Who will Gerrard keep?

Amato

7 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Moreno is on 40k - a lot, but doable if we're cutting 15 folks off the wage bill - it's 2m a year, and for a player of his quality we shouldn't have qualms about making him our top earner.

Solanke on less than 20k per Liverpool's policy for U23 players (that one would of course be a loan) - so almost certainly less than some of our current imposters are on.

Torres admittedly is on 70k, but he's 34 and looking for a club - plenty other top players in that situation have taken sizeable wage cuts.

Anyway, we hopefully won't be paying Alves any more, and lets say between the 3 of them we're shelling out, say, 100k a week (would be no more than that) - what's the issue?  Our current wage structure is something close to 350k, and if we're planning to make a tilt at the title we should have no qualms raising that to the region of 400k at least - the rosarians pay their mhob something like 750k a week all in.  Cutting the size of the squad is key - have 28-30 players rather than the 40 we employ now, and let 7 or 8 of these be young guys earning perhaps 25k between them.  You can afford to pay 3 players 100k between them, and the rest of the squad would obviously vary, but could average salaries of 10k or so each even if we kept the total spend at current levels, which is higher than the current squad's average salary.

Oh look, it’s @Sweetheart‘s brother 

16 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Not particularly expensive either.  MacGregor and Arfield both already in on the free.  Torres, MacArthur and Cuellar all available free too.  Skrtel can't be costing more than £2m, possibly less, Solanke would be a loan, and Cochrane should be doable for £1m or so.  Moreno might be a stretch, but he might be keen to come play for Stevie G, only has one year left on his contract, and isn't getting very regular time with Liverpool at present.  I'd say if we can get him for under £5m its worth it (though that's perhaps unlikely) - he's only 25 and is capped by Spain - would boss the SPL no end.

Sure Cuellar probably doesn't have more than 1 or 2 seasons left in him, and Skrtel, Torres and perhaps MacGregor are only good for 2 or 3 seasons, and Solanke could only be a loan so we'd need a replacement end of the season.  But these are not next season's concerns, just building a team capable of winning the league, mix of proper experience and promising youngsters.  And supposing the total outlay is £8m or so for these, we should have another couple of million plus whatever we get for Fod & Windass to spend on a proper right back (keep Tav as additional cover for right midfield) and one or two more CBs.  Could always bring in one or two more loanees too, as the above depends on just one.

Jesus Christ. Staggering stuff.

25 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Over the moon and back again pal :pipe:

Robbery, but over the fucking moon. Freedom!

Is there a dug track in Burnley?

Looks like we're talking up the player to get him to fuck for an inflated price. 3mil, I'd suck Dave's cock if he went for anywhere near that.

I think he will go for more than £3m. This is the club likely leaking the bid price to drive it up a little more, will be closer to £4m with a sell on. Would’ve been no point negotiating a new contract with removal of his minimum release clause otherwise.

A bargain price for premier league clubs which is ‘low risk’ for them and a good bit of business for us. 

3 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Staggering stuff.

In fairness was writing it at 3 in the morning.

I am certain though that all this chat of us needing 25 mil to challenge the smell, and we can't afford wages and such (not on here but in the media) is nonsense. We're 13 points off them with a rotten team, a few wise signings of free players, solid loan deals, then 2 or 3 players we should be willing to splash cash on and 8-10 million should be enough to make us very competitive under a competent manager. Whether it'll happen remains to be seen, but the needed surgery is possible within our budget.

27 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think he will go for more than £3m. This is the club likely leaking the bid price to drive it up a little more, will be closer to £4m with a sell on. Would’ve been no point negotiating a new contract with removal of his minimum release clause otherwise.

A bargain price for premier league clubs which is ‘low risk’ for them and a good bit of business for us. 

Fair play to you mate. I had him away two days ago for 800k ? prob just valuing him upon how i was feeling at the time! Happy to be wrong there.

28 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

I am certain though that all this chat of us needing 25 mil to challenge the smell, and we can't afford wages and such (not on here but in the media) is nonsense. We're 13 points off them with a rotten team, a few wise signings of free players, solid loan deals, then 2 or 3 players we should be willing to splash cash on and 8-10 million should be enough to make us very competitive under a competent manager. Whether it'll happen remains to be seen, but the needed surgery is possible within our budget.

In fairness i am stoned and still cant understand you but i am trying.

47 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

"to challenge the smell"

You've written some utter bollocks in your short time here. But this is up there as the worst of the lot.

Away and pop your plukes kid.

45 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Fair play to you mate. I had him away two days ago for 800k ? prob just valuing him upon how i was feeling at the time! Happy to be wrong there.

To be fair, we could both still be wrong, long way to go! As I said though £3m+ is good business.

11 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

From the today's reports so take with a pinch of salt.

But as well as Windass being sold we are looking to move on Eduardo Herrara, Fabio Cardoso, Andy Halliday, Jak Alnwick, Joe Dodoo, Bruno Alves and Michael O’Halloran

And Morelos.