Who will Gerrard keep?

Amato

59 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So are you but we all still persevere with you?

My point stands as a right back no thank you but as an attacking midfielder then he is worth a shot

Tbf as an amf he can't be any worse than windass

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

So are you but we all still persevere with you?

My point stands as a right back no thank you but as an attacking midfielder then he is worth a shot

If that's the standard, we win nothing.

However, Stevie G will raise it and it will be without the numerous losers in this squad.

15 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If that's the standard, we win nothing.

However, Stevie G will raise it and it will be without the numerous losers in this squad.

The reality is the squad is bang average but if you think we will move 18 out to bring 18 in then it will be a long summer for you.....I'm merely making the point that I believe he has something to offer but in a more advanced role than he gives us as a right back

MacGregor

Tav (for now)      Skrtel            Cuellar           Moreno

Ross McCrorie      MacArthur         Arfield

Solanke                                                        

Torres                       Morelos

Bench:

Robby McCrorie; Aidan Wilson; John; Candeias; Murphy; Cochrane; Cummings

OK, getting Moreno might be a little stretch, if not then get John on for now or get a young lad from EPL as cover.  Could see that being a title-winning line-up though.

Others to keep as squad players: Alnwick; Beerman; Barjonas; Docherty; Jack; 1 or maybe 2 of Rossiter, Dorrans and Holt; Hardie; Atakayi; Dodoo (maybe)

Punt for as much cash as possible: Foderingham; Windass

Punt cash or no cash: Cardoso; Wallace; Dalcio; Miller; Herrera; Halliday; Hodson; Alves; MOH; Martin; Forrester; Pena; (would probably have held onto Bates as a squad player but he's on the way out anyway)

Back out on loan: Thompson; Burt; Kelly

26 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

MacGregor

Solanke                                                        

Bench:

OK, getting Moreno might be a little stretch, if not then get John on for now or get a young lad from EPL as cover.  Could see that being a title-winning line-up though.

Others to keep as squad players: Alnwick; Beerman; Barjonas; Docherty; Jack; 1 or maybe 2 of Rossiter, Dorrans and Holt; Hardie; Atakayi; Dodoo (maybe)

Punt cash or no cash: Cardoso; Wallace; Dalcio; Miller; Herrera; Halliday; Hodson; Alves; MOH; Martin; Forrester; Pena; (would probably have held onto Bates as a squad player but he's on the way out anyway)

Good young team there for the future

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Good young team there for the future

Not particularly expensive either.  MacGregor and Arfield both already in on the free.  Torres, MacArthur and Cuellar all available free too.  Skrtel can't be costing more than £2m, possibly less, Solanke would be a loan, and Cochrane should be doable for £1m or so.  Moreno might be a stretch, but he might be keen to come play for Stevie G, only has one year left on his contract, and isn't getting very regular time with Liverpool at present.  I'd say if we can get him for under £5m its worth it (though that's perhaps unlikely) - he's only 25 and is capped by Spain - would boss the SPL no end.

Sure Cuellar probably doesn't have more than 1 or 2 seasons left in him, and Skrtel, Torres and perhaps MacGregor are only good for 2 or 3 seasons, and Solanke could only be a loan so we'd need a replacement end of the season.  But these are not next season's concerns, just building a team capable of winning the league, mix of proper experience and promising youngsters.  And supposing the total outlay is £8m or so for these, we should have another couple of million plus whatever we get for Fod & Windass to spend on a proper right back (keep Tav as additional cover for right midfield) and one or two more CBs.  Could always bring in one or two more loanees too, as the above depends on just one.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Delusional

Which, the 8 signings (5 of which are free, 2 of which already signed pre-contract agreements, 3 more we've been linked to of which 2 are mates of Gerrard and one a boyhood bear)?  Or saying that they would be capable of winning the title?

I grant you Moreno is a long shot (which I said in my original post) and Torres probably less than 50/50 to come, but the rest are perfectly possible, even likely (Cochrane apart, but he'd just be a good-to-have-for-the-future anyway).  But lets say neither of these materialise - Torres is perfectly replaceable by a decent loan (e.g. Izzy Brown), and not buying Moreno means we've probably spent less than £3m so far, meaning we have decent money to spend on a decent defence (so also replaceable).  Not to mention that of all the positions we need signings for, LB I probably the lowest priority right now.

12 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

Which, the 8 signings (5 of which are free, 2 of which already signed pre-contract agreements, 3 more we've been linked to of which 2 are mates of Gerrard and one a boyhood bear)?  Or saying that they would be capable of winning the title?

I grant you Moreno is a long shot (which I said in my original post) and Torres probably less than 50/50 to come, but the rest are perfectly possible, even likely (Cochrane apart, but he'd just be a good-to-have-for-the-future anyway).  But lets say neither of these materialise - Torres is perfectly replaceable by a decent loan (e.g. Izzy Brown), and not buying Moreno means we've probably spent less than £3m so far, meaning we have decent money to spend on a decent defence (so also replaceable).  Not to mention that of all the positions we need signings for, LB I probably the lowest priority right now.

Moreno torres solanke are all on mega money no chance we are signing any of them, mccarthur is another who is about to sign on with cyrstal palace for another couple of year and cuellar is ancient dont even think he is still playing at a good level anymore.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Moreno torres solanke are all on mega money no chance we are signing any of them, mccarthur is another who is about to sign on with cyrstal palace for another couple of year and cuellar is ancient dont even think he is still playing at a good level anymore.

Moreno is on 40k - a lot, but doable if we're cutting 15 folks off the wage bill - it's 2m a year, and for a player of his quality we shouldn't have qualms about making him our top earner.

