good 6 games of 90 minutes behind them to be at a level thats match sharp and match fit - yet we keep doing this. And we keep paying the consequences.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

we keep throwing people into games - big games - that are just back from injury and have almost zero game time under their belt - and expect them to do well. it's mental. A player has to have had a good 6 games of 90 minutes behind them to be at a level thats match sharp and match fit - yet we keep doing this. And we keep paying the consequences.

Agree with that as well.

The games a bogey, totally useless in every department, the big question is where do you fucking start, that's the 64,000 dollar question, because some fans on here haven't a fucking clue never mind the Ibrox board and making Park the man is just as laughable as the performance today.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i think it was. id have been demanding it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Fair enough, I thought it was a tangle of legs and the ball had already gone by the time both went down. But I was also at the other end of the stadium and couldn't see the colour of the card so thought Dembele got booked for diving.

1 minute ago, saltire266 said:

Far better than Martin.Cardoso should get a good run now

I'm about 30 stone and still comfortably better than Martin. Cardoso should get fuck all, he's awful. Just because Martin is pish doesn't mean we should be playing that poof.

Never a Rangers player never mind a cb going by that shambolic performance. Harsh? Probably but it's justified. 

The kid has a lot of developing to do and we aren't in a position that he can cut his teeth in the first team. Send him on loan to the lower half of the spfl or championship with a clause that he has to play at cb.