2 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Do you feel with managers, injuries and positional wise he has had a fair crack at it?

At least Pedro used him properly and got some return before the long term absence.

I agree with what you are saying regarding fact he played in PL a while back, but he still has a lot of quality to be utilised. 

I am not saying he is the messiah, he has been sloppy at goals and tracking recently,  just think the overreaction is too much. I reckon if we get good players around Murphy, Dorrans and Morelos we will see much better results.

Dorrans will be judged next season and if he doesn't cut it then he can go.

Yes i think he has had more than a fair crack, the fact he started yesterdays match after his poor performance V Dundee says so aswell.

True, he might shine with better players around him but considering we took him up the road from the over-rated shite that is the English league, i'm sure he will be at the higher end of our wage structure and should be looked at as a good players who shoukd be bringing the best out in others. That simply isn't happening.

Murphy is another one who people got excited by just because he played in England, he has been ok against the lijes of Dundee etc but we need better than him to compete in a title race.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes i think he has had more than a fair crack, the fact he started yesterdays match after his poor performance V Dundee says so aswell.

True, he might shine with better players around him but considering we took him up the road from the over-rated shite that is the English league, i'm sure he will be at the higher end of our wage structure and should be looked at as a good players who shoukd be bringing the best out in others. That simply isn't happening.

Murphy is another one who people got excited by just because he played in England, he has been ok against the lijes of Dundee etc but we need better than him to compete in a title race.

Fair enough, opinions after all... I don't feel he is fully fit and has more to offer so wont single him out just yet.

I expect better from him but I see enough to think if played properly and to his strengths he will be an asset and key player.

Murphy is probably our best player IMO, again opinions but i feel you are being harsh, lets not worry about these guys, worry about the large number of lost causes in the squad.

I think in all these threads and posts about players and their ability, two things are very clear - the majority are not good enough to play for Rangers and those that are will need a decent coach to support and nurture their talent to make them good enough to play for Rangers. There is not one single player we can say "aye" to  - none

3 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Fair enough, opinions after all... I don't feel he is fully fit and has more to offer so wont single him out just yet.

I expect better from him but I see enough to think if played properly and to his strengths he will be an asset and key player.

Murphy is probably our best player IMO, again opinions but i feel you are being harsh, lets not worry about these guys, worry about the large number of lost causes in the squad.

Yes mate, not having a go or that, you are entitled to your opinion.

If he is not fit then he shouldn't be playing though, he is not doing tge team nor himself justice if this has been the cause of his poor performances.

Don't get me wrong, i think Murphy is ok but the hype when he signed wasn't justified, i have watched Brighton and they aren't great and he couldn't get near their team. 

Agree with the last bit about lost causes, there are still far too many of them lingering around and we need shot of them ASAP, but not very easy when they are contracted.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes mate, not having a go or that, you are entitled to your opinion.

If he is not fit then he shouldn't be playing though, he is not doing tge team nor himself justice if this has been the cause of his poor performances.

Don't get me wrong, i think Murphy is ok but the hype when he signed wasn't justified, i have watched Brighton and they aren't great and he couldn't get near their team. 

Agree with the last bit about lost causes, there are still far too many of them lingering around and we need shot of them ASAP, but not very easy when they are contracted.

Murphy is a good player for me but he can't do it all himself, similar to Dorrans when he is best suited in an advanced role creating rather than like yesterday dropping to 18 yard box to collect the ball.

Morelos has impressive stats and he is the next one people are turning on now, people need to realise there are bigger issued and as i said so so much deadwood that needs moved on this year once and for all.

Ps. I grew up in the wimpy houses near the hospital before i moved down south, that should make sense to you!

16 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Murphy is a good player for me but he can't do it all himself, similar to Dorrans when he is best suited in an advanced role creating rather than like yesterday dropping to 18 yard box to collect the ball.

Morelos has impressive stats and he is the next one people are turning on now, people need to realise there are bigger issued and as i said so so much deadwood that needs moved on this year once and for all.

Ps. I grew up in the wimpy houses near the hospital before i moved down south, that should make sense to you!

I guess we will just need to wait and see if we sign Murphy and attract a proper manager who can utilise him and Dorrans better and bring the best out in them.

Morelos was far too isolated yesterday, no way can he be expected to take on the entire beggar defence on his own without support, i felt the rest of the team stood far too much off them from the first minute and if you do that they hurt you.

That's a wee token of good fortune you have then, not having to see as many gloating beggars as i do here:lol:

4 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Have we ever had such a poorly utilised player?

I know people are going to say he's been playing deeper for years but the guy's an attacking midfielder all day long. He's shown he can influence things in the final third but he is absolutely wasted playing deeper.

Should be an absolute priority for any new manager to try and get more out of him.

I was listening to the football phone in the other day and Alex Rae said that he has been following Dorrans all his career and he has always been better suited at being further forward, but he has been played in a different role by various managers.

Wouldn't do any harm trying him in there?

4 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Dorrans was a disgrace at their first goal. Didn’t track Rogic and then just stood watching at the edge of the box as he cut it back onto his right foot and scored.

I've watched the replays a few times and I agree he couldnt have tracked him but there are players guitly of worse than Dorrans for that goal!

Declan John, Tav and McCrorie just stood off him!

Sky sports commentator had an inadvertent dig at our recent signing policy .

He commented about Docherty being a lifelong Rangers fan and then made a throw away comment about there being ‘quite a few Rangers fans in the Rangers side these days’ before pointing out Dorrans being another.

When you think about it, our January signings have ultimately been half decent footballers who are all from a Rangers background.

If Allen/the board think that we’re going to win anything with this signing strategy all hope is lost.

4 hours ago, gsa said:

His problems look physical to me. I'm aware he's been injured but even prior to that he looked like he was struggling badly to get around the pitch. 

Worth trying off the front for the last 5 games. If he's going to come good anywhere it'll be there.

His legs have gone and I said somewhere else he looks like a 36 year old veteran out there.

11 hours ago, Smile said:

I think his legs have gone a bit hope I'm wrong and its fitness issues but looks done to me.

He’s been pish for 3 or 4 seasons. Anyone who didn’t realise this signing was doomed to failure doesn’t watch outside of ibrox. 

He’s done, done years before he even arrived. Which is sad as he isn’t an old guy and he’s a supporter.

he was NEVER going to take us forward.

2 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Sky sports commentator had an inadvertent dig at our recent signing policy .

He commented about Docherty being a lifelong Rangers fan and then made a throw away comment about there being ‘quite a few Rangers fans in the Rangers side these days’ before pointing out Dorrans being another.

When you think about it, our January signings have ultimately been half decent footballers who are all from a Rangers background.

If Allen/the board think that we’re going to win anything with this signing strategy all hope is lost.

This.

Trying to appease the support by signing fans will never work.

The board were desperate for Dorrans and I was tearing my hair out. He was never going to take us forward and was a costly option.

The board were right about one thing though, he did galvanise the support and get most excited. So much so a lot are in denial about his ability ? 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Dorrans was and to an extent is still massively overrated on here, same with Murphy. He's a player that will have one great game in like 7-8 games and be average at best in the rest. His ability and qualities are nowhere near as good as what we require. That being said him playing so deep doesn't help.

Honestly couldn't care less if neither were here next season, with the wages they will be on, they don't produce anywhere near enough good performances. Dorrans and Murphy's performances in Old firm games are appalling. Not the only ones right enough!

Thought Murphy was excellent in the 3-2 game tbh.