Solanke on less than 20k per Liverpool's policy for U23 players (that one would of course be a loan) - so almost certainly less than some of our current imposters are on.

Torres admittedly is on 70k, but he's 34 and looking for a club - plenty other top players in that situation have taken sizeable wage cuts.

Anyway, we hopefully won't be paying Alves any more, and lets say between the 3 of them we're shelling out, say, 100k a week (would be no more than that) - what's the issue?  Our current wage structure is something close to 350k, and if we're planning to make a tilt at the title we should have no qualms raising that to the region of 400k at least - the rosarians pay their mhob something like 750k a week all in.  Cutting the size of the squad is key - have 28-30 players rather than the 40 we employ now, and let 7 or 8 of these be young guys earning perhaps 25k between them.  You can afford to pay 3 players 100k between them, and the rest of the squad would obviously vary, but could average salaries of 10k or so each even if we kept the total spend at current levels, which is higher than the current squad's average salary.

Keep McRorie, Jack, Docherty. I think they all have potential. Can't make up my mind whether we should persist with Rossiter. Again, I think there is some potential but if he's going to be so fragile all his career, he's done.

I like Candeias' attitude but he won't improve and his delivery is wasteful too often.

Would be happy to lose the rest.

Edit: forgot Cummings. I'd sign him. I think there's a goal scorer in there somewhere.

4 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Moreno is on 40k - a lot, but doable if we're cutting 15 folks off the wage bill - it's 2m a year, and for a player of his quality we shouldn't have qualms about making him our top earner.

Solanke on less than 20k per Liverpool's policy for U23 players (that one would of course be a loan) - so almost certainly less than some of our current imposters are on.

Torres admittedly is on 70k, but he's 34 and looking for a club - plenty other top players in that situation have taken sizeable wage cuts.

Anyway, we hopefully won't be paying Alves any more, and lets say between the 3 of them we're shelling out, say, 100k a week (would be no more than that) - what's the issue?  Our current wage structure is something close to 350k, and if we're planning to make a tilt at the title we should have no qualms raising that to the region of 400k at least - the rosarians pay their mhob something like 750k a week all in.  Cutting the size of the squad is key - have 28-30 players rather than the 40 we employ now, and let 7 or 8 of these be young guys earning perhaps 25k between them.  You can afford to pay 3 players 100k between them, and the rest of the squad would obviously vary, but could average salaries of 10k or so each even if we kept the total spend at current levels, which is higher than the current squad's average salary.

Are you on the glue? 

Tav’s not the best defensively, but thought he defended pretty well, took responsibility for the ball a lot more than most, and  put one on a plate for Morelos. 

Think his post match comments are clouding people views on his actual performance. Haven’t seen / heard them, so don’t know the context other than the RM meltdown. 

7 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Liverpool turned down £12million for Moreno in January! And he's pish!

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The fear I have is Gerrard looking to past player abilities and thinking he can get them performing at that level again. 

I think this squad is fucked bar a handful of players. Som might look ok for a while, but just when we need them to go that extra mile they wimp out.

I don't agree. I think he will look at how they performed repeatedly against the scum and look to off load as many as he can as they have consistently proved they are not winners.

8 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I don't agree. I think he will look at how they performed repeatedly against the scum and look to off load as many as he can as they have consistently proved they are not winners.

Don’t know what you’re disagreeing with :lol:

It’s my fear, didn’t say it would happen or not!

My team including signings would be 

Hennesey

Tav (can’t think) Skrtel (Not sure) Haidara

Arfield McCrorie Bobby Reid

Candeias Solanke Murphy

Bench- McCrorie, Tavernier, Docherty, Jack, Cummings, Morelos. 

I’ve said before I think the ones he keeps, most have to be bench players for where we want to be

I reckon we will get a few loans from Liverpool that will be better than what we have and bulk out the squad. It would give SG some elbow room until he can ship out the shite and offer these guys experience so they can make the step up to the Liverpool first team in a season or 2. A win win for Liverpool and SG. I hope he brings in a couple of gnarly defenders with a point to prove.

9 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

MacGregor

Solanke                                                        

Bench:

You’ve let Gerrard signing go to your head!! 

Torres will do the opposite of what you say,  rather than take a drop & come to us he will take a rise & go to China or the MLS! 

Moreno still has a year on his contract & will be well out of our budget, Liverpool not long ago rejecting £12m. 

Solanke will either remain a squad player at Liverpool or if not will likely receive a few offers to play in the Premiership, Leicester, Cardiff etc. 

Cuellar doesn’t even warrant a response.

MacArthur has already said he wants to stay in England for another couple of years. 

Skrtel again has a year to run on his contract, rated at Fenerbache & is a big earner, unlikely that he will be here either.

So that leaves you with Arfield & MacGregor. The two who have seemingly signed pre-contracts. Back to the drawing board son.

8 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

You’ve let Gerrard signing go to your head!! 

Torres will do the opposite of what you say,  rather than take a drop & come to us he will take a rise & go to China or the MLS! 

Moreno still has a year on his contract & will be well out of our budget, Liverpool not long ago rejecting £12m. 

Solanke will either remain a squad player at Liverpool or if not will likely receive a few offers to play in the Premiership, Leicester, Cardiff etc. 

Cuellar doesn’t even warrant a response.

MacArthur has already said he wants to stay in England for another couple of years. 

Skrtel again has a year to run on his contract, rated at Femerbache & is a big earner, unlikely that he will be here either.

So that leaves you with Arfield & MacGregor. The two who have seemingly signed pre-contracts. Back to the drawing board son.

:lol: